We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

seatbelts you can fix for your self if you have a full version of zmod. I have done it as I changed the front seat of my Audi CS6....
Sure, but I think there are other means to easily fix them.

You changed the Chevy name to Benz?
Wrong. Chevy brand still exists; have a look at the logo :)

If it was just renaming, the car would still have Chevy logo, right ? :)

(I replaced SSR by this awesome G500)

Oh yeah, its awesome, now I really need to learn how to rename in versions 1.7/1.8

But I replaced SSR by G500, wheels go over the arches, how come you don't have that bug?

But I replaced SSR by G500, wheels go over the arches, how come you don't have that bug?
I didn't do anything special about it. Yet I haven't tested with G500 but G500 Offroad.

renaming for the RS4 doesn´t work. Quattro you can change, RS4 not.
Yes. For some cars, data is bugged. If you change RS4 model name, the game will search for 3D model in <new name>.BNK file. It's so annoying, thus I decided to disable RS4 model name.

That can be fixed with a database update...

yeah, we neeed a database update. maybe we can open the wheels shop to buy custom wheels ingame and not change everytime files native.

edit:

Djey, did you have seen anything thats looks like "tire type control"? In the common.bnk we have an 3D tire part that include different types of tires. From ballon tire to low-profile tire.

Djey, did you have seen anything thats looks like "tire type control"? In the common.bnk we have an 3D tire part that include different types of tires. From ballon tire to low-profile tire.
I will have a look at it with 2CVSUPERGT, but I don't remember having seen such tire types in the database.

Rules are very strict concerning adding vehicles... first trials failed.

Moreover I got a corrupted profile by having new vehicles in my garage (guy was short-haired, with stats @ -1633747747474 etc). Fixed it with a profile backup :)

So it needs more time to fully understand the mechanism.

If the Camera Swap works good, does the dummy position, seatbelt, bugfixes still work?

and do you plan something like a ride height swap/wheel size swap?

Thanks to 2CVSUPERGT another kind of swap is possible, solving:

- seatbelt anchor points

- driver seat position (as you can notice seats are moving automatically as soon as driver enters into it). Now driver will always have his hands on the wheels (and not a few centimeters away)

- and more, certainly.

This swap appears to be safe online (like camera swap), and will be available in next Modding Tools.

Concerning ride height, we're not sure it's in database...

Finally, wheel size is all about rim dimensions. They can be modified, but we need more tests to ensure the process is safe.

this is the first mod i downloaded succesfully and i think its brilliant-thanks for all the hard work!!

Thx for feedback. If something goes wrong with it, don't hesitate to post also :)

Thanks to 2CVSUPERGT another kind of swap is possible, solving:

- seatbelt anchor points

- driver seat position (as you can notice seats are moving automatically as soon as driver enters into it). Now driver will always have his hands on the wheels (and not a few centimeters away)

- and more, certainly.

This swap appears to be safe online (like camera swap), and will be available in next Modding Tools.

Concerning ride height, we're not sure it's in database...

From what i know of interiors is its also dummy's and the player position sits where the 2 dummys are. Same with the hands etc, if you push the driver dummy's to far back in zmodeler his arms will not touch the wheel or they will stretch out, if you move the driver more forward it will work. So thats how i do my interiors aswell short reaching for the gear stick is also caused by if the driver is sitting to far back with dummy's. Seat belts are also a dummy which i haven't really experimented with but if you move the driver belt dummy closest to the passenger seat the seat belt will go more the right (if looking behind the car) etc. Thats how i get my interior's to work with the driver.

Ride height is also a dummy, if you move the d_car (dummy) down in zmodeler the car will lower itself as this is dragging the whole car components.

I've already worked on ZM2 so I know what I'm talking about.

Seatbelt bugs when swapping with Pontiac GTO have been fixed by new swap (IK-Swap). Same thing appeared with current 2CVSUPERGT's conversion, when he tried to put the car over an other slot (Alfa GT to Lexus SC430) : seatbelts where hung in the air like antennas, driver had his hands beneath the wheel.

If you fix the dummies for a particular vehicle, that does not ensure positions will be OK for any other. Everyone knows that now. In fact, in addition of dummies, TDU uses an offset system to align some objects... and this is vehicle-related.

You should be happy, thus you won't have any more complains when people will body swap your conversions :)

---

Edit: Little names update attached (TduNames_r18-2.zip) with Chevrolet SSR support.

This is the 'basical' renaming method, still.

Hi,

as I'm frequently asked on what the next Modding Tools will be about etc., here is a quick&dirty preview of past, present and future features.

Of course, some of this info is not guaranteed in any kind, and depends hugely from modders' needs - and my spare time.

Here we go :

Version 1.10

Release date : july,16th - Celebrating 2 years of TDU Patch 1.66A

• New wizard : vehicle manager
    - many bug fixes in DB and BNK management
    - mod installer
    - manufacturer, model, version switcher
    - dealer and V-RENT handler
    - tuner management : ability to change tuning brand and location
    - wheel drive changing (FWD / AWD / RWD)
  • File Browser can be set to use a particular folder when replacing files (new setting)
  • Progress bar while running patch
  • New patch instructions and variables
  • TDU Mod And Play! redistributable now complies with new modding rules. More news soon with 2CVSUPERGT

Version 1.11

Because of yellow facts, without having got agreement from staff here, this version is not uploaded/linked to TDU:C.

Release date : september

• Vehicle manager follow-ups
  • Data
    - all available cameras and IK sets added (some are not guaranteed to work, though)
  • Vehicle manager follow-ups
    - datasheet facts
    - gearbox type changing > ok, only changes driver animation and switching sound. Semi-auto setting is for fun only and will be removed in later version if no change is noticed.
    - engine location setting > ok, only changes engine sound source
    - ride height setting (front/rear) > may change maximum speed and cornering. So there will be value restrictions.
    - suspension height and rate (front/rear) > testing finished. Looks like to have same impact as ride height.
    - supercharger type > ok, only enables/disables turbo effect
    - (max RPM tweaking) > ok, does not change performance - mainly lowers car performance if wrong setting :)
    - (gearbox ratio / gear count tweaks) > Car behaviour changed but global performance is still the same (maximum speed cannot be changed)
    - enhancing existing features
    - ability to also change Camera and IK
  • Names and CarColor Editors are now obsolete and will be removed (use Vehicle Manager instead)
  • See change log : http://tdumodshop.forumactif.net/tools-f13/tdu-modding-tools-modder-edition-t55-60.htm#2068

[...]

Version 1.14

Release date : 4th April, 2010

Version 1.15

• Bug fixes
  • Vehicle Manager :
    - new ops in exterior color management (change order / rename / copy-paste)
    - additional (safe) physics parameters (settings not defined yet) > reported to 1.16.
    - Advanced camera settings : ability to change cockpit cam positions.
  • Patch Editor improvements
    - generate it, test it
    - customize your mod picture
    - customize installer name
  • New database tool
    - ability to display database contents
    - automatic data export to make patching easier > reported to 1.16.
    - integrity check feature
    - repair feature
  • Stunning new feature :drool:
    - TrackPack module
    - Hint: if you don't know how to use TDU's track editor, I advise you to train now :D

Version: 1.16

Release date : 02-06-2011

See changelog @ Test Drive Unlimited: Central - View Single Post - Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16] + Extras

--- now entering maintenance mode (no more added features) ---

Version: 1.16.1

Release date : 10-15-2011

Fixes to DDS<>2DB converter.

See changelog @ TDU Modding Tools : n00b edition ! (1.16.1) - Page 11

Current version: 1.16.2

Release date : 07-29-2013

Fixes bug when regional settings (e.g Turkey) would prevent database from being read correctly. Finally!

Upcoming version: 1.16.3

Release date : WIP

- [General] Remove non-useful log messages 'WARNING Attribute .... was not found "

- [General] Fix error reading settings.xml

- [ModdingLib] Fixes a bug in reading TDU database resources

- [Database editor] Re-enables database check for current topics : Achievements, Menus, Tutorials

- [Vehicle Manager Enables all drive-able vehicle slots.

Excuse me for this question, But I belive you're the god of making tools. Is it Possible to make a tool so the people can tune the car after what ever they like. For example:

The Skyline R34, whats the full upgrade kit 400bhp ? maby more cant remember right now. But instead tune it up to about 600bhp. Is that possible??

Since I dont understand everything of what you tools does id rather ask you!

Sorry for offtopic!!

About a 4th tuning kit, I think it's not possible as:

- only 3 kits are present in this game

- with 600bhp, the servers will disconnect you very likely

- personally I don't want to be responsible for any 600bhp skyline, nor 1000bhp honda civic in this game :p

Again, please read Modding Tools user guide. I'm not writing it for my pleasure, but for you !

Anyway you may always ask questions about particular topics here.