We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently!

The Queen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't really agree more than what The Queen said. I know I'd be pissed if somebody was running around my car with a camera like a school kid but wouldn't mind at all if they were stood on the pavement and took one or two photos like normal people.

I can never get pics but trust me I saw these two!

Ferrari F430 Spider

Aston Martin DB9

I spotted the 430 from a block away because in NYC, bright red or citrus-y colored cars are usually exotics. DB9 was hidden behind some trees, it was black/dark green.

I agree with all these points. Being harassed like in the video isn't very nice. I guess it depends on the person. Maybe some people just love being raped by 12/13 year old children and getting all the attention. :rolleyes:

I couldn't really agree more than what The Queen said. I know I'd be pissed if somebody was running around my car with a camera like a school kid but wouldn't mind at all if they were stood on the pavement and took one or two photos like normal people.

Here driving an expensive car is pretty much a deathwish. This town is a mix of young people who love cars and older people who are very anti-progress and rather environmental, and want all cars dead. Plenty of stories of carspotting which irritate the drivers, it's why I never take pictures of cars when someone are in it. American cars are always a horrible target here, for both teenage car spotters and anti-development wackos (all the expensive cars here are generally driven by developers or construction magnates or whatnot).

I've beared witness to a few incidents:

A Corvette C1 Convertible was mobbed by about ten teenage boys with cameras on main street, grinding traffic to a halt unti security from a nearby shopped moved them on.

My neighbour drove me to the shops a few months back to get a new battery for my Camry and after leaving his Viper alone in the car park for about 10 minutes, it was surrounded by teenagers and one of them had climbed into the drivers seat for a photo opportunity.

When the Dodge Dealership opened here, they had to hire security to stop people going in for photographs of the cars. Which was strange since they never sold Vipers or any other decent car. Having a similar problem with the new Porsche Dealership at the moment, though no one's actually game enough to buy a 911 or Cayman, so the streets are awash with new Cayenne's.

And my mates Hummer H2, he parked that at the shops and had the sides beaten with a golf club and one of the windows knocked out. Nothing stolen though.

Plenty of stories I've heard about but not witnessed in any way including people spray painting a 370Z...letting down the tires of Audi R8's was qutie popular here for a bit, but they've stopped selling R8's at the local dealership now and everyone who had one has either moved or sold theirs.

-big text-

Geez, those kids should be tied up and kept in the basement. That's just out of control.

But really, it's true, Latvia's no better when it comes to mobbing expensive exotics. There's literally 50 4th graders pushing each other out of the way to take a photo of a Lamborghini with their camera phones. Same goes for ruining cars. Nobody dares to drive an AM anymore, because they get stripped from their headlamps, wheels, mirrors etc., and I think this has happened to almost every AM here. And we only have like 5. And now all the Bentleys are taking all the crap. Just park it in the wrong spot and it's done for. The jealousy never settles.

And nobody takes kindly to car spotters over here, as I'm not one of them, it doesn't affect me, but the way other people (not the drivers) treat them here is a little too hard.

:)

3 Scuds, one with the worst stripes i've ever seen :lol:

2e0uvfc.jpg

Really really really busy :( Rubbish for trying to take photos..

rmjsb5.jpg

t7l9tv.jpg

1zf380k.jpg

So I moved to the exit and watched all the cars leave for the next 2 hours :lol:

White 458, it's starting to grow on me now..

huiow4.jpg

19nnyt.jpg

F1 :drool:

25a0tjl.jpg

Yellow Enzo

107l4cn.jpg

1 of the 3 Gullwings there :nuts:

359dbes.jpg

Nice scud

2zhr584.jpg

Bugatti EB 100 :drool:

2yyaxsn.jpg

OM NOM NOM

2im2e7s.jpg

Balboni

29ve8hh.jpg

Grandsport

29ngu9v.jpg

Nice Duo

oi6v7d.jpg

This weekend, ive seen 2 Ferrari F430s, 1 Ferrari F430 Scuderia, 1 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, 1 Ferrari F355, 2 Nissan GTRs, 1 Bentley Continental GT Supersports, 2 Ginetta F400s, 1 of only 250 Porsche 911 Sport Classics, BTCC driver Jason Plato's Porsche 911 Turbo, 1 Mercedes Benz C Klasse AMG, 1 Aston Martin DB9 Volante, 1 Vauxhall VXR8, 1 Vauxhall Monaro VXR8, 1 Porsche Pannamera 4s, 1 Ford GT, 1 MG Xpower, 1 Vauxhall Monaro, 1 Aston MArtin DB7 GT, 2 or 3 standard Bentley Continental GTs, 2 Maserati Gransport (new and old), 1 Rolls Royce Phantom, 2 Aston Martin V12 Vantages, 1 Honda NSX, 3 Ford Focus RSs (1 in every colour!!!) the list goes on and on! below are a few of the pics I have.

On a side note, I also saw a Spitfire and a Eurofighter Typhoon flying!!!

(All at Oulton Park BTCC)