We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Network Problems

dualloop

EDIT: Problem Solved.

I created a new account on gamespy, associated it with my email and it logged on.

Hello,

I recently re-installed TDU, after recieving a new product key (old one ran out) but I cannot connect to the servers.

Are they down?

If not i have opened up all required ports on my internet security

(Norton 360 2.0). I can't seem to find port settings on my router's config (Belkin N1 Vision).

Can anyone figure out why I cannot connect to the TDU servers.

Also, i copied and pasted my original profile into the TDU folder in Documents, could this be the cause?

System Specs are in my sig if required.

Try following those instructions properly and not changing them as randomus_r suggested?

I did, it still doesn't work.

I also moved my existing profile out and created the same profile that is a gamespy account, I still get the same message.

Hmm. No trainers installed? Have you modded the game in anyway since the reinstall? When was the last time you got online? Megapack installed? Patched the game?

I don't use trainers, they spoil the game :).

The only "modding" i did was what you suggested about the cd key txt file.

I never got online with this install, the last time i got online was about

six months ago before i formatted my pc.

Megapack not installed.

I have patched the game to 1.66A but is there a usa and international version, thinking about it if there is i might of installed the usa patch version. Also i have the digital download version from atari's website.

If they were down, somebody would make a thread on here about it.

I really don't know what to do, iv'e never had this much trouble getting TDU to work. I take it everyone else can log on via their gamespy account?

Also, iv'e only opened ports up on my firewall (Norton 360 2.0) I haven't on my router because i don't know how.

Does anyone know how to open ports up on a Belkin N1 Vision Router?

dual backup your existing profile and then setup a new gamespy account and try connecting to the server with this profile, if it allows you then it sounds like your old profile which is associated by key is not being allowed to be used as the keys that are assigned are different. If this doesn't work try disabling your Antivirus and Firewall just for a a minute or so and see if that allows you a connection as it could be these that are stopping you.

dual backup your existing profile and then setup a new gamespy account and try connecting to the server with this profile, if it allows you then it sounds like your old profile which is associated by key is not being allowed to be used as the keys that are assigned are different. If this doesn't work try disabling your Antivirus and Firewall just for a a minute or so and see if that allows you a connection as it could be these that are stopping you.

I disabled my antivirus and firewall and created a new dualloop account in TDU (dualloop is the name associated with my gamespy account) but no avail. I still get the check your network status error message. :mad: