We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can you test this for us?

Eudemon

Guest RB26DETT
First one--I see a sign that saying any more clicks on this link will result in you cookies given away to randy.

just kidding :P

omgroflmao! that would be awesome! :rofl::crackup:

I know the faking of the headers, in fact I use it to test my scripts and such but for 70% this will work fine. If it became a problem I would use FTP, sessions and a database to control who can and cannot download but I doubt it would have to come to that.

Guest It's Han!

The first one leads to an anti-leaching site, and the second to a testing testing 1,2,3, screen, now if i can manage to do that i'm surprised some of the members on here can't.

I know the faking of the headers, in fact I use it to test my scripts and such but for 70% this will work fine. If it became a problem I would use FTP, sessions and a database to control who can and cannot download but I doubt it would have to come to that.

The last thing I want to do is over contribute my thoughts and cause annoyance, but what I meant was vBulletin will have a small piece of code (or a function) which is run each time someone loads a page on the forum to see if that user is logged in (validating their tdu-central.com session cookie). If you called the same piece of code/function from your dl page it would verify the user is a forum user and is logged in (as vBulletin does), meaning you would not have to setup your own sessions and database and all that but utilize what the forum is already doing, resulting in perhaps more optimal access control for the dl page(s). Apologies if you already knew thats what I was getting at.

daizoid I always appreciate feedback so sorry if my tone came across as something more than intended. Also I've played with the vB cookie data and know I could do that but as I said I don't want to force people to sign up here just to download those files.

I want them to access them from here rather than have them linked and leeched from everywhere else. :)

• 2 weeks later...