We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 : Bahrain

CarMadMike

Qualifying is over, here are the times :

Times

01 R. Kubica BMW 1:33.096

02 F. Massa Ferrari 1:33.123

03 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:33.292

04 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:33.418

H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:33.488

06 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:33.737

07 J. Trulli Toyota 1:33.994

08 N. Rosberg Williams 1:34.015

09 J. Button Honda 1:35.057

10 F. Alonso Renault 1:35.115

11 M. Webber Red Bull 1:32.371

12 R. Barrichello Honda 1:32.508

13 T. Glock Toyota 1:32.528

14 N. Piquet jr. Renault 1:32.790

15 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:32.915

16 K. Nakajima Williams 1:32.943

17 D. Coulthard Red Bull 1:33.433

18 G. Fisichella Force India F1 1:33.501

19 S. Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:33.501

20 A. Sutil Force India F1 1:33.845

21 A. Davidson Super Aguri 1:34.140

22 T. Sato Super Aguri 1:35.725

I think Kubica was alot lighter on fuel.

I bet poor nige is gutted, his favourite person didn't even get onto the podium lol
Podium? :D Has the race already finished or do you have some magical foresight which has let you see the results for tomorrow's race? If so please don't say, I wanna watch it not knowing ;):cool:

Podium? :D Has the race already finished or do you have some magical foresight which has let you see the results for tomorrow's race? If so please don't say, I wanna watch it not knowing ;):cool:

I know the race is tomorrow, i meant that Kimi didn't qualify in the top 3 as in the qualifying podium.

The tabloids have been waiting for the pole/pole comment for ages :p

Still top job though - last couple of races where they were fast qualifying they weren't especially light on fuel either, so I don't think they'll have that much of a penalty. However it's hard to see Massa not winning as the speed in the car is incredible. Unless he spins off again which is quite possible :p

I bet poor nige is gutted, his favourite person didn't even get onto the podium lol

Actually no I am not, Kubica (second favourite driver on the grid !) is on Pole why should I complain ?????

I just hope Kimi can finish on the podium and 'wonder kid' doesn't :D !!!!!!!!!

Overall I enjoyed the qualifying I also bet somebody at work Kubica would be on pole so I'm happy all I need now is for 'wonder kid' to not finish the race & a Kimi or Kubica win :D.

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!

We should have an award, The most pointless post of the week, Randy, I think youd win it quite easily.

And then theres the nom nom nom nom nom one out of some other thread

There are a few more eligable entries from others about.

On topic nearly time for the race

Congrats to Massa on a flawless win ...

But congrats most of all to BMW Sauber, a few commentators thought they were running light in quali ... obviously not too light

As to the 'Wonder Kid' as nige so eloquently puts it ... well looks like he cocked up the start big time ... as to the incident with Alonso ... I know the team have said they won't ask the Stewards for an inquiry as there is nothing to gain in terms of points and Spain is the next race and McLaren/Lewis having a go at Alonso would go down like a lead balloon ... but as Blundell said at the end of the programme I think it should be investigated (it's very simple to do as the telemetry from the car will tell you what Alonso was doing coming out of the bend compared to other laps) as if he did deliberately lift or lift/brake for no aparent reason that is dangerous and could be classed as unsporting behaviour.

Lets just hope above anything else that this season continues to be interesting for all the right reasons ... at the moment we have 3 teams on the ball and 6 drivers that all have the skill and at this point in time the car to win the championship

... but as Blundell said at the end of the programme I think it should be investigated (it's very simple to do as the telemetry from the car will tell you what Alonso was doing coming out of the bend compared to other laps) as if he did deliberately lift or lift/brake for no aparent reason that is dangerous and could be classed as unsporting behaviour.

I agree http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66448

Autosport.com has seen the telemetry data of Alonso's exit from the first corner, and it shows that the Spaniard was flat on the throttle from the exit, did not touch the brake and gained speed in a totally predictable manner.

Symonds, who is Renault's executive director of engineering, said that Alonso had done nothing to contribute to the accident.

"Fernando was coming out of the turn and accelerating down the straight," explained Symonds. "He reached fifth gear, at 227km/h, on full throttle, no touching of the brakes or anything like that. And you can see on the accelerometer the impact. He got hit from behind.