We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mod Talk

Tool831

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are about 15 free car slots in Japan Import Tuner. :D

If everyone install the mods according to modder's mind (that's to say, without swapping), I could provide a database update.

But it's rather difficult, as plenty of people use body swap (I'm one of these guys :nuts: ).

@ Tool: DO the dash look as good and detailed as it seems in the Diablo SV Mesh you screenshot posted ? I saw several Diablo meshes around for free but none had a great dashboard so far. So I wodner if you found a better one as I ever did.

@ Tool: DO the dash look as good and detailed as it seems in the Diablo SV Mesh you screenshot posted ? I saw several Diablo meshes around for free but none had a great dashboard so far. So I wodner if you found a better one as I ever did.

Nope interior wasn't detailed alot, that was ages ago really. Never bothered ever since.

There are about 15 free car slots in Japan Import Tuner. :D

If everyone install the mods according to modder's mind (that's to say, without swapping), I could provide a database update.

But it's rather difficult, as plenty of people use body swap (I'm one of these guys :nuts: ).

Wait, so you're saying that, in theory, we could replace a car at a certain dealer as an empty "slot" of that car, but still have other copies of that car that are different?

Sorry if that's confusing, but I'll put it this way: Could we have a "Skyline" at Japan tuners that is modded to look like a Subaru Impreza STI, and another "Skyline" at the Nissan dealer that looks like a Skyline?

Would be another great leap forward! :)

-Leadfoot

No, unfortunately. Actually the game only permits 1 "body" per vehicle at the time.

We can just add/remove cars from dealers; when adding a car to an empty dealer, it gets visible on the map.

But it's possible to replace vehicles we don't use normally (as I did with the SSR) and modify them a bit (brand, wheel drive, gearbox etc...). In my example the SSR has completely disappeared from Chevrolet dealer. It's a Mercedes now.

So things can get more accurate :)

Hi M8s!

I´ve one question and think its the right place here to ask. Is it possible to 'lower' cars, like with sport suspension ? It´s just an 'optical thing' and it doesn´t have to take effect on the physics. Do i need a 3D-Prog, and when 'yes' which one? I´ve 3ds with TDU plugin. Is it right ?

Hi M8s!

I´ve one question and think its the right place here to ask. Is it possible to 'lower' cars, like with sport suspension ? It´s just an 'optical thing' and it doesn´t have to take effect on the physics. Do i need a 3D-Prog, and when 'yes' which one? I´ve 3ds with TDU plugin. Is it right ?

You would need Zmodeler but if you are planning on lowering any modded car then you would have to contact that modder first.

Umm Zmodeler is the only program that opens TDU models. So your out of luck on 3ds max. Plus djey is looking into it, to see if the TDU data base can allow lowering the cars but at this time only you can do it by zmodeler only.

-------------------------

Djey is it possible to add interior colours to cars or add more colours when buying a car? Seeing that if the new showrooms can be unlocked unless it just uses the same car colour data as the original Mercedes showroom.. :)

For now you've just the color schemes from the vehicle you replace.

Though, it must be possible to define a custom color set within the database (including specials like chrome).

Much more powerful method than swapping colors with current MT. ;)

No, unfortunately. Actually the game only permits 1 "body" per vehicle at the time.

We can just add/remove cars from dealers; when adding a car to an empty dealer, it gets visible on the map.

But it's possible to replace vehicles we don't use normally (as I did with the SSR) and modify them a bit (brand, wheel drive, gearbox etc...). In my example the SSR has completely disappeared from Chevrolet dealer. It's a Mercedes now.

So things can get more accurate :)

Whoa! So that means we can switch a gearbox from paddle-shift to h-gate? That could be unbelievably great! Also, we wouldn't have to swap from Evo to STi to GT-R, etc; we could just make the 350Z all-wheel-drive and the Audi S6 have an H-Gate gearbox! :) WOOT!

-Leadfoot

;195114']Whoa! So that means we can switch a gearbox from paddle-shift to h-gate? That could be unbelievably great! Also, we wouldn't have to swap from Evo to STi to GT-R, etc; we could just make the 350Z all-wheel-drive and the Audi S6 have an H-Gate gearbox! :) WOOT!

-Leadfoot

That would be the best I agree, Then my R33 wouldn't have to be a paddle shifter(Audi S4) and the RX7 aswell (SLK, means 7 gears :()

And how :p?

I know my around computer programming and databases, but I haven't really examined TDU that much.

So are you saying it is possible to just add say Tool's Veyron mod to a random empty Mercedes dealership and not have to replace another car? That would be brilliant, though I'm not sure if that's what you are saying. And if yes, where do you get the performance data from?

Could you please explain a little more in detail, or perhaps PM me with the basics of how to a database update? I have your tools, but the database editor doesn't seem to have to have that capability, or am I missing something?

Thanks mate

Hi,

a coder finally ! Nice to meet you :)

actually Modding Tools are not able to go further than changing resource strings and names. Dealing with database implies modifying encrypted files, and I can't provide such a dangerous (but powerful) feature at the moment.

First step, the next modding tools will be able to modify some car physics data, but just for fixing cameras and positions when swapping cars.

To be clear, there's still no way to add a new car at the moment, always replacing an existing one. But you can decide which vehicles to place into dealers over the island. Moreover, there are lots of things to be tested, modding possibilities seem to be huge for now.

Also, performance data is stored into encrypted side of database.

If you're interested in making tools and have a good experience in C++ or C#, we could go on working with email or PM. It's up to you.