We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

3 new NFS games

pyrre

Guest RB26DETT

Hmmm. A fourth title for 2009? Got this from Wiki.

A fourth title is under development as well by EA Black Box. This title will keep the underground street-racing trend of previous titles. This will give gamers a total of four new Need for Speed titles in the near future targeting different parts of the market. More news is expected in the upcoming months.[1]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, EA are really pulling up their socks now :p. The graphics on Shift and World Online look incredible! And World Online is a great idea, I've always wanted something like that (all I found was Drift City xD), and hopefully the 4th title will be like Underground 2 again. They've got their fingers out and started making two other good games, why not make a third? :D

there are a lot of lies in wiki

Hmmm. A fourth title for 2009? Got this from Wiki.

Quote:

A fourth title is under development as well by EA Black Box. This title will keep the underground street-racing trend of previous titles. This will give gamers a total of four new Need for Speed titles in the near future targeting different parts of the market. More news is expected in the upcoming months.[1]

Guest RB26DETT

Well I've got a lot info about the previous NFS games from Wiki long before they were announced to the public and they were all right. Let's just wait and see.

The screenshot is not GRID IMO, it looks legit possibly.

Still don't own undercover after reading some dissapointing reviews about it.

I do have Most Wanted black edition,Carbon, Pro Street, & UG2 all for PC.

MW is the favored one. Not sure I'll get Undercover, maybe used?

GRID weighs in as my favorite over any NFS game right now.

The fact that Dirt2 is also coming out in the autumn is going to give them som comp.

Dirt2 promises to outdo GRID?

So its a wait and see game right now. Doubt NFS will ever reign as it once did but I could be wrong!

Imo i wouldn't be too happy about the NFS:Shift screenshot.. Sure it looks amazing. But like always on game they take out the good stuff.

TDU is a great example, you look at first screens ever of that. They had nice HD quality tress, more excellent shadow. They had more Showrooms planned, Car wash etc etc..

NFS Shift could be NFS Pro Street graphics in the end for all we know cause there is limits, and specially it being avaliable on all consoles it will have to be sorted to fit/suite all consoles/PC's.

So my final words... MEH! If however they do show more shots as it gets closer to the release date like really close then i might change my mind. But atm it stays with "Meh"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - January 30, 2009 - Fifteen years; more than 40 countries; close to 100 million games sold. Need for SpeedTM has helped to define automotive culture for millions of fans with its embrace of the car lifestyle and its cool rebellious attitude. Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) unveiled the details of what is in store for the franchise over the next 12 months, as the property expands to new platforms, new categories and new media.

Need for Speed is committed to providing unique and customized experiences for all types of racing fans by establishing three independent series; simulation, action and arcade racing. Each series will be developed by a highly-specialized team dedicated to delivering the ultimate racing experiences to car enthusiasts around the world - whether they be interested in adrenaline action, arcade fun or authentic simulation.

"We recognize racing videogame fans are very passionate and unique -- they want customized gameplay experiences. Whether it's more of a realistic driving game with accurate car physics or over-the-top cop chases, we are making different games for different audiences," said Keith Munro, vice president of marketing, Need for Speed. "Each game provides a deep, engaging and rich racing experience. We're giving players the option to choose the best racing title that suits their style of gameplay."

Need for Speed SHIFT - Fall 2009

Shift into high gear! Designed to deliver a true driver's experience that reflects contemporary motorsports, Need for Speed SHIFT is built by racers for racers. Need for Speed SHIFT delivers an authentic and immersive driving experience developed by Slightly Mad Studios in collaboration with executive producer Michael Mann at Black Box and senior vice president Patrick Soderlund at EA Games Europe. Slightly Mad Studios includes developers and designers that worked on the critically acclaimed games GT Legends and GTR 2. Need for Speed SHIFT replicates the true feeling of racing high-end performance cars like never before. Players are thrust into the heart of the action with immersive and exciting features including a stunningly realistic first-person cockpit view camera and an all-new crash mechanic, providing an unrivaled sensation of the speed and feeling of racing a car on the extreme edge of control.

Soderlund is also part of a racing team that recently competed in the 4th edition of the TOYO TIRES 24H Dubai 2009, the first major race event of the year. His team ranked #5 in the high-profile race. Soderlund and the SHIFT development team are committed to bringing the on-the-track experience to players across the world.

Need for Speed SHIFT will be released on PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) and PC in fall 2009.

-----------------------

Need for Speed NITRO (Working Title) - Fall 2009

Developed by EA Montreal, Need for Speed NITRO for WiiTM and Nintendo DSTM will have players of all skill levels hooked from the moment they get into the action, while arcade racing fans will be exhilarated by the deep and challenging gameplay. EA Montreal has already established a strong track record of developing for these platforms and will bring their unique creativity and innovation to the Need for Speed franchise.

Gamers can build up their boost as they drift and drag behind their opponents and use it strategically to change the course of the race, but watch out for the cops! Offering a fresh and unique visual style, the game features a variety of licensed cars which can be fully customized to let the game reflect the player's taste and personality. This evolutionary take on arcade racing, bringing back the best features found in Need for Speed games, comes exclusively to the Nintendo platforms this fall.

Need for Speed World Online - Winter 2009 in North America, (Summer 2009 in Asia)

Co-developed by Black Box and EA Singapore, Need for Speed World Online takes the race into the largest open world in the history of Need for Speed - designed exclusively for the PC. Beginning in Asia, this Play 4 Free action racing game will give Need for Speed fans access to licensed cars, parts and multiple game modes. Players will prove their racing supremacy through the sophisticated online matchmaking features and fully customize their profile and their ride.

• 1 month later...
Guest RB26DETT

OH Snap! NFS Shift is going to be like Forza and Gran Turismo says this lady in the video below. LMAO!

I have a feeling it'll be like GRID.

(NFS Segment starts at 4:45)

As with all NFS titles Shift does seem to have great potential. I hope it can live up to them... although a huge part of me believes I'll be disappointed, yet again.

Thankfully DiRT2 will be great and when RacePro drops in price (from over £60) in the UAE I'll have 2 more good racers to kill my woes.

:)

Guest RB26DETT

I'd have to disagree with you there. It's not bad for them to change their direction. First they had all exotics and then headed to the tuner scene and it wasn't a flop at first. It flopped after Carbon. And with the legal street racing movement with ProStreet, I'd have to say it had the makings of a great game but the mostly the physics let it down, not the concept of the game. I did enjoy ProStreet a bit, specially the Speed events.

Don't you think the cars feel to floaty, I mean the GT cars, when there planted it's good but soon as you have a loss of traction it goes into hovercraft mode, it goes with all the cars. I guess they can't go completely realistic as most of the players use the 360 controller :rolleyes:. When people mention realism I always think of GPL and the Papyrus nascar racing game, not the modern EA crap ones ;). I hope I don't start a flame war it's just when I think of realism I think GPL, I guess I should change it to GT5P, Forza as that is what most people compare to nowadays.

Indeed LFS can be called realistic, and if you visit my youtube you can see that I love LFS and it's one of my most played games ;). I've played both the best driving simulators out for consoles (GT5P and Forza 2) but I still go for LFS/GPL for the most realism. I mean any racing game thats made on console needs to be made with pad players in mind so they have to compromise with the realism, or at least I think so :confused:. I'm gonna stop now as the hole i'm digging is getting deeper :rolleyes:.