We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Right, with me having some spare time, having let the Mod section slip a bit and being bored. I have created this thread for Mod Requests of any shape or form. Interior, exterior, sound or environmental, post it here ...

If a thread is created, I will either leave it there for a few days, then shove it in here, or merge it straight here when I see it. So please don't be suprised if you see your thread has gone, it's probably in here =]

[ The first few posts will be in an extremely random order, please ignore these, as several threads have been merged at once in an attempt to serious tidy up the Mod Section ... ]

• Please post information on what you would like to be modded on your behalf, be it: colours?, size?, amount?, which car model modded? etc And remember to say please as someone will be taking the time to complete your order best they can.
  • Posting in here does not guarantee your request will be fulfilled.
  • Please be aware that frequent requests from the same member get annoying as it seems spoilt and demanding.

:thumbsup:

- TDU Central Staff and Modders

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved to relevant sub-section. :)

Anyway ... you need Audactiy [link] and obviously the bnk unpacker/repacker to open to files. It's a bit complicated, but you need to make a mono=tone for on the gas at low revs, on the gas at high revs, off the gas at low revs and off the gas at high revs etc. It does get very tricky. So beware ... :)

I PM'ed, uh, someone, on the forums about this a month or two ago:

0. Make Backup of the orginal BNK

1. Export the sound of the car you want to mod:

2. Lissen to the sounds to see what you sort of need:

usual you need 2 low rpm, 2 mid rpm and 2 high rpm. Anyhow a few cars have diffrent setup liek the RS4 for example.

3. Search for your new sound samples. (GTR2 is a good source. But so is WR2)

4. Load one of your samples in a audio editor. I use audicity thingy

5. Load the orginal sound sample you want to replace as well

6. Match the length of your sound to the length of the orginal sound.

7. Save your modified sound sample or Save as a new file.

8. Use what ever tool you want or have. To Convert your modifed sound sample tot he format of the orginal TDU Sound files. It is something Mono with speical MS codec.

9. Import the new sound back into the BNK. But be sure you got a backup of the orginal.

10. Put it back in the game directory and overwrite the orginal when you made a backup. Go ingame and test.

11. If nessery return and start tweaking the sounds or search for alternative source samples.

-Leadfoot

i dont know if is the right section to ask ..btv..Iced can you do a "mod" for me or to help me..??i want to stop hear the sound when you change gear in old cars this tak tak think ..i dont like it at all :)I must delete a file or somethink ???Can i make it stop ???

i dont know if is the right section to ask ..btv..Iced can you do a "mod" for me or to help me..??i want to stop hear the sound when you change gear in old cars this tak tak think ..i dont like it at all :)I must delete a file or somethink ???Can i make it stop ???
You can do yes. If you go into Common_Car.bnk in the sound folder ... there are gear changing noises in there. Change some of them and see if that works.

• 2 weeks later...

I think as long as the engine wav sounds in the .bnk file have the same names (BNK File Ed makes it the same size), the game will use them regardless of what they actually are. ;)

Some progress with the 360 too, using Audacity to record sounds in-game from the PS2 version. Editing the sounds to work together without any popping noises is a right pain, I have much respect for game sound designers now! :eek:

The thing I will do is sample the engine at 2500, 5000 and 7500, rather than 2000, 4000 and 6000. In NFS it redlines at nearly 10,000 RPM rather than TDU's 8500, so I have to sample higher so you get a better sound for the engine at the end of it. If some clever person can fix the rev needles on the Challenge Stradale, it will be perfect, but I'm happy for the moment just getting these sounds sorted! :p

Traffic Skinning on Cars

Is it possible to make a car look like the "Rob&Roger" truck or the clothes store ones? If so, could someone make a .bnk file of a truck that I can use over the Audi A3, for a movie I'm working on? Thanks!

-Leadfoot

P.S. What file is that truck in the "Traffic" folder, anyway? So I know which one to switch if I want it as an AI car. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Mod Request: Ford GT Heritage Edition

I don't know if it's possible at all, but could somebody make this?

209616.1-lg.jpg

If you need more pictures you can google em i guess, just to give an idea what i want. :)

It would work, methinks. Someone's done that sort of thing... A RUF RGT with a red back, white middle, and red back. I PM'ed him, but he said he didn't do it himself. I'd love to know who found out how. Then we could make the Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24, with the Red and Green roof.

-Leadfoot

;78674']It would work' date=' methinks. Someone's done that sort of thing... A RUF RGT with a red back, white middle, and red back. I PM'ed him, but he said he didn't do it himself. I'd love to know who found out how. Then we could make the Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24, with the Red and Green roof.

-Leadfoot

lol? Not gonna nugget you though, its probably not gonna be accepted.