We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GTA IV: News (Warning Spoilers inside)

Nodz86

Well I guess you're to some extent an exception to the rule as I'm sure your parents know a reasonable amount about the game ... having heard lots of shouting at an xbox in the background!!!!!

Well it was only a little bit of shouting and we were both drunk and my dad is into games so he knows what they will be like.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As fast as they are going up on sites they are being pulled by MS or R*. That live webcom is down atm aswell.

Some private sites aren't taking the videos down and the webcam is only when that one person is willing to upload whilst playing the game

Oooooo! Can't wait!!!

Also, I got mine for £36.99! Free next day delivery - I don't know how they handle preorders... Bit of a bargain I say.

Well appearantly under no circumstances can a shop retailer/online retailer supply/sell the game before the 29th April ( Take 2 have made shops sign a contract :D!) so you will be lucky if you get it on Tuesday, Wednesday is looking more likely.

Hehe I Pre-Ordered mine last month from Play.com :p

WOW, I'm surprised you gonna get it, I have been on some forums and people have been saying that they preordered it in March and have a predicted date of May for delivery.

BTW guys I lost my GTA IV Virginity today well sought of, I touched a PS3 Copy :D, the GTA writing is black with a silver background and its elevated from the rest of the cover aswell :D.

Not long now, I'm gonna goto Game tommorow to see if they have messed up by putting GTA IV out tommorow has Friday's is game chart change day, So I am hoping lol :p.

Actually most retailers are sending there copies out on the Friday for guaranteed delivery for the release date.

I can't see how they can do that though, afterall Take 2 don't want people playing this game before Tuesday and I'm pretty sure the contracts the shops signed will involve financial penalties so is it really worth the financial burden if they send the game out earlier ?????

Well appearantly GAME are sending there first class deliveries out on Saturday afternoon and their next day deliveries out on Monday morning.

So in reality people who didn't pay for postage could get their game before the people who payed the extra :D LOOOOOSERS :p !!!!!!

I can't talk for ASDA online because thats totally different to the stores but what I do know is all ASDA stores are getting their 360 IV's on Saturday deliveries ready for Monday night.

Just looking on various other forums and one guy has said that once Amazon asked all the Royal Mail depots to hold an Harry Potter book until a day before release and they were taking up whole aisles and shelving but because of the release date they could do nothing but wait until the day of release to deliver it :). I see a similair situation with GTA IV :D !!!

I feel sorry for you guys who had to buy it off the net, you won't be playing it until Wednesday lol :p:D !!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the agreement ?????????

Nige your completely wrong, it can be sent at any time as the agreement signed stated that they should not receive it before release date, but can be sent out before release date. Therefore ones sent on Saturday and Monday are fine, that was in the agreement, and why do you feel sorry for us, because we found a cheaper retailer? Because we decided to pre-order online for delivery because we won't have time to go to the shop?

Oh and by the way you've come across as a bit of an idiot.

Nige your completely wrong, it can be sent at any time as the agreement signed stated that they should not receive it before release date, but can be sent out before release date. Therefore ones sent on Saturday and Monday are fine, that was in the agreement, and why do you feel sorry for us, because we found a cheaper retailer? Because we decided to pre-order online for delivery because we won't have time to go to the shop?

Oh and by the way you've come across as a bit of an idiot.

Well the view I am getting from other forums is that there is absolutely no chance the game will arrive before Tuesday !

Well there is chance the game will come after Tuesday and I know If I preordered a game it didn't come until after the release date I would be annoyed but that just my opinion, I don't pre order games off the net, or buy them off the net I always buy in person that way I know I can get the game on release day :).

Yeah you probably did find it cheaper but I get staff discount so that resolves that problem :D !!!!

EDIT: Appearantly Morrisons are selling it now :D, I'm going down to my local Morrisons (which is like 30 mins away so not that local lol :p.) right now !!!

EDIT 2: Nah Morrisons is a no go :cry:.

They might have put it out earlier but there were none on the shelf at all :cry:.

Nige all what you said about the game not being dispatched and that is crap I know for a fact that several online retailers have already dispatched the game.

You are right about financial penalties I can't remember who it was who was selling Halo early but they got stung, but they wont do it over 1 day, iirc people who ordered Halo online recieived a day or 2 early and nothing was done.

Nige all what you said about the game not being dispatched and that is crap I know for a fact that several online retailers have already dispatched the game.

You are right about financial penalties I can't remember who it was who was selling Halo early but they got stung, but they wont do it over 1 day, iirc people who ordered Halo online recieived a day or 2 early and nothing was done.

Not really the online retailers have 'dispatched' for all you know that could mean they are sitting in a warehouse in the packaging with the address on them waiting to be delivered to sorting depots but on the other hand that could mean the are on the way to the address as we speak.

At the end of the day I don't work for Royal Mail/GAME or any other of the parties involved so I can't say it for definite but thats what has been said on another forum.

It was Argos who sold Halo 3 early :).

Not really the online retailers have 'dispatched' for all you know that could mean they are sitting in a warehouse in the packaging with the address on them waiting to be delivered to sorting depots but on the other hand that could mean the are on the way to the address as we speak.

It was Argos who sold Halo 3 early :).

Thought it was Argos.

Nige when some are giving out trackers for the carriers (delivery people) they wont be in a warehouse. Well not the senders anyway, and most are being sent recorded which is normally next day.

Thought it was Argos.

Nige when some are giving out trackers for the carriers (delivery people) they wont be in a warehouse. Well not the senders anyway, and most are being sent recorded which is normally next day.

I read on another forum that this one guy had a special delivery tracking code and he typed it in on the website and it come up with a message explaining that the package wasn't in the Royal Mails hands so that tells me that they haven't been deliverd to Royal Mail yet which makes sense because I heard Saturday is the normal delivery day and Monday the special delivery day.

Once again I'm reading this from another forum, and I don't know how Royal Mail/all the parties are playing this so I'm just reading and posting what I have seen.

If people want a place to order GTA off, then go to www.shopto.com

I bought mine off there, and they sell it for £36.99, free next day delivery on everything (apparently they will ship on Monday)!

And if you are feeling particuarly nice, you can tell me, I can 'recommend' the game to you, and I get a free £1 from them (you can do the same if you recommend the game to people and they buy it)!

Well the view I am getting from other forums is that there is absolutely no chance the game will arrive before Tuesday !

Well there is chance the game will come after Tuesday and I know If I preordered a game it didn't come until after the release date I would be annoyed but that just my opinion, I don't pre order games off the net, or buy them off the net I always buy in person that way I know I can get the game on release day :).

Yeah you probably did find it cheaper but I get staff discount so that resolves that problem :D !!!!

EDIT: Appearantly Morrisons are selling it now :D, I'm going down to my local Morrisons (which is like 30 mins away so not that local lol :p.) right now !!!

EDIT 2: Nah Morrisons is a no go :cry:.

They might have put it out earlier but there were none on the shelf at all :cry:.

I get staff discount as well Nige :D, and i know of one major supplier that is shipping there's tomorrow. Which means a hell of a lot of people stand to receive the game on Monday.