We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mod Talk

Tool831

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: Btw thanks to your map tool i got the skyline upto 3MB which is large enough for more big/better cars. So that's why im doing the list its got some good cars on there too. We can even swap rims on cars that cannot support them.

So... does this work online?

Also, I'm going to sound lazy, but could somebody maybe release a modified map file with all the sizes increased to the same size. Say, a size a few kb bigger than the biggest file in the game? Would that be possible?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
No they're fine to go online, as long as you don't modify performance characteristics, it's perfectly safe

It'd not 100%. We cannot guarentee this. I've been kcikced for having the Hummer on the F430, Stinger's been kicked for having sound mods and people aren't able to connect with the new Audi TT.

But generally, if you go for the 'Release's rather than the 'Beta's then they're more likely not to get you into trouble.

I've been playing with sound mods and more for one year ... and my account has never been banned.

Everyone would be warned by TDU:C if that was the case.

What I'm saying is ... we cannot guarentee 100% you wont get banned, as myself and Stionger have been kicked from the game before and it was because of the mods. (But were able to restart and not be kicked). I was kciked because I put the Hummer on the F430 and for some reason it's performance was restricted :confused:

Hey !

It could be great news this evening.... maybe I've definitively sorted out the file size problem !!! So you wouldn't need to fix map file anymore :D

I've patched my Bnk1.map file and set every size to 0.

I have been playing online with this Bnk1.map file for a few minutes and all is still working flawlessly (no disconnect, no crash, no ban....). I also replaced some cars by new models of different sizes.

If you wanna try :

- either patch the 7000+ entries manually with MAP Tool : set the sizes to 0 (joking, you don't want to do that :cry: )

- send me a PM, and I'll give you a link to download this new bnk1.map file (for 1.66 patched and megapack TDUs only).

As always, I'm not responsible for problems. I advise you to test on offlines accounts and MAKE BACKUPS !.

I am taking responsability over my own online profile.

I've been experimenting with the wheels in the bnk1.map actually. They don't work too well, lol.

I can get as far as seeing the wheels on the car in the garage, except they're totally pink, like the texture is missing. Then when I exit the house, TDU crashes.:oook:

dunno if anyone's seen this, but a fairly decent model from a japanese site. as it's not mine i didnt post it with the models. you'll need Djey's amazing tdutools to get it in game.

Model site http://www.testdrive.game-host.org/download/

while made to replace the tuscan i replaced a lexus instead. along with a couple of other model switches, i now have a fine japan import showroom instead(thanks to tool for the showroom switching walkthrough and the mods filling it! ;) )

[url=http://www.testdrive.game-host.org/download/][/url]

Hmm.. Once again damn! someone did the supra already.. I know 2 people who have done supra's.. Oh well.. I guess i won't do mine. Even though its a Targa top :D

Edit: Is that my Infiniti G35? and Skyline also Mitsubishi? ;) Also i just tried the Supra they made very nice but the textures are pixelated..

---------------------------------

Djeys new bnk.map file gets rid of file size so i would recommend people to download it. Although im not sure if online will work.. Ill have to ask Djey about that.

sorry tool lol another reason i posted it here rather than the models section. see what you thought of it. i thought some of the door area was bit choppy. nice model otherwise. yup as i mentioned you cars filling it lol all yours 'cept for the supra and the one lexus :D

i may have figured out the bubble thing, at least for japan import and some other non-specific dealers, i have some fiddling to do tomorrow so i'll keep you posted. i hope i'm right because i realllllly hate some of the logos TDU created. like classic cars and, well, japan imports. but right now i'm off to bed

i actually we're behind, i'm talking to you from the past(cue eerie music) lol

still no go on the logos, im really frustrated with how they handle graphics in the game and how things are hidden throughout. there are logos for the clothes shops and others in drive in but no dealer logos. i dunno ill just keep at it. i did manage to make some nice logos for the dealership buildings, least its something, makes them more interesting,