We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Audi R8 V12 TDi Twin Turbo

MCW

Its here, the Audi R8 TDi. Its engine is inspired from the R10 diesel race car.

The diesel R8 comes with a 5.9 litre V12 Twin Turbo powerplant making it half a second quicker to 60 mph than the petrol and a top speed of "well over 186mph". While pumping out a massive 738lb of torque it still manages 23mpg!

Audi R8 6.0 V12 Diesel TwinTurbo

large.jpg

large.jpg

audi-r8-tdi-concept-01.jpg

audi-r8-tdi-concept-05.jpg

Great car! I love it! :D Only one thing...

029__scaled_600_009.jpg

They should have changed the gearstick. (Spot the mistake)

Well it's a "Show Car" things like that do occasionally happen ... Audi have released it as a Concept

I love the style changes to the car ... V Nice

And Only 2 companies in the world could most probably make a half-decent diesel engine for a sports car ... the other is Peugeot

I wonder what both companies have in common <cough> diesel Le Mans car <cough>

I think you should put your order in now Baldred!!!!!

What has the world come too ????????

Its a sad state of affairs when people are fantasising (:badspelling:) over a DIESEL SUPERCAR (I hoped I will never have to say that :mad:!) :oook::eek::eek_blue: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on guys forget about the styling tweeks and the torque would you honestly by this over the petrol alternative ???????????????

I certainly wouldn't, diesel technology still has along way to come yet and by no means would I want a supercar that sounds like a lorry when I start it up.

What has the world come too ????????

Its a sad state of affairs when people are fantasising (:badspelling:) over a DIESEL SUPER CAR (I hoped I will never have to say that :mad:!) :oook::eek::eek_blue: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on guys forget about the styling tweaks and the torque would you honestly by this over the petrol alternative ???????????????

I certainly wouldn't, diesel technology still has along way to come yet and by no means would I want a super car that sounds like a lorry when I start it up.

Yawn :eek: Theres nothing wrong with a diesel super car, more efficient, and so what if it sounds like a truck, it's still a super car, I'd rather have one of these over an American super car any day. (Waits for attack in reply)

I won't buy it neither. Ill just buy a Gallardo for that price :P

Sounds like a very good idea. Lets see what the future holds ey? ;)

diesel technology still has along way to come yet and by no means would I want a supercar that sounds like a lorry when I start it up.

Diesel supercars don't sound like HGV's, i can assure you of that. The only thing it has in common with one is the amount of BHP it has.

Also it rumoured to have a Euro 6 engine to meet the 2014 regs which is advanced technology as Euro 5 is only just being used as standared in most production and you can still choose/buy a vehicle with euro 4 block.

The sad thing about this is that the R8 Diesel will outsell the Chevrolet Corvette in this country :eek::eek_blue::eek: :mad::mad::mad::mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ???????????????????????????????????????

There is a good thing to come out of this though I get to laugh at the perfetic excuse of a person who I see driving a R8 Diesel :excited: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sad thing about this is that the R8 Diesel will outsell the Chevrolet Corvette in this country :eek::eek_blue::eek: :mad::mad::mad::mad: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ???????????????????????????????????????

There is a good thing to come out of this though I get to laugh at the perfetic excuse of a person who I see driving a R8 Diesel :excited: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you know why they will out sell the chevvy. Because they are better. Anyway i'm not going to get into an argument.

I'll leave you to your childish posting, just because you don't like something, it is way over the top, i'm really starting to get fed up with your stupid replies.

As for laughing at people, that just makes you a perfetic person, sad sad sad i just don't know why you would do that as i know for a fact they will be laughing back.

So what if it's a diesel, it's an amazing car, and i can't see many people who would turn down the chance to own one of them.

Grow up Nige before people really start to get annoyed with your post.