We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

R.I.P Colin McRae

Marc_CRX

Colin McRae has, and always will be the most entertaining and raw talented Drive the WRC and possibly the world has ever seen, he was always on the edge and always going 100%

I have a Scale model of the Martini Focus with McRae's and Grists names on it, I will now be keeping this for life

This has been known for a while but was officially confirmed this morning.

Colin McRae and his 5 year old son Johnny-Gavin McRae were killed in a helicopter crash near to McRae's home. Two other people were killed, one was a close friend of McRae and the other tragically was his own 6 year old son. Four people were killed in the crash and the families have been notified.

Many friends and fans have already expressed their condolences to what truly was a Rally and Motorsport Legend.

RIP Colin McRae, you done Scotland and Britain proud!!

Subaru World Rally Team managing director, Richard Taylor:

"All of us at the Subaru World Rally Team are shocked and upset by the tragic news of Colin McRae's death, which was announced on Sunday. Colin was Subaru's first World Champion and a man who almost single-handedly brought the sport of rallying to the attention of millions around the world. He was an inspiration to motorsport fans and remained a close friend to many of us in the team. At this terribly sad time our thoughts are with Alison and the rest of Colin's family."

R.I.P. Colin McRae, his son and the two family friends.

A massive loss to us all and will always be remembered as one of the greatest heroes in motorsport.

Also David Richards the boss of Prodrive had to do a emergency landing on the way back from Spa in his helicopter. Both David and his wife walked away unhurt. Full story can be found on the Autosport website.

The world is now a worse off place...

Whatever praises there are to sing about McRae have been stated already (amazing man, flat out, most talented rally driver etc etc etc)

It is only with his death that I realise, that across all the various different disciplines of motorsports, McRae was probably my favourite driver.

My sincere condolences to his wife and daughter, who have just lost the two most important men of their lives.

Let us mourn the death of a hero.

(EDIT: I actually cried reading the news reports and watching the various tribute videos after this post. Sounds kinda stupid, but I can't help it...)