We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Iced kinda says bye to TDU

Iced_Bullet

The 360 is the way to go - XBox live just works out of the box. It's partly Eden's fault for using such a complex connection scheme (mix of client-server and peer-to-peer) and partly Thompson's for making routers that lock into to symmetric NAT, and then all the broadband providers who send them out as the default box or even demand that you use them instead of your own :(

I've just changed ISP and I now have to use the Thompson box so I wouldn't be surprised if I now have connection problems in TDU as well :(

I'm just about in the same boat as Iced - haven't had a properly good cruise in ages - even when i do get online there's nothing. Everytime you join someone they disappear - and I have a stash of other games that I haven't finished yet. I'll keep playing it of course - but I won't be on it every night like I was a long time ago. If anyone does make a new mafia cruise - be sure to invite me :)

I've never been much of a large company cruiser, more kinda 'lone rider' but for last few months even I got lonely during free roaming :confused: Rarely I see more than 2-3 other players or anyone chatting at all.

I can't remember last time I even managed to sync with other to cruise at all. This game is definitely about to reach its horizon, cyber Oahu turned to ghost island and obviously the servers maintenance service went to 'low profile mode'.

I'm only sorry 'cause Midnight Club:LA never gonna come out for PC. It seams like a decent game, worth playing after TDU died.:sulk:

So it leaves me waiting for GTA till late November and eventually, for TDU2 till 2009-2010(?);)

TDU has died on both X360 (I couldn't find anyone when I was on it.) And PC. Its a shame, I rarely see anyone play it anymore. No one's around and its just not worth with TDU servers (even thouh I've had no problems with them so far.)

I'm currently too addicted to rFactor to not play TDU.

i guess im very lucky, i drived TDU last week and bumbed into a friend and a few of his friends (germany him and his friends) we took the whole island around, the cars were perfectly matched each other, noone lagged, and we had a really REALLY good cruise, but im feeling like the others, TDU is a dieing game, only alive cause of a few old servers in the back cleaning closet of atari, but ill be organising cruises untill the servers shut down :)

I think my next big multiplayer venture involving cars is going to be GTA IV. Only... hmm, 4 weeks now.

I have it on pre-order from play.com, £25, bargain! :D

Seriously, with me playing, that game's going to be like the return of Carmageddon.:twisted:

The games that last forever are the ones that allow you to have your own servers - case in point - NFS Hot Pursuit 2 - I think you can still find quite a lot of servers running for that depending on the time of day (sometimes independant of that - people racing at 4am in USA when I play it).

If Atari could give us one more patch that allows us to make our own servers, choose how many players can connect (more than 8 perhaps), and while you're at it fix the clubs and give us a few more cars for free (Car Pack #6?). That could boost the lifespan if we use our own reliable PCs as servers to host cruises with 10 or more friends - don't ask me since I have an Australian Internet connection) :)

Too bad you live in England. A few guys from the Atari US forums, including myself, have weekly cruises starting at 9PM Eastern. Unfortunately, that's like 2 in the morning for ya.

The cruises are all themed differently, and the routes always changed. 2 weeks ago was the "Freedom Run", where we drove around the island in classic, American Muscle cars. Most of the cruises have a backstory to them. For the Freedom Run, we were Vietnam War veterans just returning to the states. We spent our cash on buying Muscle cars, and we were going to feel the freedom as we rushed through Oahu.

Tonight is the Return of the Rough and Ready RUF Riders. It will be a "zig zag" cruise. You start out at the bottom of the island, and begin taking East-West and West-East roads until the top of the island is reached.