We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Money should be harder to acquire?

Eudemon

Make money less easy to obtain?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Make money less easy to obtain?

• Yes I agree.
    • No I like having it all.
    • Not bothered.

A topic has arisen in the PC section and a few of us have discussed this on and off while driving on the 360 and there's always a yes and no reaction to this so we wanted to see what the community as a whole thinks.

What am I talking about? Well prize money and how easy it is to acquire, maybe as suggested lop a 0 off those prize amounts or as I suggested make certain races available on certain days and each race takes a day meaning you can't rerun the same race over and over again.

If we have active weather and day and night sequences (hopefully!) then this wouldn't be too hard to replicate. And I'm not saying a day should take a full 24 hours, maybe 6 or 4 but I personally would like to feel a sense of achievement when I buy an F1 or an Enzo etc...

Maybe it's just me and some others, so lets see what the verdict is. Feel free to post your views and ideas on this also.

I voted Not Bothered, because as I do agree that it would be nice to have a sense of achievement when you do earn your first million or however much, I think the game would be a bit slow without earning all that money for each race. The start would be a lot slower, and you would be stuck with your Audi TT for a few days before you had any chance of buying anything else, and I think this would put quite a few people off the game before they even play it properly. Therefore I think it would be a good idea for the money to decrease each time you complete a race, so you don't earn the full amount each time. This would stop people re-runing races multiple times, to earn ridiculous amounts of money for simple races.

That's my point though, delivery missions still equate to a ton of money and tbh you need to be patient and drive well to get the full wack. It's just that even as an expert you could do a speed race which gave you $15,000 each time resulting in about $1,000,000 every 20mins iirc.

That's my point though, delivery missions still equate to a ton of money and tbh you need to be patient and drive well to get the full wack. It's just that even as an expert you could do a speed race which gave you $15,000 each time resulting in about $1,000,000 every 20mins iirc.

Yes but maybe if you have the patience to complete a single race or challenge, that's only 20 seconds long, for 100 times or so then you deserve the money. I'm sure for many people, repeating the same challenge becomes incredibly boring and they just give up so for those who do spend hours on the same challenge, I think they deserve the money in some way because they have earnt it , and repeatedly raced over and over again just to earn a certain car. If you want a car that badly, then it would be tiresome having to wait days to get it. But then again, if they have the patience to repeat a race hundreds of times, they should really also have the patience to wait a few days to earn enough money properly, hmmm....

For me, the most fun got out of the game is the driving. It's nice to go and buy a new car while you've not got them all, but collecting the cars is not where the game is at, IMHO.

So I don't care if the money is too easy to get. And I agree with Speed_Freak. Yes, you can get 1m relatively quickly by doing the 180mph speed challenge over and over, but once I've got that million I definitely don't want to get another million by doing the same thing immediately. And if I was only going to get 1m each day, I'd rather do the Millionaires Challenge. Yes it takes you three times as long (or more) to get the money, and yes there's a chance of not getting the money, but at least it's fun.

This is a good point, not sure exactly where I sit at the moment but it would be good to make it harder to buy the top class cars.

But if you go back to the GT series that was exactly the same buy you having to repeat races so you could buy/upgrade a car but then that did take alot longer to do than it does in TDU so it would be a welcome change.

also how about putting restrictions on car classes so for example you couldn't have a class A car until Champion level, Class B at Expert and so on.

I'd only like it if supercars were super rare on the game. If it took your like a year to get some of the real top cars that would be good as when you fainally got it it would be somthing specil unlike enzos in the game. Thats not going to happen as people would get board quick and wouldn't give up.

I think money should be harder to get in TDU, but it wouldn't be good if we would spend months on actually getting a class A car. Then most people get bored and stop playing, as they are going so "Slow" in the Class C/D cars.

- I think if the night feature is used we should be able to have continuous lights, that don't result in 'instant challenges'

- Plus (the harder to get more money thing) - which I'll expand. The cars should be graded to depend on your ranking, and the top most rank should be very hard to get, and the rare cars (Enzo etc) should only be unlocked at that top most level, so It is much harder to come across an Enzo etc :)

This can also make the cars such as the F430 and the AMG SL65 very easy to come by, as it is now, therefore pleasing the people who want to get the best cars quickly, but this also means that seeing an enzo driving around would be a real jaw dropper, if the rare cares were hard to come by...

Not being arrogant or anything ;) but I think this idea meets the needs of all the people who voted in this poll... =]

I know I copied my post in the other thread, but I cba to type it out again :P - sorry

Further argument here:

http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=24823&postcount=26

You sig is well to wide, its ruiening the forum structure making its real difficult to read the post. Keep on getting disstracted by the differnce, sounds odd but it happens.

My sig is too wide? It's fine on my screen, is your res wider? sorry if it is Ill try and change it, I think it's missing a space. on my 1280x1024 it fits, as the XFire thing goes under the Enzo pic - sorry about that...

EDIT: Is it ok now?

My sig is too wide? It's fine on my screen, is your res wider? sorry if it is Ill try and change it, I think it's missing a space. on my 1280x1024 it fits, as the XFire thing goes under the Enzo pic - sorry about that...

EDIT: Is it ok now?

Yer its good now, the secound pic wasn't under the top one before for me. Am on same res so wasn't that, must have not loaded right, sorry.