We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Thanks to Take2....

Eudemon

... 7diab is no more. :oook:

Two years down the drain and many viewers and videos lost due to their pettiness. Did any of the other publishers or developers go this route? Nope, was I one of the small few who actually put the copyright etc in the description for the GTA IV vids? Yep.

So it was fun and tbh I don't know if I can be bothered going through it all again.

:stinks:

Ironic huh? For a company that shows much humour in it's games, they don't have much of a sense of humour.

02/07/2006 - 12/05/2008

7diabnomore.jpg

7diabnomore2.jpg

Guest RB26DETT

what's wrong with having GTA IV vids on your YouTube channel?

sorry if this sounds nuggetish but i don't understand why.

Can you not ask YouTube to get he other videos back? It might be worth a well written email to YouTube support, to reimberse your account with the videos (except TDU).

Tbh, I don't get why you're not allowed to have videos on there, it would seem to get more people to buy the game ... after all the official trailers don't show anything!

I have had about 15 videos removed off my account over they years :p Mainly because I have some TFTF clips on there, only 4 minutes snippets, but my account is still there ... :S ... and your account is more than mine (look at the viewing rates)!

E: Just thought, all of us with YouTube accounts could write to them aswell, after the effort you've put into this site and your videos, you need some help back. I think it would only be worth it, if quite a few of us. After all, the customer is always right :p

R.I.P. You had so many videos on there as well, that's stupid, i've had tonnes of videos removed due to copyright infringement as well but not had my actual account disabled. They're stupid. Like Iced said, GTAIV youtube vids show more than the stupid adverts, and most of the video reviews for GTAIV are what got me to buy it when i did.

Guest RB26DETT

yeah. but the reason they sent me that email is because of the music i used. pure BS! there are tons of video game clips with music in them out there!

RB tbh you have had a good thing, UMG recognised and respect you using their music in the video, they just want to stake a claim to it as there's which is their right, the advertising they are talking about could simply be a "Buy this track" which results in monies to that company. Always make sure to put the appropriate copyrights in your video and/or description, this usually keeps them off your back.

Iced: It is definitely the GTA IV vids, I had a notice for firstly Uncle Vlad which I actually asked people to Flag and explicitly warned of "Graphic Violence", then they removed "Final Interview...", the one with the lawyer and then finally for some strange reason they removed "Five Star Pursuit", where after a failed attempt at the Bank Job I grab an ambulance and escape a 5* wanted level, that one has me perplexed why they would want that one removed. I can understand the others seeing as they're missions but that one just seemed weird to me.

that is.... *grr swear filter* but yea, all the TDU videos you had up there as well. :(

Mine got shut ages ago, I posted music videos and expected it to tbh, funny though one of my videos made it onto the actual artists MySpace page (Mobb Deep) then their label Universal records (i think) shut me down. Meh, at least it wasn't all my own hard work.

It's very disappointing tbh. It's not like you published videos prior to release. They need to get about fixing the problems with GTA IV instead of sitting there trawling YouTube.

Very sad Diablo. Iced told me about this and tbh i'm angry. At the fact they can just shut down your account with all those good videos such as the TDU ones etc... Just because of some lousy GTA IV vids which they don't want they can shut down a great account. It is outrageous, really. I hope you get something back though as that was a lot of hard work which is now metaphorically down the toilet :(

Guest RB26DETT

yeah. diablo's vids were the reason i signed up here. they were perfect for advertising tdu-central and the game itself. :( it was after watching his koenigsegg vid that made me want the game and made me sign up here. ;)

P.S. who's UMG? lol.

Diablo, did the email make specific reference to the GTA videos? It could be you advertising this god send ... ?!

Also, same applies to RB, did you advertise TDUC in that vid?

Funny thing mate, there was no email. I got the email informing about the copyright claim by Take2 on "5 Star Pursuit" but no email regarding the closure, removal or suspension of the account itself.

Thats a bit harsh for them to do this, there should be some sort of warning or a seven day wonder. Do you think take 2 might have forgot to tell youtube stop pulling vids as the game is now out but it wasn't a while back when people where posting them before the game was out??

Does diabled mean deleted or just disabled?? as there might be a way to get it back.

From what I can see it's gone, swept away, put in a blender, the vids and that are probably still on youtube's backend but there will be a database entry saying 'don't show this users vids'. It's absolutely ridiculous how they went about this though, simply saying;

"Please remove any and all Grand Theft Auto IV videos or related media from your account and refrain from posting any more in the future. Failure to comply may result in your account being expunged." (got to speak like a lawyer right?)

Nodz, try looking at any of my vids and you'll find nothing will show, it's not only for GTA IV videos, they have effectively nuked my account and videos. About 80 total, 9 were GTA IV and only were available for between 3-14 days. Great huh ?

I updated the first post with the last email I received regarding this. I especially love this part:

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.
So I should remove every video of every game I have? Atari, Turn 10, Namco Bandai haven't bothered me about these, why does Take 2 and why in such a manner like this?