We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Koenigsegg Quant: 4-door supercar?

Mb

Koenigsegg%20Quant%20450.jpg

And they are bringing it to Geneve. They say it's built on a completely new platform. What it exactly is they didn't tell, but the Swedisch Auto Motor & Sport say that it's going to be a 4 door. 700bhp salooe anyone?

More on 2 march.

I think a 4 door Koenigsegg is one of the coolest things since ever. Sweden makes (IMO) some of the best cars in the world, along with Germany, and only very recently, Britain.

But really, imagine pulling up to school in that, parking up next to a Quattroporte (with 'look at me; I'm the best' driver inside) and simply stepping out of the epic doors that Koenigsegg so wonderfully make. And to make it a 4 door, they would have to have suicide versions for the rear two. Excellent! Or in other words... DO WANT.

Even though it is more likely to be a 2+2.

Hmm, 4-door saloon? I can see why, many supercar makers have built 4-door cars now. Porsche Panamera for example. I still have trouble seeing a 4-door Koenigsegg in front of me though. :cheeky: And that... thing.. (?) on the piccy definitely doesn't look like something with 4 doors. :p

And Mb... Swedisch? :p

I'm gonna blame that Mercedes CLS Class for starting this very annoying "4-Door Coupe" segment, Sports Saloons like the BMW M5 and Maserati Quattroporte I don't mind, but really "4 door coupe" and "Coupe" means a car with 2 doors, not 4. At least Ferrari is smart enough and it isn't falling for this.

Wasn't it when it was first shown or something? xW

No. :lol: Its always been the hyper-supercar based on a jet fighter. :p

I say that 4 door supercars are sometimes a good idea. I mean they can work, but sometimes don't. Like the Panamera for example. Possibly the longest time ever to finish off a car ever. And they still made it look weird. And the Quattroporte just doesn't look right to me. Never has.

However, the Rapide is one of the best looking cars ever, and the Estoque (although maybe a bit too overlandish) is pretty awesome too.

It can be said, turning supercars into saloons is a lot harder than turning saloons into supercars. BMW has been succeeding at that for a long time, and just look at both the RS6s and the new XFR! Amazing things!

Mmmm, yes, I agree with you guys, the Rapide was amazing. The Estoque is a bit jagged and boxy though in my opinion, but then again, I really like the Diablo SV.

Oh, and that 4 door CCX shot. Look along the bottom, you can see where the Photoshopper got a pixel wide edge/drop thing. The intakes aren't totally straight along the upper edge either.

@BAk99 : Haha, rly...I see you love Koenigsegg`s too. :) BROTHA *hi-5*

@BobbyV : This one is photoshopped for sure, I used to like it but have my doubts how will it look for real. ;)

@Balto : Thank you for the +rep. And I agree about the supercars, but I want the Koeni to PWN those 4-door supercars. :)

@Shy Guy : I don`t completely agree. The idea itself is good, it`s just people whot strech their models and making them fat and slow wrong. The Quattroporte is a great car, the CLS aswell. I don`t like the Panamera but the Rapide is awesome too. ;)

The Quattroporte, imo is not a "4 door coupe" its a sports saloon, like the Charger SRT8, Lancer Evo, etc. but more upscale

and why don't they just go back to making 2+2's that have this much room, and most of these saloons are ripoff's of some cars, lets take the Lamborghini Estoque for example, almost everyone thought its great only because it has a Lamborghini badge on it, and it has almost the same body as the 1999 Dodge Charger Concept, they have almost the same rear, the same "Cab-Foward" styling. so yeah...

Edit: And cars like the BMW M5 and Audi S6/S8 aren't 4 door coupes or whatever, they are just normal saloons with a Lamborghini engine slapped in, thats all.