We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Early Concept Art/Ingame Screens (not Official) [!UPDATE #5 2009-07-18]

Eudemon

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, that looks great. i do wonder what the deal will be with the racing school, will we have to pass certain driving tests before we can advance from an E class car to a D class, or maybe the different licenses will be linked to the Master Points system. the higher your point total, the higher class car you are permitted to drive?

...which means, no more n00bs with A class monster cars, trying to fly through everybody and everything that comes on their ways....:D

Hope this will work IRL, I mean, in game...

At least it's a good idea. I love we're having the same island again (only much better modeled, especially roads) 'cause it's always better when u know the roads by heart when u r doing 200mph :thumbsup:

Second island is for those with more adventurous spirit...excellent, love the game already! :excited:

well the driving school has a similar HUD as the HC mode so HC might be standard and no "normal" mode

I hope not. I can barely keep vehicles on the road in "normal" mode in TDU. of course, if the roads are a bit smoother so the car can actually maintain some grip when driving around, then it might not be so bad.

Oahu is back? =D

I don't care about where the other bits are, this is all i need to know =D Aslong as you can free roam as you can now i don't care about the rest. The interface looks seriously modern and sleek. Thank you Badned.

My biggest criticism of Oahu was the masses of unused areas because there were no roads over them, with a new offroad engine the exploring opportunities are endless. mountain climbing will finally be fun rather than rev like a bugger, slide, hit invisible wall when it gets steep. (repeat infinitely).

thank you badned, thank you atari

edit: in the first post there is mention of manufacturers returning and some maybe not due to licensing, which ones do you think have jumped ship?

on the map you can see:

Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Maserati which means Fiat is still happy to be onboard (Lancia Delta for TDU2? i can only dream)

Saturn, which means GM are good with offroad (mention of Hummer also shows this)

Volkswagen, Lamborghino and Audi... so we can have a VAG party

Ford so errrr.... we can have fords? (ok Volvo and Lincoln at a desperate push...)

Mercedes group... err... well, we can have some AMG lunacy

Nissan is there, good times... we can have Infiniti too

Lotus is there... so parent company proton is allright, we will probably see MV Augusta too (they're also owned by proton)

Aston martin shows in various pictures

and if you look at the map you can see... a McLaren F1 next to the lotus =D

I'm happy to see that Mercedes should be returning, really hoping that my favourite car will be in the game, the Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series :excited:

That looks pretty nice but im not sure about a few things.

A. there screenshot show on the map the server is up running... is that maybe the excause why the tdu1 server runs so poorly?

B. I'm not sure about the fuel (in tdu1 there was rarely a gas station), i wonder if it any good to have it for the crusing and stuff. Image you gotta to the island race of tdu1 but have to plan gasolion stops?? TDU is not for full simlation?

C. I wonder what the focus on, road driving or offroad? Also if it sometihng like TDU1 with ferarri mercedes and co... why offroad buggys instace of far more luxery SUV's ? that something I do not fully get. Or is Eden making beside tdu2 a kind of Test Drive Offroad game based on TDU (idea sounds possible as there was already a TD4x4 game befor.)

Anyhow we got to wait plenty its so earlie to discus about any of it as we know liek noting yet. and they annoucned no realse this year ... and this your is jsut 1/4 done not even that actually....

Does anyone that knows french wanna translate the writing in those ingame pics?

I know some French, so I'll give it a try. I can always use Google Translate if I don't know anything. I'll also highlight some interesting stuff.

Menu screenshot:

Under the "Test Drive" logo, it says "Profil Actuel", which means "Current Profile". Top button says "Continue Game", button below says "New Game", button below says "Profiles", button below says "Options" and the last button says "Quit Game". By the looks of it, there will be no hardcore mode, or the normal game will be hardcore.

Map screenshot:

"Carte" means "Map". Below that it says "TDU Servers", and I presume the colour of the circle next to that determines their status. Below that it says "Points of Interest", or something similar to that. On the other side of the top bar, above "Mercedes-Benz SLK 55 AMG", it says "Current Vehicle". Below that is your balance, and the interesting thing is you have "Cents" this time around. To the left of your cents balance, you'll see "Nouv." That's "New", but abbreviated. I could be wrong on this one though. Below your balance in cents, it says "Driving School". Below the picture it says "Licences", which is "Licenses" in English. Below the icons, it says "Passed 5/5". I'm guessing that means there are 5 license tests to pass, and in this case, all of them are passed. On the bottom bar, going from left to right, it says "Camera", "Zoom", "Filters", "Ok" and "Exit".

Driving/Racing school screenshot:

A number of things here have already been translated for the map screenshot, so go there for the stuff I didn't translate. Under the TDU server status, it says "Licenses" or "Permits". At the top of the book under the numbers, it says "Off-Road Licenses". Below that is in English, no need to translate. Below the icons, it says "I love the mud". I'm guessing these licenses are for buggies and stuff, while you only need a road car license for SUVs, but I could be wrong. Next to the "Ok" button, it's in English as well, so I won't translate that.

Dealership screenshot:

I tried to translate the text in the smaller screenshots, but I couldn't. If anyone with good enough sight to read it could tell me what it says in French, I could translate it, but until then, I'll just translate the stuff on the big one. There's only once thing to translate here, the sentence at the bottom. Everything else is either in English or has been translated before. The sentence says "Select your vehicle and see it's details and it's". The rest is covered up by one of the smaller screenshots. I'm guessing it's supposed to say "and it's interior." at the end, since when you select a car currently, you can look around at it and it's interior. I don't think this should have changed much.

Checkpoint screenshot:

The orange word at the top means "Summary". Below that it says "Passage Door". Below that it says "Pass all the doors in the given time". Pretty interesting twist to the checkpoint race. Anything untranslated has already been translated in the map screenshot.

There you go. I may have gotten a thing or two wrong, sorry if I did.

Menu screenshot:

Under the "Test Drive" logo, it says "Profil Actuel", which means "Current Profile". Top button says "Continue Game", button below says "New Game", button below says "Profiles", button below says "Options" and the last button says "Quit Game". By the looks of it, there will be no hardcore mode, or the normal game will be hardcore.

Or just like TDU you have to unlock it before it appears on the menu...

What I really want to know is if we will be stuck on the same island again (besides new dirt roads and racing in airports) or if we have a complete new location as well?

Edit - spose i should've read page 4 which says read the text which reads there will be one location besides oahu... - great!!!

Hopefully you can unlock Simulation mode as well this time. Apparantly there is a cheat for it in TDU1 but no-one knows what it is.

One good thing I've noticed though - is that these early pics seem to be on PC - which means it isn't exactly just a port over, which means it should work much better, which means me and a lot of others should be going YAY right about now :)

TDU 1 Trailer

I reckon that's the best car trailer I've ever seen (I did see it ages earlier of course) - although a tad weird how the Lambo with 4WD spins out and the V8 Vantage makes the turn - must've been a n00b in it (don't reply about CGI).

However - some of you forumers who weren't on the Atari EU site might never have seen the videos linked to in this interesting thread: http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=74671&highlight=eugene

Guest RB26DETT
What I really want to know is if we will be stuck on the same island again

Read the entire article in the first post it's stated what you want to know.

One good thing I've noticed though - is that these early pics seem to be on PC - which means it isn't exactly just a port over, which means it should work much better, which means me and a lot of others should be going YAY right about now :)

Eh? there are xbox buttons everywhere in them pics.