We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can the performance of a vehicle be modified?

Guest M4v3R1cK

Guest M4v3R1cK

After replacing a standard [boring] car with a mod and changing the dealer name and logo it would be fantastic to be able to change speed acceleration and other parameters (for offline play at least) in order to capture the true essence of the new car. I reckon this would be the next stage of evolution in TDU modding community. Maybe by copying existing data from similar stock game cars in the data base to the newly added car [ie. copying a lev3 saleen upgrade info to Bugatti Veyron - perhaps by assigning both vehicles with the same ID number for the TDU engine or something]… If anyone has done so already can you please let me know how?

Guest M4v3R1cK
Sorry, but talking about this is sort of a no no here, we don't like the thought of people knowing how to make their cars go 5000 mph.

If you really really want to know though...

:googleit:

Thankx for the G00gl3 tip but my assumption was that the people who have gathered around here were car enthusiasts… don't tell me we have a bunch of kids who want to fly at 5000 mph with a sports car because that's simply depressing to hear… Modifying the performance to make the new cars more realistic should be one of the top priorities for a bunch of people who are trying so hard to make the test drive "SIMULATION" a better experience. That's right, I don't even like calling it a game, to me it's more like a simulation just like any other simulation for the PC (MS FS, train Sims, Boat Sims, etc)! TDU has given us a strong base to start with, now if making TDU better and talking the next step in the right direction is considered a no, no in this community, then perhaps it's time to reconsider the policies here… or is time to loose hope?

Guest M4v3R1cK

I totally agree with you, BUT now that a few morons have actually ruined the standing charts by finishing a 5 minute race in 1 second the whole standing order is pretty point less. I don't know what sort of excitement comes out of driving at 1200 kmh WITH A CAR but not talking about improvements to the game will not prevent those pathetic fools from using trainers to mess up the charts! So I think right now, more than ever, modifying the parameters (especially for offline mode) to make the simulation more flexible is completely harmless and necessary…

We just try not to talk about it, and unfortunately, yes, people do do it. Go to a drive in and look at some of the speed records. 10,000 km/h down a 3 km stretch of road.

You're not alone though, I'd love to change a lot of cars to make it fit, but, well...

They do that with trainers, mate. :)

I think it's not possible right now but I'd love to be able to do this... Besides, Atari doesn't seem too keen on banning people who modify files.

• 1 month later...

I totally agree that there should be some sort of patch or a way to mod the top speed or RPMs.

I would love the GT500 top out around 170mph and rev up to 7,500 RPMS. Its logical.

Then you have the Camaro, People who race that have like 500hp.

But agree that Atari should create some sort of patch to upgrade the cars. But with TDU 2 around the corner, wouldn't this patch be pointless? Or is it possible that when TDU 2 comes out, they will have a patch for the original TDU.

We will just have to wait and see I guess!

The patch would be bad in my opinion, Atari don't condone modding. but they're turning a blind eye to us, which is very nice of them. So I strongly doubt they will even consider patching/fixing anything to do with TDU1 until TDU2 is in the mainstream.

Also, a performance enhancing patch is not going to be good. I wouldn't want to see a GT500 pass me at 200mph, nor would I want people to mod the car's performance, as there will ALWAYS be someone who hacks it.

Well that is why Atari has hid that setting very far away in the programming so user cannot do that. But I seen a GT500 do easy 175mph before. But some cars are not that fast enough as they should be.

But hopefully in TDU2 the cars will be more realistic and what not. When it comes out, I getting it! Cause TDU rules :) its like World of Warcraft for us.

But Atari could at least send out an update patch or something.

By the way, I also have the Logitech G25, I love it!

im using the ferrari f1 mod i would love to have realistic performance for my offline profile ive looked everywhere and i cant find it on google. ive covered over 50 pages now and nothing can anyone help me out.

p.s. mclaren f1gt can do 291mph flat out with no game mods just stage 3 tuning.

You can edit the stats in notepad, although it won't actually make the car have X BHP, just show that it does on the stats page.

IE You can make an Audi A3 have 1,100 BHP on paper, but it will still have the stock power ingame... If that makes sense.