We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Mega Pack for PC? (from: tdu.fr)

Eudemon

Looking around at the modding scene for TDU PC I came across the main TDU Community site in France and noticed something interesting on the front page. Now note as is said on the article itself that nothing is confirmed or set in stone but it is the first fairly official hearing we have had about packs for TDU PC.

Don't get too excited as I have said as it would be better to doubt and be pleasantly surprised rather than hyped up and become disappointed. :D

Original: http://www.testdriveunlimited.fr/index.php

Google Translate: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.testdriveunlimited.fr%2Findex.php&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Can we expect a pack of cars on PC?

-- TDU megapack PC (incorporating most of the cars packs XBOX 360): still under way, but pending legal validation by the US brands.

What about servers? How long can we still drive on the roads sunny?

-- Servers psp / ps2: Evaluating the cost versus the number of players

-- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping servers or service reductions planned for the moment.

Attention, nothing is official yet, so anything that is said here is not a contract.

Take this with a grain of salt. And if anyone can properly translate incase google has embelished somewhat, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

This is crap,

-- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping servers or service reductions planned for the moment

If they do plan on shutting down servers, they should release a sort of mod for LAN play. Or something.

Not really, I mean think about it, if your mates asked you if you were doing anything in October you might say; "well I got nothing planned at the moment" but of course that is subject to change so essentially what this person is saying is 'not right now but should circumstances change'.

It's your typical response to future related questions.

This is crap,

-- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping servers or service reductions planned for the moment

If they do plan on shutting down servers, they should release a sort of mod for LAN play. Or something.

They've got no plans to stop the service.. what are you complaining about?! Would you rather they said they did have plans to stop the service? :p

Back to the article, I don't understand why they would not identify their source - they left it as a generic 'atari france' when if it was reliable they should have said which spokesperson they are quoting.

I don't feel Atari *owe* us anything - we've had a great game that has far less bugs than a lot of other games and has provided us with tons more gameplay than a lot of other games too. But I wouldn't say no to more cars! Though I wouldn't be willing to pay much for the privaledge.

Guest RB26DETT
They've got no plans to stop the service.. what are you complaining about?! Would you rather they said they did have plans to stop the service? :p

Back to the article, I don't understand why they would not identify their source - they left it as a generic 'atari france' when if it was reliable they should have said which spokesperson they are quoting.

I don't feel Atari *owe* us anything - we've had a great game that has far less bugs than a lot of other games and has provided us with tons more gameplay than a lot of other games too. But I wouldn't say no to more cars! Though I wouldn't be willing to pay much for the privaledge.

I would. :p

Saw this t'other day, forgot to post it :o

Even so, that's all the supposed 'official' information has ever said. 'We are planning to do it, but we don't know when.'

Having said that, if it's only pending legal validation in the US it's in it's final steps before being released?

Hehe.

I've produced my own translation below - it doesn't really differ in any key way though:

As some of you know, I re-established contact with Atari or Infogrammes whichever you like (it doesn’t matter in the end)

So I asked Atari France about two points which we’re all concerned with a bit. They don't have the necessary information, it is at Atari Europe that the answers were to be found.

Here's what came out:

Can we expect a car pack on PC?

-- TDU megapack PC (incorporating most of the XBOX 360 car packs): still under way, but pending legal validation by the US brands.

What about servers? How long can we still drive on the sunny roads?

-- Servers PC / XBOX 360: no stopping of the servers or service reductions planned for the moment.

Caution, nothing is official yet, so anything that is said here is not contractual.

I will be informed of upcoming events. See you soon for the next news I hope!

Having said that, if it's only pending legal validation in the US it's in it's final steps before being released?

Not at all unfortunately. It could be that without legal validation they can't even start. Note it's not pending before release, it's just pending full stop. Infact it's 'but pending' which suggests it's getting in the way of the 'still under way' process.

Does anyone else think it might be a re-release of TDU+extra cars?

Guest RB26DETT
Does anyone else think it might be a re-release of TDU+extra cars?

like a repackaged version with the new cars included already? i hope not because that'll mean buying the game again like what some music artists do. i hope a booster pack or something a long the line would come out with the extra content.

Completely agree mate hence why I am saying not to believe too much into it as you may end up disappointed if it does turn out to not be true or never happen. However any news or rumours are better than nothing especially with this subject. ;)

For all the hassle they are having to go through to get it out (if they do) I think it would unfair to ask to have it for free. I understand where you guys are coming from in the fact that some of the PC community has had problems with the game but to ask for what is essentially an add-on that seems to be causing them a lot of grief to make reality, does it not seem fair that they should be reimbursed for it?

Also as has been shown via the poll, most people would pay the amount of a standard addon/expansion for the extra vehicles as it currently stands.

I don't get why people are complainging about "Atari not giving support etc." As they do clean up servers etc, and it is the first of it's kind (m.o.o.r.).

The 360'ers have had to pay for their cars, so why shouldn't we? People such as Diabl, who've bought all the cars, they've paid ... well I don't know exactly, but they must have rebought the game by now ...

Any 360'er, how much is a DLC exactly? :)