We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Photograph Of The Week: Week One

Speedtouch

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photo Carboy!

And I've had another idea (not implemented in this month - nothing changing yet), spurred on by what has just been said. If you all PM me the photos, then when it comes round to the voting, I list them as 1, 2, 3 etc, and not by name. It makes it a completely fair vote, as no-one knows which photo is from which person. Only I know who's they are, so I can stop you voting for yourself etc.

Any thoughts?

^ That is what we are doing it like now..., as in voting comes, and all the photos are posted with the names of the person above them. You vote for the photo by username.

My idea is that you do not post them up here, but PM them to me, then for voting, they are all posted up in a random order, numbered, and then the winner is revealed once voting finishes.

^ That is what we are doing it like now..., as in voting comes, and all the photos are posted with the names of the person above them. You vote for the photo by username.

My idea is that you do not post them up here, but PM them to me, then for voting, they are all posted up in a random order, numbered, and then the winner is revealed once voting finishes.

Very good idea, but I'd say that if the thread isn't kept alive across the month then people will forget about it.

From PotW I know that by Thursday and Friday, even though people can still enter, we seem to get a lot fewer entries, due to the fact that everyones forgotten about the thread, so if a thread were to remain inactive for a whole month, with everyone just sending photos to you, you may get a high volume of entries in the first couple of days, but after a while, if no entries can be seen, people wont want to think they are going to be the only ones entering, so simply wont enter.

Just something you might like to think about, I'm sure you'll be able to make it work :D

P.S. Damn that was one long sentence I wrote! 10 commas Ftw! :p

Disclaimer: You may notice this was posted at just before 1.30 in the morning, so if I have counted the number of commas incorrectly and there are in fact not 10, then anyone trying to nugget me shall be subjected to severe torture via fingerpainting :rolleyes:

Correct, 10 comma's.

I think that this should be done every Fortnight (2 weeks). I think a month is just a bit too long and as Speed says, people WILL forget about it and it will become boring.

I'm sure 2 weeks is more than long enough, don't you?

Guest RB26DETT

or make it weekly again but not like the current PoTW where one week is for voting.

my idea:

mon-thurs = submission of entries

fri - sun = voting

Great idea for a photog forum! And greater idea for this competition!

Anyway I think as far as the format goes, we should just use the POTW format. That way, it's not so long a wait. But we should have it on alternating weeks to POTW. That way, we can change the banner every week instead of every 2 weeks like it is now. Sort of like this: When it's entry week for POTW, we have voting week here, so that when it's voting on POTW, we can have the winner's photo from here at the top of the page...

Oh and here's my entry (bet none of you would've thought of this)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/1carfreak1/2313877067_a57fb1d772_o.jpg

probably is, i used my phone while i was out. And I've not tried to enhance it so it's more than likely blurred, the breeze didn't help either.

breeze? lucky you, there was no wind at all today and it was very hot so i decided to put a black shirt on because im a fool.

I'm crap at photography, but i'll try and find a flower somewhere

my idea:

mon-thurs = submission of entries

fri - sun = voting

Brilliant idea!

format. That way' date=' it's not so long a wait. But we should have it on alternating weeks to POTW. That way, we can change the banner every week instead of every 2 weeks like it is now. Sort of like this: When it's entry week for POTW, we have voting week here, so that when it's voting on POTW, we can have the winner's photo from here at the top of the page.[/quote']

Another brilliant idea!

Weekly it is then! I'll just go change the first post and thread name now.

Admin need to confirm putting the photo in the banner at the top of the page. And how it would work I don't know. Because if we are using the method proposed by RB26DETT, it doesn't line up with PoTW, so alternating would be hard.

New Closing Date: Thursday 3rd July