We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best Internet Browser?

iBilo

I use Firefox (3, Beta 4) and it's pretty fast. I can't believe how slow IE is when I use it for emails and stuff. I downloaded Safari when the beta first came out, but never really got along with it, thought it was very slow, never minimized properly and IMO was fugly.

I think Firefox has to be the best, simply for the amount of addons and skins there are out for it (2, anyways. Not much about for the 3 betas, obv.).

IE sucks (for me), FireFox is pretty good but I prefer Opera out of all of them. I love the download manager that comes with it as it is the fastest I have ever seen and the easiest to use.

Opera also has a nicer interface than the other browsers I have used and it is easier to find things with ;)

(I currently have IE, Opera, FF and Safari.) Safari is not bad though. Has a nice interface.

On PC Firefox is king, on Mac then yeah Safari though I have heard Firefox is slowly gaining ground in that market.

I never knew you could get Safari for PC, oh goody another browser to test stuff in. Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!

[+] Wow I will admit that Safari for PC is lightning quick, even outshines Firefox in the tests I did. It's font rendering is slightly strange though.

as of me, a newbie, i just stick with I8 9 or 10, the latest free one on xp... its pretty quick, but isnt the reaction speed from your connection?
Nope, you've probably noticed this with this site in fact, when it loads all you see is the background for about a second or 2 which could actually make you leave, with every other browser the layout and content is loaded first then the images meaning you can see something interesting.

IE is a joke, it's only because it comes with Windows that it's popular but people are wiseing up.

Not really hotmail is programmed to work in virtually everything, it's just because by default it's set to your default browser, seriously mate check out Firefox, Opera or Safari and you'll see just how crap IE7 really is.

Firefox is set as my default browser, but opening Live Hotmail from Messenger still uses IE7, unfortunately.

Also, for those using FF3, Beta 5 has just come out :)