We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bye Bye Xbox........

Nodz86

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha nige you couldn't have the RRoD then mate, any fix only prolongs the inevitable for so long, the console will die within 3 weeks of any makeshift fix including the towel trick as the RRoD is due to a solvent melting and thus the connection it is making becoming broken meaning the Graphics card can not be used.

Unplugging it and then back in is more than likely a powersupply loose cable or something. Microsoft have sold 18 million 360's and they have at least a 30% failure rate in RRoD alone. you know how many that is?

Remember baldy, tilt to side to side and if you hear a small part moving and clicking then you have indeed the amazingly frequent RRoD. :twisted:

Haha nige you couldn't have the RRoD then mate, any fix only prolongs the inevitable for so long, the console will die within 3 weeks of any makeshift fix including the towel trick as the RRoD is due to a solvent melting and thus the connection it is making becoming broken meaning the Graphics card can not be used.

Unplugging it and then back in is more than likely a powersupply loose cable or something. Microsoft have sold 18 million 360's and they have at least a 30% failure rate in RRoD alone. you know how many that is?

Remember baldy, tilt to side to side and if you hear a small part moving and clicking then you have indeed the amazingly frequent RRoD. :twisted:

Well maybe not but I did have the 3 red lights and ever since then its been ok (touches wood !) :).

there is a small rattling noise, and i know from my time in retail that it's a dead one. As you say there's the click, and the slower loading time for the rings to appear.

Thats exactly what mine does, which reminds me I must find a box and get on the fone and sort it out.

you should do it online nodz, it's much quicker, i've already got my label i just need to get the box and send it off.

I'm going to as the last time I fones M$ about something I got the Indian call centre and no one knew what I was on about.

I'm gonna find a box and do it. out of curiosity when did you register it and how long till the come and collect it?

no you ask for it to be collected, and they will tell you the day they are coming. I have 10 day's in which to do it.

Ah k, well I better register mine then tomorrow I'll ask for them to come and collect so they should turn up by the end of the week. I can't have them collecting on Mondays as no one is here.

You need the label first, once you have that stick it on your box, contact ups, and if it's anything like my mate they will collect it the next day :D

cool, well i'll register it today and get the labels today/tomorrow then request collection tomorrow so they should be here tues/weds.

Mines was collected the same day!! I got the label the night before phoned in the morning around 9AM and the girl on the phone asked if anyone would be in about 12PM and I was like "what today?" and she's like "yeah". I was very impressed and had a turnaround in 9 working days!

I too was impressed with the efficiency of M$. Mine took about 16 days, but thats because UPS missed my pick up then I got caught by two bank holidays. From the time M$ received it to the time they dispatched it fixed was 4 days. So potentially you could get it back in 9 days like lucky ol' diab did.

I really do hope I don't get a permanent RROD then because I can't be arsed with waiting for UPS/Microsoft.

2 weeks without my 360 ?????

Thats torture, I can live without my 360 for a couple of days but 2 weeks hell no :p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just buy a new one thats what I would do :D !!!!!

It's only two weeks nige, if you can't live without it then there's something wrong.

Yeah, there must be a problem if he cant last a couple of weeks without an xbox, infact I think it might be good for me if mine broke, it would let me pay more attention to other people

Yeah, there must be a problem if he cant last a couple of weeks without an xbox, infact I think it might be good for me if mine broke, it would let me pay more attention to other people

that's what i plan on doing, some time in front of the tv will be good.