We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Autumn Mod

lazerus

Not sure if anyone else is interested, just something I'm working on for myself, but i'll release it if anyone wants it when I'm done. Hawaii is nice and all, but I started to miss home ;) If anyone is wondering about accuracy, what to do with palm trees, there are species of palm on the west coast from California, up into Vancouver, Canada. So you get fall leaves and palm trees in the north too.

Progress:

*located tree images

*began colouring process

*able to find specific species in game and manage colour spread to keep things random and natural

To Do:

*locate lo-resolution trees and add colour

*link specific lo-res to specific hi res to ensure smoother transition

*change grass/add leaves if possible

*add leaves to road

*DELAYED* unfortunately, do to some personal events, this mod will be delayed for a week or two

Nice! :D btw sorry if asked but are you also going to update the leafs blowing in the wind?

I will actually, I assume they're in the details folder, i'll have to take a look and see if theres any ini files to change make them appear just a little more.

As I know of, Hawaii is a Tropical Group of Islands that always has a tropical weather in all seasons but what the heck.

True Baltoman, but my Audi R8 is also really a Noble M14, if I suspend disbelief enough to accept that, I think I can accept that it's fall, or that I'm on Vancouver Island perhaps lol

Thanks everybody, I'll shall release it then, maybe a week or two

Looks brilliant mate, really adds to the colour of Virtual Hawaii. Don't forget to colour the low-res trees too :D

Attachment 6400 That one

Thanks Danger, yup it's on the to-do list. that'll be the biggest pain in the butt methinks. i'll try to get them exact but as long as they match up well enough i'll be happy. once i've done those ill probably release a beta, just finishing up on the trees and back and forth tweaking them and making sure theres an even spread on the island

Nodz yes leafs are part of the plan, as for fall in hawaii, see my reply to Baltoman ;)

RamseyOfficial first, where i'm from, they're not uncommon. Need proof? There's a few pics here in case you're still in doubt. Second, I knew someone would comment, so theyve already been changed to something more subtle.

Yes, trees can be VERY red (and very orange, and very yellow)! Right now it's in that in-between season before I get snow and after the peak foliage, so I can remember the colors very vividly. Shame I never get around to getting pics from the laptop onto my PC. :( Otherwise I'd find another picture.

-Leadfoot

This is more then just fun. Its great! At last for some european and other players that have a summer winter schedule. I dunno if there a winter at Hawaii at all. It pretty much always warm and sunny.

I guess having a wintermod for around chrissmas would also very sweet. But to put all in snow you would need to change many more textures. That to much to ask for but nice to image.

Anyhow I love the idea and concept of this mod. And itjust put me to the question: how do you recolor the palms? I never seen a palm at Autumn periode.

Thank you Danger Mouse, appreciate it

Reilsss some palms grow in colder climate, I'm going to brown the leaves a little and look into what happens to others as there are all those palm groves to contend with.

I think a winter mod would be easier lol I have to figure out the grass and various dirt images, once have turning them white is easy, and stripping leaves off the trees should be as simple as making them transparencies. one project at a time. I'm going to get back to this soon, once it's complete that'll be the next step

• 2 weeks later...