We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nodz86

Well i went for it yesterday and decided to get my new TV. Its a Samsung Series 6 32" (LE32A656). Its only been out for about 2 weeks, found it on the net for £650 + £40 delivery (net price) so I went to that distributers store but the had it up for the normal £1099 price tag, so I got chatting to the salesman and got it down to £700, bargain. But then had another probelm getting it into Shar's TF which didn't happen so had to call her dad out in the van. got it home in the end tho.

So heres a pic and a few tech specs:

LE52A656.bmp

Its got:

Full HD 1920x1080p

100Hz

Analogue/Digital Freeview

Colour: crystal design (Rose Black)

Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 15,000:1

DNIe Pro

Input & Output (side) - 1 X S-Video / 1 X HDMI / 1 X Composite / 1 X Headphone

Input & Output (rear) - 1 X RF Input / 1 X Component / 2 X Scart / 3 X HDMI / 1 X PC Input (D-sub) / 1 X Audio Out / 1 X Optical Sound Out

The on off button and volume/chanel controls on the front bottom right hand corner are touch sensitive.

Its got loads of stuff in the set up menu's so it's gonna take me a while to get it set up perfectly, that'll give me something to do, just got to send the 360 off now so I can have some big screen gaming.

I've had a Samsung LCD for over 2 years and I love it, never going to buy anything but Samsung from now on, they were the ones along with LG who made LCD technology more reliable and brought the costs right down. I also am currently paying £4 a month to protect it and I will get New for Old should anything happen to it next year! :D

Very nice TV there Nodz, the Samsungs just go from strength to strength!

I've had a Samsung LCD for over 2 years and I love it, never going to buy anything but Samsung from now on, they were the ones along with LG who made LCD technology more reliable and brought the costs right down. I also am currently paying £4 a month to protect it and I will get New for Old should anything happen to it next year! :D

Very nice TV there Nodz, the Samsungs just go from strength to strength!

All very true but do you find its very difficult to keep clean. That and the buttons are a pain in the arse. Very good TV though.

Thanks all.

All very true but do you find its very difficult to keep clean. That and the buttons are a pain in the arse. Very good TV though.

It is all I been doing is dusting it, the shiny plastic its made from just attracts the dust and when you dust it you touch the touch sensitive buttons and end up turning it up changing the chanel then finally turning it off.

but I can live with that.

Thanks all.

It is all I been doing is dusting it, the shiny plastic its made from just attracts the dust and when you dust it you touch the touch sensitive buttons and end up turning it up changing the chanel then finally turning it off.

but I can live with that.

My screen has got big finger marks from when my mum decides to mess about with it, must start locking my door

Dusting can be a pain and you will feel the room it's in heat-up as they do generate a fair bit of heat but in the end just use anti-static wipes plus screen wipes to keep the screen clean and you're sorted.

Pair that with a xbox 360 and a high powered amp and you have a mini sauna

I got a free wipe with it and i can only clean it with that and water not polish, thats what the instructions say anyway.
Yep that's right, that's your anti-static wipe plus for best results wipe the screen in a circular motion, don't know why but this is what all the reps told me, something to do with avoiding stuck and dead pixels. :oook:

BTW if you have a PSP I find using the small cloth you got with that brilliant for the surrounding.

Make sure you put Auto-Volume on, god I love that option! Classy little turn on turn off tune also.

Yep that's right, that's your anti-static wipe plus for best results wipe the screen in a circular motion, don't know why but this is what all the reps told me, something to do with avoiding stuck and dead pixels. :oook:

BTW if you have a PSP I find using the small cloth you got with that brilliant for the surrounding.

Make sure you put Auto-Volume on, god I love that option! Classy little turn on turn off tune also.

My PSP wipe is long gone so I went and bought a load of Glasses wipes from optical express as they are the same thing. £1.50 for 2 wipes which is the cheapest out of all the optical places.