We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best Supercar Ever?

adv06

Does anyone know exactly what the greatest Supercar of all time is?

Ranges from the Senna-Tweaked Honda NSX all the way to the truly magnificent Ferrari F430!

Can you guys help me out to try and find an awesome Supercar!

If not one, maybe a couple or your top 5 or 10!

And by the way i will kick things off with my person top 10 favourites!

1. Honda NSX

2. Ferrari F430

3. Ford GT

4. Mercedes CLK DTM AMG

5. Ferrari F40

6. TVR Sagaris

7. Alfa Romeo 8C

8. Ferrari 360CS

9. McLaren F1

10.Lamborghini Countach

Thanks!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 and only: Mclaren F1.

Reasons why?

Its fast, looks beautiful, very good to drive (apparantly,) the interior is great, it has GOLD lining the engine(the world's best conductor.) It turns heads, it sounds brilliant, there isn't any car like it. Thats why its the best car in the world.

1 and only: Mclaren F1.

Reasons why?

Its fast, looks beautiful, very good to drive (apparantly,) the interior is great, it has GOLD lining the engine(the world's best conductor.) It turns heads, it sounds brilliant, there isn't any car like it. Thats why its the best car in the world.

Thanks for reply man!

However ... *cough cough*.. Gold is because its the best heat reflector :D

But thanks!

1) Ferrari F50

2) McLaren F1

3) Ferrari F40

4) Lamborghini Diablo

5) Dodge Viper(If it counts :p)

6) Ford GT

7) Lamborghini Countach LP5000

8) Ferrari 360 CS

9) Bugatti Veyron(Its mechanically amazing, and the interior aswell, but exterior is meh)

10) Ferrari F355 Challenge

The NSX comes pretty close... it would be 10 if the Viper doesn't count

Where is the ZR1?

the Chevrolet Corvette is one of my all time favourites!

Starting off with the original C1.. all the way through to the new ZR1 which is awesome.. but for me i see it more as a Super-GT and a rival for the DB9, Vanquish and 599 GTB, not a supercar.. but i have to admit.. amazing machine!

Not many of that list or those mentioned actually are entitled or worthy of tag; the best supercar. The Vette is a sportscar still with supercar beating power and handling but imo a Vette is not a supercar. I'm not going to get into this again though as I take the term supercar as it was derived not as it seems to be thrown about nowadays.

Diablo, not trying to draw you into this deabte but if a Vette is a spotscar then its in the same catagory as an MG TF or MX 5 as they are sportscars. I do agree that supercar is banded about but wouldn't some be known as hypercars?? as I'm sure that is a term now so say an Veyron, Enzo etc are Hypercars where as a Vette, Viper are supercars.

Diablo, not trying to draw you into this deabte but if a Vette is a spotscar then its in the same catagory as an MG TF or MX 5 as they are sportscars. I do agree that supercar is banded about but wouldn't some be known as hypercars?? as I'm sure that is a term now so say an Veyron, Enzo etc are Hypercars where as a Vette, Viper are supercars.

I agree :)

But i wouldnt say the vette is a supercar, i'd say its a high performance car

I agree :)

But i wouldnt say the vette is a supercar, i'd say its a high performance car

This is the trouble by trying to put cars into groups you end up with high powered saloons as supercars etc etc.

Catagorising cars, music always leads to debates as everyones opinion of what catagory it falls into is different.

I'm pretty sure the Gallardo, Viper, Vette, F430, whatever Porsche has are considered High End Sports cars, while cars like the Mazda MX-5, Pontiac Solstice, Mitsubishi Eclipse, etc. are low end sports cars, while cars like the Dodge Challenger, Audi S5, Toyota Supra, BMW M3(not sure if its up there now), etc. are in the middle

But shy the M3 is a Saloon/coupe, the S5 and supra's are coupe's, the challanger a muscle car, but then so is a Viper (has been described as one) so all this catagorising is useless as all cars fall into one or more catagory.

You could argure that a supercar needs to be mid engined and so on.

But shy the M3 is a Saloon/coupe, the S5 and supra's are coupe's, the challenger a muscle car, but then so is a Viper (has been described as one) so all this catagorising is useless as all cars fall into one or more catagory.

You could argure that a supercar needs to be mid engined and so on.

The BMW M3 is a 2 door coupe, the M5 is a Saloon/Sedan...

Some supercars are front engined, a good example is the TVR T440R/Typhon, they go up till 215MPH and have a full carbon fibre body, and it has stuff that you can see in a supercar

Not many of that list or those mentioned actually are entitled or worthy of tag; the best supercar. The Vette is a sportscar still with supercar beating power and handling but imo a Vette is not a supercar. I'm not going to get into this again though as I take the term supercar as it was derived not as it seems to be thrown about nowadays.

I agree 100%, the vette is a sportscar, not a super car.

Imho, it can't be a "supercar" unless it costs over $150,000 USD.

I agree actually.. even though i started this thread.. i have got to admit than SUPERCAR is misused alot!

Just because a car is fast, good looking, and handles well doesnt nessercerily mean its a supercar, i mean look at the DB9, everything you could want, but its still classed as a Sports car!

However i did start this thread to get others opinions, because the only people who can say what the best supercars of all time are the car/motoring journalists who have driven them!

But i listen to other peoples opinions!

Thanks!!

I also agree, the term is abused nowadays. I personally have a pretty high standard for what I consider a supercar. In my opinion, even the Murcielago is not quite a supercar. Then again, it seems that the cars that fit the title change as time passes, for instance, one could argue that the XJ220 was once a supercar, but compared to what we see now it is but a high performance sports car.

EDIT:

Vette is a super car...

If it can beat Supercars, it is a Supercar.

It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Again, it depends on what you call a supercar. If you are calling the Vette one, you must have low standards, as it is really only comparable to sports cars IMHO. And besides, what's to say a 911S with a good driver can't beat a CGT and not still be a mere sports car?