We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU: PC Car Sound Upgrades! Pack 2 now ready!!

Mb

• Replies 468
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the skyline sounds are bugged between 5-6k rpm when accelerating. Also, could you make them a teeny bit louder please?

They're just loud enough, better than the original anyway, because I can actually hear it, but even louder would be nice,

Did you take the file off, or does it just not work?

Nope, it should still be there. Try it again, hopefully it works by now.;)

I'll try on a V2. The software I'm using seems to be very temperamental.

Matt88;44770']Yeah, the skyline sounds are bugged between 5-6k rpm when accelerating. Also, could you make them a teeny bit louder please?

They're just loud enough, better than the original anyway, because I can actually hear it, but even louder would be nice,

I can try! There's no such thing as a limit - knowing when to stop is an artform. :D

Guest RB26DETT

hey jim. are you working on v2 of the skyline mod? i just downloaded yours and i must say, bravo! it sounds better than the previous one. but yeah, it was bugged between 4-6k. i've idled the car between 4-6k and it was annoying. so unfortunately i had to delete it.

did you use an NFS sound? i can't recognize it. use the sound from PROSTREET! the skyline sounds best there!

This thread has made me want to do my own :) I'm not too keen on some of the mods ... as some are just too loud and sometimes the sound is not smooth. No offence to people who made them, as they are generally very good :D However I would probably prefer them slightly less realistic atm ...

I havnt tried the skyline, as people say it's buggy ... I will try it later :)

Guest RB26DETT
    I have made my own DB9 Volante sound. There is a small clicking noise in there, but that will be sorted tonight. I will make it slightly even more grunty, then upload it. I will make a Vanquish one. Andlater the other DB9 one. :)

skyline, please... :rolleyes:

The Gallardo sounds nice, i think i'll download that one now. Does anybody know if other people online can hear the sounds too, as they wont have the same files as us, wouldnt they just hear us with a silent engine?
    No and No.

No, they cannot hear your "updated" sounds ... they will only hear the stock ones, unless they update the same files too.

No, they wont hear you with a sieltn engine, as my previous point ^ says :p

TDU-C sound mod pack 2

TDU-C sound mod pack 2 is now ready.

The sounds are from various people from the internet and all credit goes to them for all their hard work.

The new sounds and the sounds from pack one now have a rating to make it easier for you to chose what ones you want to change.

The reviews are the opinions of S71NG3R and TheScottishSpotter.

Rating system:

***** Don't waste your time

***** Worth a file copy

***** Good

***** Very good

***** You must have this sound

Ac 289 - ***** - Sounds best at 3000 RPM.

Alfa Romeo Gt 3 2 V6 24v - ***** - Very different sound from stock to sporting technical kit.

Aston Martin Db4 Gt Zagato - ***** - More like an older racing car.

Aston Martin Db7 Zagato - ***** - Not any better than the original.

Aston Martin Db9 Coupe - ***** - Sounds broken to me take it back to the dealer.

Aston Martin Db9 Volante - ***** - Sounds broken to me take it back to the dealer.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage - ***** - The sound of a thundering V8 but the mid-high mix needs more tweaking.

Audi Rs4 Quattro - ***** - Updated and now sounds more European than American V8.

Audi S4 Cabriolet - ***** - Better than the original but you will wish you could put the roof up.

Audi TT Quattro Sport - ***** - It's ok nothing to write home about.

Caterham Csr 260 - ***** - DIY repair job gone wrong.

Chevrolet Camaro Z 28 - ***** - Real American V8 sound you will want to find a tunnel.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray - ***** - Not too bad but too quite idle and mid-high mix needs more tweaking.

Chevrolet Ssr - ***** - Not to bad for one of the slowest cars in TDU.

Chrysler 300c Srt 8 - ***** - Sounds a bit weak but not too bad for this type of car.

Ferrari F430 Coupe - ***** - Sound is loud and much better than the original.

Ferrari F430 Spider - ***** - Sound is loud and much better than the original.

Ford GT - ***** - Forget it the original is better.

Ford Mustang Gt R Concept - ***** a lot more like a GT racer at high revs.

Jaguar Xkr Coupe - ***** - You like it more you drive it.

Koenigsegg CC8S - ***** - don't even think about trying this one.

Lamborghini Gallardo SE - ***** - Very loud sound only let down by mid-high mix.

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - ***** - Very loud sound only let down by mid-high mix.

Maserati Gransport - ***** - Not any better than the original.

Maserati Spyder 90th Anniversary - ***** - Not any better than the original.

Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa - ***** - Not any better than the original.

Maserati MC12 - ***** - Very very very loud is all I can say.

McLaren F1 - ***** - Too loud it will make your ears bleed like all cars should do.

McLaren F1 GTR - ***** - It's like hell swallowed you up and spat you out.

Mercedes-Benz CLS 55 AMG - ***** - Keep the one from mod pack one.

Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG - ***** - much deeper sound but not that good.

Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG - ***** - much deeper sound but not that good.

Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG - ***** - much deeper sound but not that good.

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren - ***** - Deeper V8 sound than the original.

Nissan 350Z Coupe - ***** - Much improved sound from the original.

Nissan 350Z Nismo S-Tune - ***** - Much improved sound from the original.

Nissan Skyline Gt R R34 - ***** - No longer a Subaru sound but it's still not any good.

Pontiac Firebird - ***** - Racing V8 sound that's not too bad.

Pontiac Gto - ***** - Sounds just like the ford GT.

Saleen S281 3 Valve Convertible - ***** - American V8 sound that's ok.

Saleen S281 3 Valve Coupe - ***** - American V8 sound that's ok.

Saleen S281 Extreme Coupe - ***** - Thundering V8 that is much better than the original.

Saleen S281 Supercharged Convertible - ***** - Thundering V8 that is much better than the original.

Saleen S281 Supercharged Coupe - ***** - Thundering V8 that is much better than the original.

Saleen S281 Supercharged Speedster - ***** - Thundering V8 that is much better than the original.

Saleen S7 Twin Turbo - ***** - Ford GT sound from TDU but sounds very good with this car.

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe - ***** - Sound too high pitched at high revs but very good at low revs.

Shelby Gt 500 - ***** - Classic American V8 sound.

Volkswagen Golf V R32 - ***** - Better than the original.

Wiesmann Roadster Mf3 - ***** - Original is just a bit better.

Here are the links to sound pack one and two:

TDU-C Sound mod Pack v1.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QRWV6EOV

TDU-C Sound mod pack v2.0 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MBO412W4

Wow, nice :)

+ rep S71NG and TSS for the list :D

Cant wait for pack 2.

I was doing quite well with my own Vanquish sound, but it was Audacity which was making parts of it louder and consequencly making a beeping noise between gear 5 and 6 ....