We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ferrari GT Website

Well an event well worth writing about is happening soon.

Ferrari is to launch a NEW car at the Paris Motor Show.

This hasn't really happened for a while as most of the recent cars have been 'developments' of previous vehicles

Below is a link to their 'teaser' site, with some lovel sounds (when does a Ferrari not sound lovely?) and a few teaser shots of grille and high level brake light ... this is for the rumoured Dino/GT California/F149 ... looks like GT is going to figure somewhere in the name

http://www.ferrarigtcountdown.com/webapp/hear.htm

just do a search on F149 there's tonnes of spy shots ... but most of them are hacked Ferraris ... no one is quite sure what it is ... apart from a 'small' GT most probably with a version of the Masser 4.2 V8 which actually was originally a Ferrari lump ... the engine is supposed to be front mounted, and all the protos have been front engined cars ... oh and it's rumoured to be a CC (coupe, convertible ... otherwise known as foldy metal roof) ... there's also supposed to be a CC Masser at some point ... was originally rumoured to be the Gran Turismo but it might be a smaller car as the new GT is bigger than the outgoing Masser

oh and here's some pics of a mule (test vehicle) care of autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/06/spy-shots-ferrari-f149-spotted-sans-butt-camo/

Obviously they couldn't wait to show off their baby

Well the countdown is still ticking but they've decided to release some shots of the WHOLE car and some specs already ...

May I present the Ferrari California (possibly GT involved in there somewhere too)

It's all Ally(minium) ... has a foldy metal roof (a ferrari first) ... 460hp 4.3ltr V8 7speed with dual clutch (another ferrari first) ... 0-60 sub 4secs ... and about 310 thingymagigs per foreign miles of nasty gas

Doesn't say how much it is ... BUT I WANT ONE!

Love the front end ... especially the old GT California style intake on the bonnet (pic of a 58 attached to show where they've got some of the styling cues from ... bonnet vent, wing vent, rear haunch (although see note below))

Oh anyone thing the rear haunch/back end has a touch of TVR about it?

Nah, i think the Toyota MR2 took care of the Boxster :D. It's probably going up against the AMV8 and maybe the Gallardo Spyder? I don't know, maybe it's not going up against anything :P.

EDIT:

I'm not too keen on it tbh ... the front reminds me of my teachers MR-12

MR-12? One of these: gear_reg-mr12rebel.jpg? Or some of these: motegiracing_mr12_large.jpg?

:D Nugget?

Don't you think it looks like the alfa 8c?

Come to think of it, yeah, it does look a bit like one.

Well by the names it's been given it's a small GT ...

so it fits as a baby brother/sister to the 612 really

So this gives the product line-up as

• GT California - Small GT cruiser - 80k-130k (I'm guessing more expensive than a Masser Gran Turismo but less than a F430?)
  • F430 (in all it's guises) - sports/track car - 130k
  • 599 GTB - high performance GT (flagship) - 180k
  • 612 - big GT cruiser & 4 seater- 180k
  • Supercar - whenever the next one turns up as in 288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo

Prices might be wrong as they're off a random website

Yeah there is a hint of 8C there too ... surprising that really ... I wonder what they all have in common <scratches head>

Drift - IT'S SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE A BABY FERRARI COS THAT'S WHAT IT IS

Iced - NUGGET ?????

That is stunning, a baby Ferrari with a CC so you don't have all the bother of a soft top. It does look stunning and the back and is my fav part, shame I ain't got the money.

Thinking of it as its a CC there'll be hardly any boot space (who cares) but as its a 2 seater (or does it have a bench for shopping) then wouldn't it be technically termed a "birds motor" or as hairdressers couldn't afford it a "WAGS" car??