We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project Torque [MMORPG]

scaleopdriver

Free online racing/drifting/cruising game, looks very good. installing right now. Heard alot of positive comments about this game, thought i would tip you guys about it :) And the 900MB install file lies, theres's BIG updates when you launch the game. Featuring real life cars of course. :)

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/download

I had that game, it's crap.

It takes forever to get enough points to buy anything in the game, unless you buy them, with money. That means the game isn't free. You only get the real cars if you pay for them too.

It also messed with my force feedback wheel. If I passed the finish line and my wheel wasn't dead centre, it would continue forcing in that direction until I quit the game.

Overall, don't bother.

I had that game, it's crap.

It takes forever to get enough points to buy anything in the game, unless you buy them, with money. That means the game isn't free. You only get the real cars if you pay for them too.

It also messed with my force feedback wheel. If I passed the finish line and my wheel wasn't dead centre, it would continue forcing in that direction until I quit the game.

Overall, don't bother.

ah, too bad :( I'm about to play it, I'll come with a verdict aswell.

• 2 months later...

I've been playing PT since open beta. It used to be a great game but it changed a lot and not in the best way imo.

I spend more times to find a proper room than anything. I finally ended doing time attack and drifting in Sim mode in Practice mode. As i've been playing for a long time, i got a bunch of cars with enough upgrades to have fun. But for a new player you need to spend your whole life to advance after a bit of playing.

Special darwin award for the drift mode, which is an epic failure.

It's a game that had a great potential, but poorly developed with stupid ideas.

Used to play it, but like Matt said, it's crap. It takes too long to get points, and even when you do get points, you can only get fake cars, the real cars you have to pay for. The only remotely cool thing about the game is the driver turning the steering wheel properly :p. Might go back to Nitto 1320 soon, not sure...

• 3 weeks later...

A thread has already been made before about it made. It's not bad, I played it for a bit, but it just takes too long to get other cars, their servers keep going down in the middle of races, and the real cars you have to pay for. I still go on it sometimes if I'm really bored just to test drift the Corvette and RX7, but I don't like it really as an MMORPG.

Nice review though mate, I can see you really took time to write it, +rep.

• 4 weeks later...

Project Torque Spammers:

Note if you continue to post this up we will be forced to act on our SPAM policy and will report your IP along with your hostname to your ISP Wannadoo France. Also under the terms of aeriagames' own website we will enact to the full power our right to fine you for every SPAM post that has to be removed as per the Rules and Terms of Service you HAD TO ACCEPT before registering here at Test Drive Unlimited: Central.

We will be contacting Aeria Games should this continue so please desist from doing so.

You should note that under the User Conduct of the Terms of Service of Aeria Games you are forbidden from doing this so I advise you take notice.

Aeria Games Terms of Service: Section 7: User Conduct

(g) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;

Is a $250 fine for each post you make worth it?