We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What would make the game better?

alabama619

Yea, in this thread, just post what you think would improve the game and why.

For me, it needs to be harder to get money. Harder as in, take one 0 off the end of all the prizes. When I bought the game I was really looking forward to driving around and seeing someone occasionally in a Ferrari Enzo or something and thinking, "Damn Ide like to have that". But that doesnt happen. An Enzo is more common than the cheaper cars. Ide love to save up for weeks and then eventually get a F430 and brag to my mates who could only afford an Audi or something

Yeah I totally agree, maybe this is something for TDU2!

The Need for Speed Carbon did this too. But I don't think it took me weeks to get a murcielago etc... Maybe adding to it, as you get higher up the ranks (pro, expert etc) you start to unlock cars. Because atm you can buy an Enzo in rookie mode.... :S

And this suggestion SHOULD apply to the trade section, to stop wealthy friends giving them away... :)

Albama I think exactly the same about what you said. It is way to easy to earn money! No race you play should have a reward more than 100,000.

I want MULTI STORY CAR PARKS! I'd love to just slalom in car parks and here the squeaky tires echo through the building.

Have a little bit more customization, like alloy wheel shops, Paint, interior like being able to buy SAT NAV not having it already and of course Exhausts shop!

And I want more cars from a huge range like a Ford Foucs ST or something to Land Rover Discvery so on.

A few more things but these are my main ones.

I was talking about this while driving on the 360 version and an idea I has so that you can't rerun the same race all the time was have it like GT4 did it, ie; a race takes a day and certain races occur on certain days of the week. If we get weather plus day and night then this would be a good way of keeping exclusive cars fairly exclusive. The lowering of prize money is a good idea also I have to say !

In fact going to make a poll about this in General.

Yes money is too easy to win... but I dont think it will be harder, this game (like all others) is made for the largest public, if it becomes harder, less players will buy it ^^)

I would like more different kind of road (we got 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5, but they appears everywhere with same looking.. It will be cool if moutain roads are different than city ones, etc)

And more one lane road, it fun to drive on small road :p

And lot of things but I dont remember ^^

http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?p=24660#post24660

As for just general improvements, more customization would be good, spoilers, bumpers, window tints, neon etc.

Claims that havn't been realised:

"Seamless online connection" - Except most of the time when it's rubbish.

"Monthly additions of vehicles" - In nearly 1 year since release, PC have had 2 new cars.

"Aftermarket parts" - When I first read this I thought it meant the kind of upgrades you get in Need for Speed, like bumpers and tints as I've mentioned above. I guess what it really means is you can tune to stage 3, exciting...

As for just general improvements, more customization would be good, spoilers, bumpers, window tints, neon etc.

Reason I didn't suggest this was because it would end up being like another Need For Speed. The cars in the game looks amazing anyway there is no need to tune them exterior wise other than alloys.

Diablo that is also a good idea having races on certain days.

but I dont think it will be harder' date=' this game (like all others) is made for the largest public, if it becomes harder, less players will buy it ^^)[/quote']

Ok if they make it harder, maybe they should have a setting difficulty so for people who are not so good or for people who are struggling to complete races they can chose to play on Easy setting then for people who want a challenge they can chose Hard.

Few more things I was thinking about last night..

Increase the number of people that can cruise up to 20 maybe.

Have more accessible areas, to many areas around TDU are closed off.

Car damage! This can help in a numerous of ways, it will stop people driving irresponsibly, in races people will no try to Ram you with their Enzos.

There are so many small things that make a game like the great.

I agree with mad max, we don't NEED any more games like NFS, thats why i didn't buy carbon because it's tuning slr's, carrera gt's etc.. and they do not need to be tuned exterior wise because they look fine as they are. As for less money in prizes i agree with this too. Far too easy to see nice cars driving about. It would be so much better if it was really rare to see an enzo like in real life, like WOW an enzo :D etc.. I also agree with Speedracer on the roads. There are far too many dull boring roads. We want very high up mountain roads with a barrier seperating you and certain death of falling down! Also some more tunnels are in order and they should make it so if you see an enzo going past you in a tunnel or whatever it makes a lot of noise and carries on until it's about half a mile away (Wouldn't that be cool?! :D). The Zonda has a great noise when you are driving it but when you see one passing you can hardly hear it at all. Personally i hate this because theres no way that it would be like that if one passed you going down the motorway for example. Another car which is so quiet i can't even hear the engine unless i have radar is the skyline. I mean whats that about, it's meant to be nice and loud. Honestly i have had music on 2 volume and i can't hear the engine! :(. Carparks are a great idea too. Especially the big multistory ones like in GTA but of course cars parked there and maybe you could have tolls to get in? like they do down your local city centre etc.. ;). I would love to have windwipers in a car too. Just imagine having to swipe all that water off your windscreen in the pouring rain, hehe. I have talked about lights before and you should be able to put them on permanently or not at all. Indicators would be awesome too like they have in World Racing 2. I know hardly any of these suggestions will actually come true but theres always hope ;)

Yes, and Enzo with neon would kill it. Another way around all this to easy to make money problem is to have lots of way to spend it. Like maybe having tax on your car, or a car wash, if there is damage got to pay for every part to be repaired, like Scottish said Car Parks need to be paid to get into and you only have 1 house in the game and then you have to find car parks to store your cars. Indicators would be so handy right now, because your cruising and you got to go off the throttle to press " T " to type to give your friends a heads up that your turning so they don't keep driving.

This is one of my favorite things to have, that if their is damage and your driving your car in the middle of nowhere and you break down. You can text/phone a friend that's online to come pick you up. So you will be the passanger in your friends car. No I'm not hinting towards making this a game where you can walk around.

i have a dream wich is almost impossible to man kind! have a game that has over like 100 discs each disc holds a dealership like having a ford disc so u can have every single ford car ever made!,bmw,porsche,ferrari,and 10 or 20 disc or more like 100 holding planet earth and have airplanes to travel trians boats jetskis sky diving a game that could allow u to do anything even walk around on the streets being able to jack cars if u had a special jacking lvl.but u couldnt if alarm was installed,u could have weapons (not in races tho) i know this is impossible but a kid can dream also to have the option to do anything to a car that u can in real life but impossible mabey in the future

- I think if the night feature is used we should be able to have continuous lights, that don't result in 'instant challenges'

- Plus (the harder to get more money thing) - which I'll expand. The cars should be graded to depend on your ranking, and the top most rank should be very hard to get, and the rare cars (Enzo etc) should only be unlocked at that top most level, so It is much harder to come across an Enzo etc :)

This can also make the cars such as the F430 and the AMG SL65 very easy to come by, as it is now, therefore pleasing the people who want to get the best cars quickly, but this also means that seeing an enzo driving around would be a real jaw dropper, if the rare cares were hard to come by...

Not being arrogant or anything ;) but I think this idea meets the needs of all the people who voted in this poll... =] http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=1907

Nope, Lol I don't agree.

If cars were only unlockable at certain levels, it would seem unfair to those who could afford them at a lower level. If you have worked hard to afford an Enzo or a Mclaren F1 at Expert level, I think it would be unfair if you were limited to buying a Gallardo or a Ford GT. If you can afford the car, you should be able to buy it whatever your rank.

P.S. That link is already in my earlier post.

Nope, Lol I don't agree.

If cars were only unlockable at certain levels, it would seem unfair to those who could afford them at a lower level. If you have worked hard to afford an Enzo or a Mclaren F1 at Expert level, I think it would be unfair if you were limited to buying a Gallardo or a Ford GT. If you can afford the car, you should be able to buy it whatever your rank.

P.S. That link is already in my earlier post.

But this is the point... to suit both people:

- People who want to be able to afford an Enzo in their first day

- People who want to wait a month to upgrade their TT

Therefore if you make the F430 etc and other B,C,D,E... cars available very easily then that's alright.... and making the more expensive cars Enzos, McLarens etc will please the second group ^ aswell. I personally would like to have this feature.

Oh just to clarify, I wasn't talking about years to be able to unlock the rare cars. I was talking about a few months of fairly solid play (4-5hours/day) average...

Oh just to clarify, I wasn't talking about years to be able to unlock the rare cars. I was talking about a few months of fairly solid play (4-5hours/day) average...

4-5 hours a day for a few months? That's like 240+ hours play for just one car!!!

The Enzo is already expensive and I think that if you do do all those car delivery missions and such then you have been patient enough to buy the car you want. I don't like the idea of unlockables as it is, so it would annoy me more if I couldn't buy the best cars when I had the money for them...

4-5 hours a day for a few months? That's like 240+ hours play for just one car!!!

The Enzo is already expensive and I think that if you do do all those car delivery missions and such then you have been patient enough to buy the car you want. I don't like the idea of unlockables as it is, so it would annoy me more if I couldn't buy the best cars when I had the money for them...

Yeah it's not 240+ hours for 1 car, sorry I forgot to state, it's that many hours to unlock ALL the rare cars! so you will probably have the money by then to buy quite a few of them, and all the work been put into it will be wort it. Ok so maybe not 4-5hours/day... maybe 1-2 AVERAGE per day for 3 or so months.... :)

Carried on argument in other thread...

Speed - http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=24820&postcount=25

Iced - http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=24823&postcount=26

We do not need neon, that will kill a game. Maybe allow the option of coloured Xeon headlights but I wouldn't want to see TDU become NFS of now.

NFS just overdoes everthing they do. Well I'm pretty glad Pro Street is more performance over, visual. I have all the NFS's, I only visually modified the exterior of the tuners and left the exotics looking stick visually.

TDu would just be making itself more like NFS if they would add those in.

I agree with mad max, we don't NEED any more games like NFS, thats why i didn't buy carbon because it's tuning slr's, carrera gt's etc.. and they do not need to be tuned exterior wise because they look fine as they are.

Yeah I agree, I just left my SLR with its original body kit on, but pianted it black and put window tint in. And alos left the STOCK rims on :)

As for less money in prizes i agree with this too. Far too easy to see nice cars driving about. It would be so much better if it was really rare to see an enzo like in real life, like WOW an enzo :D etc..

Here here, I've said all I need to on this :P (above post)

I also agree with Speedracer on the roads. There are far too many dull boring roads. We want very high up mountain roads with a barrier seperating you and certain death of falling down!

This is much like 'NFS: Carbon' and 'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift', and this is a great feature as this adss realisim to the danger of mountain roads. :)

Also some more tunnels are in order and they should make it so if you see an enzo going past you in a tunnel or whatever it makes a lot of noise and carries on until it's about half a mile away (Wouldn't that be cool?! :D).

Yeah, you'd be able to hear it before it came ;) great idea!

Carparks are a great idea too. Especially the big multistory ones like in GTA but of course cars parked there and maybe you could have tolls to get in? like they do down your local city centre etc.. ;).

Yeah, I'd love to be able to get into the multi-story car park which is already in TDU, but it has an-unbreakable barrier :( lol - next patch ??

I would love to have windwipers in a car too. Just imagine having to swipe all that water off your windscreen in the pouring rain....

OR SNOW!!!

....hehe. I have talked about lights before and you should be able to put them on permanently or not at all. Indicators would be awesome too like they have in World Racing 2. I know hardly any of these suggestions will actually come true but theres always hope ;)

Indeed, or maybe Diablo can send these along with the othe suggestions to Atari, I think the final date for ideas is Sept 3rd... :)

:D It is though, half of my pictures has text on them. And when your in photomode the text doesn't disappear. You have to go back into game wait then go back into photo mode. And if someones types something while your in photomode it still shows :mad:

Yeah Please sort this out :)