We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

GT5 Put Back - Summer 09

CarMadMike

Leading video game retailer confirms long wait for the highly anticipated PS3 racing simulation.

In an email sent to customers, GAME, a leading retailer of video games, has confirmed Gran Turismo 5 won't be released this year, with European PlayStation 3 gamers having to wait until 2009.

"The legendary "Real Driving Simulator" Gran Turismo 5 is heading to PlayStation 3 in 2009, utilising the uber-console's raw horsepower to generate an unrivalled level of realism," states the GAME email.

The email does, however, promote the March 28 release of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which will be priced only £19.99. This early teaser will feature five tracks and 40 cars, plus 16-player online racing.

Gran Turismo 5 currently has a tentative 2008 release date in both Japan and North America.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/23-02-2008-7598.html

NOOOO, what to, all people that were going to buy the ps3 and get gt5 at the same time will have to wait another year!

And I thought this game would make me want to play on ps3, Time to put it back away for a year!

EDIT: This is quite old news, posted on that site last month!

EDIT2: You all probably know this. (I fail again! :D)

Atleasts it gives them enough time to fix the sounds from the cars, you don't hear them when they drive past on a replay, and the tire noise is so annoying! :p

And it gives them time to do something about the understeer. :)

Wasn't going to get it anyway, by the time Forza 3 is out aswell, so GT5 is going to be powned.

Well at least it's not 2010. In January Polyphony Digital said it could be 2009, but a more realistic date would be Q2/Q3 2010. I'm happy they are delaying it though, what would you rather have: The game out later this year with no cockpit view, or the game out in 2009/2010 with cockpit view for around 1000 cars?

And can you really expect Forza 3 to compare to this? :D

Hopefully they'll sort out the physics for 3. The physics were quite good in 1, terrible in 2 though imo.

EDIT:

Atleasts it gives them enough time to fix the sounds from the cars, you don't hear them when they drive past on a replay, and the tire noise is so annoying! :p

And it gives them time to do something about the understeer. :)

Wasn't going to get it anyway, by the time Forza 3 is out aswell, so GT5 is going to be powned.

Can you HONESTLY tell me that you had understeer problems with Prologue? Unless you drove with TCS and SM without Professional mode.

Gran Turismo is never on time. The PSP version was supposed to be out from day one and i don't think they ever got round to releasing that? (might be wrong)

Thing with Polyphony tho. When it finally arrives, it will be the closest thing to perfect you can ever imagine!

Gran Turismo is never on time. The PSP version was supposed to be out from day one and i don't think they ever got round to releasing that? (might be wrong)

Thing with Polyphony tho. When it finally arrives, it will be the closest thing to perfect you can ever imagine!

They stopped production on it. Who knows if they're continue with it someday.

And can you really expect Forza 3 to compare to this? :D

Hopefully they'll sort out the physics for 3. The physics were quite good in 1, terrible in 2 though imo.quote]

Im sorry, but that is the Funniest thing Ive heard in a LONG time, The GT Series is Renouned for having terrible Physics.

Yes Forza 1 was great, But Forza 2 has it licked when it come Driving Physics and I Think GT5 will also fall short of Forza 2 Physics