We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I blush at the drop of a scarf

Secret: Blush isn't my last name. It's just what I do a lot. I'm German-Irish with very pale skin that enjoys turning red without informing me. It tends to give me away at times / let's people read me rather easily. Veronica is my first name, but I prefer to be called Onica by friends. I'm in my low 20's, born in NY, but I've spent most of my life in other countries. I've been back in the states for a few years though.

I've only played one driving game besides TDU, which was Forza 2. Around the 100 race mark I was so bored by having to drive the same tracks over and over that I started spending a lot of time in the designer. I think they call it a "Livery" for some reason. (Sounds like a body part factory to me.) I finished over 200 races and just couldn't take it anymore.

A friend mentioned this game and I'm so glad I was eventually able to find a working (used) copy. No manual or box. Not that they seem really necessary, but if it had come with a detailed map/poster I would have put it on a wall.

Mainly I like cruising around and goofing off more than racing. This game has some great scenery and I enjoy the cities sometimes as well. I just wish the camera didn't snap back or that I could get out of my car and walk around a bit. Oh, and I very much dislike how I'm transported back to the road when I wreck my bike into a tree after I've been off-roading for a while.

I really love the in-car / in-helmet views, and the little details like being able to roll down my windows, and change my clothes. Although the vehicles were really bad in Saints Row 2, I do miss the Cruise Control and think it would have been a great feature in this game.

I'm playing this on a 360, but I don't have xbox Live.

Other games I'm playing:

Wheelman

Ace Combat 6

Crackdown

Beautiful Katamari

H a l o (my first 1st-person shooter game)

Just Cause

And I'm a huge GTA fan, but not currently playing any of them. I couldn't get L&D without Live and after unlocking the 3rd island and last residence of IV, I became bored with it. Forced "Missions" don't really appeal to me. I just like to do my own thing and I want all options from the start - though I do enjoy goals. Which is one reason that SR2 is my all-time favorite game. 400+ hours on that one - before I started the 5th mission. My timer glitched around 300h and I don't know exactly how long I actually played it.

Well, that's a bit about me. And by now you've probably guessed that I like to type a little.

Cheers,

-Onica

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. I see the first three of you are in Australier. I spent some time on the east coast there. The sky is different at that latitude. Very beautiful place. I've also been in Rickmansworth for a time. *waves* This is a fairly broad game-community it seems.

"Manly" games? SR2 was the first game I was ever able to play as a woman. I made my character look exactly like me and it really changed the gaming experience. Imagine (being a guy) having to play as a woman in every game. It would be a totally different experience for you. ...actually, you would probably be more concerned with enjoying the view. =P

And I think Wheelman was made for girls. I mean, come on, it's Vin. What woman doesn't fall to pieces for that voice and those eyes? *fans face* But yeah, the GTA's are certainly guy games.

"How the boys look at ur 'passion'?"

Depends on what you mean by "passion". I'm going to take that as "for gaming". I'm not sure how they view me for it, but I hope it's good. I know this may sound cheesy, but one day I want to be a really good wife. So I started playing Forza just to learn about cars. I've also learned about sports and stuff like that (through games, wiki, and friends). I can't stand watching basketball (though I like to play it). Football is okay, but only with a bunch of friends. Boxing is great. My last boyfriend and I played the GTAs and We Love Katamari a lot. When I moved away he "left" his PS2 with me and a case containing a bunch of games. Not having met many cool people here, one day I was bored and had a friend plug the PS2 into my computer/TV/stereo and well I'm still playing games.

"I agree with Forza 2 being boring after short while.

You're the first person that has agreed with me on that. I was pretty much booed off of a Forza board for saying as much. The cars were cool, but I honestly don't think that reversing a track or adding a few extra turns was enough.

You're the first person that has agreed with me on that. I was pretty much booed off of a Forza board for saying as much. The cars were cool, but I honestly don't think that reversing a track or adding a few extra turns was enough.

Well it was a Forza board which would likely be full of fanboys so of course they'll be upset, sadly. It's like walking in here and saying TDU is crap :P I don't dislike Forza, it just isn't really my type of game so I don't play it.