We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently!

The Queen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the latest cars i saw, and i saw them in November in Birmingham. Nothing interesting comes through my town.

The Veron from MPH.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Sorry fopr the possibly big images.

^ That was actually the MPH show with Top Gear :)

They had a CCX therem wich was "Teh Sex"

I have come across a few rare cars in my photo travels. My best car photo was of a Bugatti EB110, the Holy Grail of Car Sightings if you were. I'll find the photo and maybe post it up ;)

Nice one Pressurized, my mate from school went to MPH. I considered it for half a second before realising i'd have so much more fun and spend so much less money just going to Flame & Thunder show at Santa Pod. Or it might have been Rotorstock, i can't remember.

Didn't see much today, the only interesting thing i guess i saw was a black Ferrari 430.

I have lots of photos from car dealership in a place called Exeter.

Sorry for the lots of photo's...

F40 LM, i think.

288 GTO, fast version. Correct me if im wrong.

F40 Engine.

288 GTO? Rear.

250 Spyder, im not sure on this though.

Interior.

That has to be one of the best looking cars ive seen.

612. My brother in the shot.

360 CS... Yes, a CS!

The next few pictures are the best find i have ever photographed...

Bugatti EB110

F430 Spider

Another 250 Spyder. To buy this one, £475.000

599 GTB, i couldnt get up close as it was a staff area. My uncle is getting one soon, he has already put a £5,000 deposit for one (Not that one)

Two Rolls Royce's. The new Phantom is massive, a lot bigger than the TV makes out.

Carrera 4s

911 GT3, it said that on a little badge on the numberplate.

See... GT3 :P

No Carbon Ceramic Brakes though.

Cayenne in Camo.

Is that an 07 or an 08 version?

Read the Plate :P

The 2nd Vanquish S ive seen.

My new Desktop

AM V8, my mum really likes this.

Another DB9 Volante.

The AM V8 looks good in red.

DB9.

I would of got more photo's of Bentleys, but the guy inside said something about people being able to track Numberplate's and Chassis numbers. But Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin didn't mind me taking photo's.

Oh my god! Amazing shots. What camera do you have? Also nice to see another spotter. I know someone who lives near Exeter and the Ferrari Dealership is called Carrs. Also I know some of your unknown cars ;)

First : Correct that is an F40 LM

Second : The 288 GTO is actually a very rare race prepared version known as the 288 GTO Evoluzione.

Third : That Ferrari is the 250 California and I know that because of the covered headlights.

Fourth : The Cayenne is the 08 Edition.

[rant]

I have already been sort of kicked out of the Ferrari Dealer in Scotland for spending too much time photographing the cars there (Shows how much I love cars and photography). The guy told me he never wanted to see me nor my camera there again. I'm sure i'll visit again but not sure what reactions will be. I hope the guy who got angry doesn't work there anymore :D

[/rant]

Anyway hope that answered your questions and nice to see a fellow person who photographs cars ;)

^ I originally posted the photo's at another car forum, they quickly identified the 288 and F40 :P

I was unsure about the 250 Spyder, i knew there was a 275. Wasn't the 250 Cali used in Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

The camera i have is a Nikon D40X SLR, with an 18-55mm Lens. That trip was my first real use of it.

Everyone in the garage's were pretty friendly, some of the Ferrai guys were a bit uptight, but were ok with my taking photo's. I just said that i needed to take photo's for a school project :P

I just said that i needed to take photo's for a school project :P

I always say this but of course the boss caught on as I did go quite a lot and then the last time I had just finished taking photos of a Gallardo Spyder when he came over to me and said. "Sorry but I don't want you taking pictures here any more." Then I replied with "You mean of the customer parking area?" then he said "No, everywhere on the grounds. I don't want to see you or your camera back on this premises."

I then did the 'walk of shame' so to speak which was really embarassing as I always went there when parents wanted to go shopping or some crap so thats that out the window now :(

Ah well it's not the end of the world. I suppose I can understand his point as the customers were probably complaining that some 'anorak' was taking pictures and that it didn't look very good. etc...

Sounds like that Ferrari Dealer boss is a bit uptight.

You should try go to Exeter. The Aston dealer was especially friendly, my Mum said she was considering getting an Aston, and we got a big brochure on an Aston V8 Volante. And i got a poster of a DBR9.

Shame about the Bentley/Rolls Royce dealer though, but i did atleast get photo's of the cars outside.

Actually it was the boss of Bentley that told me off, not the Ferrari guys. What right does he have to kick me off when I could have just gone to Ferrari ;)

The people running the Aston garage here were not very nice either. They only liked me taking showroom pics and not from outside (Of course thats where the rare cars are, for example there was a nice *limited run of 100* DB7 Zagato.)

Unfortunately Exeter is a long way from Dundee BUT my parents do want to go to Devon for a holiday so theres an excuse to visit the garage there ;). I hope they do decide to go there in the summer as I can visit there and hopefully see some nice cars!

I'd never have the guts to walk into a showroom just to take photo's, i've only ever done so when my dad was looking at cars a while ago and they had some nice stuff.

Which showroom had the old Ferraris and the Bugatti? I so want to go there, I love old ferraris.

What you have a Ferrari delearship in DEVON :eek:.

I thought devon was full of farmers and tourists lol :p.

Actually Devon is a nice place, I like Torquay its nice :D.

There is loads of car dealers in Devon. Exeter has the most as far as i know. Every road has a dealer. The most exotic ones are Ferrari, Porsche, Aston and Rolls Royce/Bentley.