We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Models

KoenigseggBG

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Finally, after more than a year of waiting since my pre-order in the winter of 2010/2011, I got my 1/12 SLS in. Costs 199,90 euros, cheaper than the 500 to 600 AutoArt charges for their Veyrons, 911's and Murcies, and WAY cheaper than those detailed 1/8 CLOSED miniatures of between 4000 and 8000 euros... It comes with gloves and a booklet that describes both the miniature and the real car. It also teaches there is a special trigger under the nose of the car which is needed to lift the bonnet out of its lock, and that it's recommended to polish it with actual car polish.

From what I know, the SLS Coupe is already sold out: the silver one is listed as sold out on the official website, and of the blue ones mine is #709/1000, indicating how fast it goes. There are red and silver SLS Roadsters in production, limited to 1000 each as well (just like the two 300SL Gullwings and two 300SL Roadsters), those could very well also be sold out considering how long these models have been on the net already.

Quality is very good. If you on purpose try to find the smallest imperfections, you can find a few, but then you really have to look closely. I've read several people on the web said their silver SLS'es had paintissues, on my model the paint is fine.

Ignore the trash and the white box, that white box is of a USB stick designed like a Mercedes key, it doesn't belong to the miniature.

image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2489&mode=thumbnail image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2490&mode=thumbnail

image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2491&mode=thumbnail image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2492&mode=thumbnail

image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2493&mode=thumbnail image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2494&mode=thumbnail

image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2495&mode=thumbnail image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2496&mode=thumbnail

image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2497&mode=thumbnail image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2498&mode=thumbnail

image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2499&mode=thumbnail image.php?album_id=21&image_id=2502&mode=thumbnail

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though I'd show 2 of mine....

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/DSC01875.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/th_DSC01877.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/DSC01884.jpg

Nothing fancy, the Sagaris is from some random maker, and the ZT is by Vanguards.

Also this....

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/DSC01881.jpg

Why am I posting a picture of a cheap & battered Impreza WRC model? Well its the first RC car/Model I ever got, also because the Impreza Is one of the cars that got me into cars! Seeing McRae's WRC Impreza on TV made me want THAT car, so I got THAT car for my 6th birthday, still love the car and plan on getting a real one some day. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Though i'd ask here, some of you's know I bought a Tamiya R33 Skyline Kit. :)

I've decided that I'm going to spray the body gold(a nod to the infamous Top Secret R33). I'm going to get Tamiya's own brand paint to use as well. Are all the paint's they sell the same? And is it okay to overlap?(for example, if on the body I decided to paint a paint that had been painted?) Also I'm guessing it's okay to use non Tamiya paints on it as well?

Sure these are all noobish qustions to you's, but I'm just starting out. :)

Thanks in advance.

Guest MrLolololXD

Go for the Tamiya TS spray cans. You can overlap, just try to avoid putting lighter colours over darker colours. If you have to, for example, put a bright yellow over a black, put down a thin coat of primer or white, in-between them.

If your gonna overlap you might also want to slightly scuff up the 'bottom' layer of paint so it sticks better. Wet sanding it with 1200 grit sandpaper should be fine.

You can use non Tamiya paints, but try not to go crossing different paint types. Like using acrylic or enamel and water based over the same part. Oh, and don't wet sand water based paints! :p

Also, if you wanna go a little over the top for your first model, get some Tamiya White Surface Primer (part #87044(The can is big enough to last you 2-3 model kits)). Wet sand the naked plastic body with 800 grit sandpaper first, then spray on about 4-5 light coats of the primer. Try not to go too heavy, or you'll start to lose panel gaps and other small details. Wet sand that with 1200 or 1500, until it's nice and smooth, try not to go back through to the plastic. Wash it off good, let it dry and then paint it. You could go even further then with eliminating OP, but that's something to save for later stages of advanced model painting :p

Thanks for the tips! :)

I'm going to be very basic for now, so just painting what needs to be and such. Going to get a few pots of paint(Red & black) and see how things go.

Hopefully get it all in the next week or so and then i'll start to make it!

So keep a look out here for a well made model R33...or what's much more likely as badly cobbled together thing thats meant to resemble a R33 Skyline :lol:

Got my Paint yesterday, Gold Spray & a white,red & Black paint pots (all Tamiya) and got round to starting the car today :)

Haven't sprayed the body yet due to weather, so if it's dry tomorrow I'm doing that. anyway got about making the Rear Axle...

And that's as far as I've got, I forgot the under body was all white and never got gray spray for it, but Im going into town tomorrow so getting some then.

Being my first time I'm keeping it quite simple, Im not painting the dashboard or rear seats(already gray) as well as a few other parts. Im going to be painting the front seats red & black though to give it a sporty feel! Im also very tempted to paint the bonnet black too(Taping it up so not to be painting over the gold spray), but I'm not 100% sure on the idea.

Hope to get more of it done tomorrow evening!