We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Back from RRoD

t.

So I'm back. That's not the reason really though for this thread. I just thought I'd tell you what I got back from M$ so anyone else with RRoD can know what to expect.

Contrary to what I expected the Xbox that was sent back to me was my own. It wasn't a refurb, I checked the serial numbers. Although I had to set up live again, which took all of 2 seconds there was no need to re-download any content. The package also came with a 1 month LIVE Gold card.

The report sheet says my 360 suffered a motherboard failure, not disc drive as I thought. I've got my repaired console up and running and its like new. It's so quiet compared to how it was prior to RRoD. I don't know if they changed more than just the motherboard but the fan noise and noise from the disc drive are massively reduced now.

Hope the rest of you with RRoD get your own consoles back too.

I want to break mine just so I can get the noise sorted

My 360 sounds like a beoing 747 taking off

Your not alone there, Whats more worrying is that mine stays on when i turn it off, still making the noise as if its a 747, doesnt do it unless i have something plugged into it, which is another stupid common fault

I want to break mine just so I can get the noise sorted

My 360 sounds like a beoing 747 taking off

Mine used to be just like that but since its German holiday its been much more polite.

How long did it take you to get yours back? Because my mate sent his off last August and hasn't got it back yet. Everytime he phones M$ they say they'll look in to it and he never hears from them again :S.

EDIT: That's weird. Looks like M$ are really pulling up their socks these days.

Good to hear you got your 360 back then dude :D !!!!!!!!!!

Talking of the noise, my 360 sounds like a friggin Boeing 737 aswell :o !!!

Its actually quite irritating :mad: ........................