We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Shark: Audi R8 [BETA RELEASED!!] #FIXED

Shark

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats weird Shark, ctraxx also did an NSX/Citroen SM(The one that 2cv converted) and wrote tool831 on the NSX and 2cv on the Citroen...

Edit: BTW, can the S6 LED textures be used for the R8 LED's, and have normal headlights? on the final version that is...

I feel for you Shark.

Iced: You wouldn't like it if someone posted your TopGear video somewhere else without your permission would you?

No I wouldn't, but I wouldn't stop modding / filming / playing TDU (whichever is the equivelant). I would try and contact them and ask for copyright, like Shark has done.

Besides the fact that my Top Gear video is no more, I gave up and deleted all the files.

My McDonalds mods and wheel textures and Shell are all over the net, and on youtube, a lot don't have copyright information. I'm just proud of the fact people feel the need to post and share it with others :D

My name is in the 'readme.txt' so that's something :)

If the mods were publicly released, the people who make those videos are legally entitled to make the movies per the Fair Use Act (look it up). That is like Ford claiming copyright infringement on someone for making a video on TV about mustangs without giving ford their credit.

EDIT: The only time it would be applicable to have them take it down is if they were making money off of the video, in which you could sue them for the revenue earned.

If the mods were publicly released, the people who make those videos are legally entitled to make the movies per the Fair Use Act (look it up). That is like Ford claiming copyright infringement on someone for making a video on TV about mustangs without giving ford their credit.

EDIT: The only time it would be applicable to have them take it down is if they were making money off of the video, in which you could sue them for the revenue earned.

correct, all this guys videos are HD tests he's been putting up on youtube.

And he labels teh mods as [TDU mods] ahe does not give himself credit, nor does he provide his pown download link to the mods, lately hes been adding names of authors, but its no big deal to cry a river over...

Ontopic:

Nce to see the R8 is out in BETA, i cant wait for the final version! :D

OK. All is right now. Copyright is there, and he changed the copyright of the other videos, too :).

hello,i modified all my title of video for respect author and creator !

i've see forum tdu central and i don't know why people are bad with !!!

i test mods for tdu just !!!

@+ good year 2009 =)

:thumbsup:

I wish you all the same, a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!! :)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

WTF! THE RUSIA TDU-CENTRAL POSTED MY R8 WITH A NEW LINK ON RAPIDSHARE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION -.-

since 26 decembre...

I saw it a few minutes ago:

http://tdu.net.ru/forum/30-2299-210262-16-1230304048

I don't want to register there and PM this stupid guy. If the R8 isn't deleted within the next 24 hours I'll stop KD-Crew and modding. And I want to know, how much guys downloaded this car already from this rapidshare DL.

The whole KD-Crew will stop all mods 4 ever, if they don't delete the links and SEND US THE STATS OF DOWNLOADS!

All guys again: If you want to publish the R8 on your website, USE THIS LINK: http://cube-fm.com/kdcrew/?dl_id=1

calm down... At least they put your name on it. They got all my mods and basbas's and every texture mod etc etc etc..

Don't get all crappy over something soo small when everyone's mods are there too.

Ya, but I wrote it on the THREAD-INFO, the DOWNLOAD-INFO, the ARCHIVE-INFO and the README-FIRST.txt, that I don't want it, if other's use a own link, and not mine :mad:

The whole KD-Crew will stop all mods 4 ever, if they don't delete the links and SEND US THE STATS OF DOWNLOADS!

Quote of big-t1991:

*ANGRY*

I stop modding for next time !!!! Anybody released my mods without my bloody permisson on the russian-tdu-site!!

We can´t get clear stats. when some people post our work on other sites. GRR.

I wrote it in my readme´s that i will not allow that. The only right thing they did is they wrote my name under their releases.

LINK TO THREAT: http://tdu.net.ru/forum/30-2299-10

The problem of this is high on the ETS/18WoS community.

The way its become on them is nearly all sites only letting you access mod sections and links if you are logged in, sites being blacklisted that host hacked and stolen contentor modifying without permission and releasing and not obeying the read me's and or crediting

Unfortunately this seems to be the way it goes with mods from experience from my experiences and its a shame these people do it and stop people from modding.

One modder I know does actually copyright his mods not sure how but it is possible.

I had a quick look in that thread. It turns out that they have gotten about 10 of peoples mods from this place and uploaded to rapidshare.

However, they DID give the creators credit for actually making the mod.

Already been said and discussed. It is a problem and I suggested to contact them about it although it seems nobody has done anything and yes, I know the language barrier is a problem.

This does suck that they are putting up links to "our" cars.

However, unless you created every file in the BNK yourself (including the 3d model), we are just releasing modded Eden/Atari property, which is against the EULA. I haven't seen any credits going to Eden or Atari in our releases (mine included). So while these other forums are releasing our property with our modded files, we are releasing Eden & Atari's property first.

Unless you can create a modded .btrq file, we are all guilty of releasing someone else's property.

Just my thoughts. Keep on modding shark :thumbsup: