We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Should (virtually) all games have a Photomode?

Eudemon

Should (virtually) all games have a Photomode?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should (virtually) all games have a Photomode?

• Hell yes !
    • Hell no !
    • Oh hell, what was the question?

Not really 'hell no', but depends on the game.

Photo-mode only partially serves the purpose of making cool wallpapers for yourself, instead its main purpose is to share content with other players. This form of social sharing is becoming a big part of games and just as photo-mode is replacing screenshots I think video creation and other forums of sharing personally created content within a game is going to become more prevalent.

Imagine doing a run then being able to replay it, adjusting cameras/lighting. Cutting together scenes, adding (custom) music and commentry, before having a highly polished result rendered in a format that plugs straight into online media sharing sites.

Guest RB26DETT

after my last post, i logged off and went to bed. once i lay down, i was still thinking about would FPS games benefit from having a photomode. then i realized that it would be a pain if someone kept pausing and take a picture of him killing an opponent. maybe singleplayer FPS's would be fine, but multiplayer, people will start flaming you for pausing ingame a lot.

I think a photomode for every game would be brilliant, because at some point in every game you play you will probably want to take a picture of what you just did (Skate, TDU, GT5, Forza 2, Ace Combat, Tekken 5:DR, Lost Planet, GRAW2, COD4) and i know some of those games i mentioned already have photomodes but i was just giving an example of different types of games.

RB yes that could be single player but I was more thinking that what Halo 3 can do, save your game as replay and alright maybe not float around the whole map (impressive feature in a crap game imo) but follow your character around and be able to take pics at moments that happened.

Imagine catching a firefight where you headshot someone and see that their bullet went past your head, or how about capturing that moment when your C4 took out 2 or more people behind a door. The possibilities are endless !