We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Saleen S7 ... Any Good? What do you think?

jbenekeorr

Hi all, I've owned a tuned Saleen S7 for some time now and ... well its very quick but its not exactly pretty in my opinion. PabloTeK who i cruise with a lot hates nearly every aspect of the car but i think its just a bit unfortunate looking ;)

So, what do you think about the:

• Looks?
  • Speed?
  • Acceleration?
  • Pricing?
  • Handling?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Looks: Suck

- Speed: Good

- Acceleration: Good

- Price: Overpriced rubbish

- Handling: Sucks, only good for drifting and going in a straight line, not able to take a normal turn with a decent speed.

- Looks: Suck

- Speed: Good

- Acceleration: Good

- Price: Overpriced rubbish

- Handling: Sucks, only good for drifting and going in a straight line, not able to take a normal turn with a decent speed.

Man after my own heart there! It really is ugly.

And it goes in a straight line very well ;)

But heh its american .. when did anything american take corners? (not that im sticking up for the S7:eek:)

Ford GT? I know it's got Lotus steering and all, but it's still american.

On to the S7:

• Looks: Good on some angles, but a bit too "extreme" for me, if you know what I mean? For example, the length..
  • Speed: What needs to be said here? It's going, it's going, and it's GONE!
  • Acceleration: Definitely one of THE fastest.. But on top speed, it can't match the swedes.
  • Pricing: Too much, for what you get..
  • Handling: Well.. Some say it goes in a straight line and that's it.. I disagree... No it doesn't corner, but it doesn't go in a straight line either! No in HC mode atleast.

• Looks - like a 'generic' sportscar (as in racing classification) ... boring
  • Speed - yes it's very quick in a straight line
  • Acceleration - yes it gets there very quickly
  • Pricing - Well race cars are supposed to be expensive I guess
  • Handling - I didn't realise it had any?

Oh mine is nail varnish pink by the way ... and yes I hate it ... a poor imitation of the McLaren F1

• 2 weeks later...
i like the s7 :)

it's a bit gaga in tdu - i guess the programmers love it or something.

everyone has one though surely?

I had one and people used to call me a noob because i could drive it and not crash and i don't race in this game so i don't know what there problem was. I sold it so I could buy some DLC cars.

• Looks? Pretty damn ugly, but it looks Ok from the back, and that's the only bit I see, so I'd say about 5/10.
  • Speed? is great. Damn sorry, got lost in my ego for a second ;)
  • Acceleration? Best acceleration in the game imho so 10/10.
  • Pricing? Money is so easy to obtain in TDU, but maybe overly priced compared to other A classes, so 7/10.
  • Handling? Hate it, 1/10.

Looks - It looks damn fugly -1/10

Speed - It is rather fast 8/10

Acceleration - You wont come out with your face in the correct place 10/10

Pricing - Its a game, it doesn't matter

Handling - Some people hate it, I don't, It's a challenge so I like it 7/10

Guys Call Me SaLLeeN....

The best looking angel out of Gods lap, the classified space craft on land surface, the speed limit set by environmental limits only, a masterpiece of electronic craftmanship, the limit of progress in automotion.

It would only be attempted to be matched by a kings-Egg, and then surpassed by allowance of a few (17) Km/h

Nothing will go faster on land in straights and bends and ups and down.

When you get it You get drivin trained like test pilot efficiency and responsiveness.

It demmands a different attitude driving, you are face to face with force - source. You can't drive it red handed or hot headed.

You need ICE-Man heart beats to keep your cool at 356 km/h for ever goin on, to keep goin' till time runs out, burned only by desire to reach point X, not safely for you alone, but for all in existence....

You drive a Salleen If you Want o Hear the Sound of God breathing down your Neck, as you try to hold the beast on check.

Full constant high Entropy is no real Kids Stuff....

Have a beer (after) drivin it and layback is sweet remembance of the sound of air Succked into Pure Power By electronic Will On Machine.

Salleen Is the Angel of Automotion.

Man's Perfect people's Car... manufactured by American Workin Lovers of Life and Speed, to be matched only by a prince's childhood Dream!!!!!!!!