We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Britain Battered by Gale force winds and Rain

Baldy

Appalling conditions are expected to hit the UK today.

Thursday 10 January WEATHER WARNING Heavy and persistent rain is expected across much of northern England and southwest Scotland. Severe gales, with 70mph gusts, will also affect western parts of Wales. Road conditions are likely to be dangerous at times. Valid until 1200GMT.

Thursday 10 January FLOOD WARNING There are 13 flood warnings in force across the United Kingdom. Northeast (8) Northwest (1) Wales (4).

So basically this thread is to post pictures of the result of the storm.

I'll start off by posting picture's of flooding in my local village.

We're suffering from global warming so it rains more. Logical. :rolleyes:

Anyhows, didn't you look a bit weird taking photos of cars going through a flood? :p

I may have looked weird but there again i was with the council workers in my high vis jacket so i more than likely looked like i was from the council

Oh my! :eek:. That looks really bad. Is it just from today or before? As here it's only really been raining today. Hope you keep the RS4 and other cars away from that :D

Nope i've taken my car through it already.

Edit: It's from overnight and this morning and it's still raining.

Edit 2: No they were taken with my k850i

Up here I had some severe wind (damn vindaloo!) but it died down after about 12 hours the next day, we had tons of rain also but no flooding, you guys down south seem to get hit a lot though but then again we learnt from the massive flooding we had in the early 90's, are local councils improving flood defences and all that or they do they just do a cleanup and that's it !

there doing a lot of work on drainage over the next few years, but flood defences are poor due to development on all of the old flood plains, but there are plans for a large hydro power station which would control the water flow, whether this will make things better or worse i don't know but i'm sure there will be investigations into it.

Just don't go too fast and get water in your engine x(

unless it has a splash gaurd underneath or a diesel.

That looks well bad, we have had alot of rain today and the wind is starting to get quite bad now so I expect something of the same in the morning as the weather front moves down here.

Hey what bad weather lol ??????????

Its just been chilly with the average rainfall and average winds the last couple of days here in Birmingham lol.

Although it was snowing here the other night but it didn't stick :( lol.

I don't know if you noticed nige but our rainfall was higher than average. :rolleyes:

the weather has been a tad cack here, but nothing extrodonarily bad.

the heaviest of the rain was last night, up until about 11am today. naturally the car decided to throw a hissy when we tried to start it this morning so i had to ride into college on my pushbike. i got VERY wet

bad times :(

Looks like some of you have it worse than others. Hope you guys stay safe with all the strong winds. At least you're not as bad off as a Pakistani guy I know from another forum...

And I've had worse floods here before, some even up to the top of the wheelarches, stalling the engine naturally