We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Should this video be banned?

Nipper

Lol, okay. ;)

Thanks for your concern.

Wars caused by religion - ...I'm sure it's impossible to know.

Wars caused by atheism - ....Considerably less, no doubt.

:D

For the record, I have faith in things I can either see, taste, hear, smell or touch, as I cannot see, taste, hear, smell or touch "god" I don't have faith in it.

I could of course be wrong and a "god" could exist, if he does exist, let him smite me with a bolt of lightning. :D

Anyway, I made this thread when I was relatively bored, now I'm bored of it. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think this thread needs closure before it can upset anybody else and cause any more damage in this community!

I'm not going to say anything like what has been said but I will say that I don't believe in religion although I can understand the people who do and respect that.

:locked:

Lol, okay. ;)

Thanks for your concern.

Lol, what? What do wars have to do with you posting sacrilegious videos and comments?

For the record' date=' I have faith in things I can either see, taste, hear, smell or touch, as I cannot see, taste, hear, smell or touch "god" I don't have faith in it.[/quote']

Well of course you have faith in material things, they are right there infront of you. Faith is know and believing in the unseeable.

I could of course be wrong and a "god" could exist, if he does exist, let him smite me with a bolt of lightning. :D

He may have to take you up on that. ;)

I honestly think this thread needs closure before it can upset anybody else and cause any more damage in this community!

Agreed, if Nipper is to the point where the best thing he can come up with to save his argument is to acuse Christians of starting wars, then it's time for this thread to end. :lol: Not to mention that it should have never been started in the first place.

:locked:

Balto, that post was awesome, I was happy to read through it, +rep if I can ;)

Nipper, this was utterly rude of you, and I have a strong feeling you knew it. You didn't help your defense by posting more videos of the sort either, genius.

EDIT:

I and others are clearly extremely unhappy with this, and it looks like it has the potential to turn rather ugly, so...

http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=10202

For starters; Nipper was originally gauging opinions on whether the video should be banned - maybe a little biased however it was his original intention. I believe that it shouldn't be banned. There is all sorts of crap on youtube and this shouldn't be singled out as being particularly bad. Why? - People of all kinds are entitled to their opinions, beliefs etc.

I'm not one for atheism or religion personally. I hold my own beliefs and values as discovered by myself.

What I really don't like about religion is quite often people try to force their religious beliefs on one-another. This is wrong - people should be able to rationally decide for themselves what they believe in and what values they believe hold. Another thing I find quite disturbing about religion is what goes on behind the scenes. I had a very close friend who was in a church group, who was sexually assaulted by the priest and nobody would say anything to the police or do anything about it. This just sickens me as supposedly religion is about "love thy neighbour" etc.

Atheism is also a bit stupid. It is just something that people lend themselves toward when religion rejects them. However, it is largely based on science and looking at what evidence I have seen, they might be onto something. However their methods are also just stupid.

I believe in what I want, not what some church wants me to, nor other people. I am my own free self and believe this video shouldn't be banned as it is someone's personal opinion. I also think that people should just leave others to believe what they want to, even if it's not something exactly uh logical.

Also, stop flaming each other or you will just continue the tradition of not accepting others values/beliefs.

aetheism is not the way forward, join together to worship the flying spaghetti monster, for he created the world in one day (unlike your heratic 'god' who supposedly was lazy and took 6) and spent another 3 days creating the universe (It's a big place after all) and then rested for 3 days.

he is the bringer of the midgit (that doth be the correct way) some trees and a mountain. repent now and be sent to eternal heaven, where there are volcanoes of beer and a stripper factory. oh, and every friday is a religious holiday.

alix.jpg

Join with his noodley appendages

RAmen

Lets just say i've seen the Holy Bible in a Fiction section in a bookstore.

And the only Faith that I truly believe in is in Mirror's Edge.

lol, this is hilarious!!!!! Jesus wasen't even born at day 25. Theres no actual proof of that and the "evidence" he pointed out on the vid is nonsense. -snippity snip-

Irony at its best.

EDIT: You're (not to any particular person btw) annoyed that we're putting down Christianity. Have you ever thought that you're putting down Atheism as well? Doesn't that give us the right to "fight back"?

EDIT: You're (not to any particular person btw) annoyed that we're putting down Christianity. Have you ever thought that you're putting down Atheism as well? Doesn't that give us the right to "fight back"?

No, we're defending, we didn't make the first post, nor did we then choose to stir things up with a few more similar videos.

"Ok, I'll cooperate with your small mind."

Screw you, I never insulted you as a person and you have the nerve to say that?

Jesus f..... christ!

Are you, like... crazy? You started an atheist thread with videos that terribly insults religions, more specificly christianty. How did you not insult anybody?

Lol, okay. ;)

Thanks for your concern.

:D

Religion doesn't cause wars, confused men cause wars. God never said to start wars with humans. It's us + God vs Satan's troops. Besides that, that doesn't have anything to do with what you're talking about

For the record, I have faith in things I can either see, taste, hear, smell or touch,...

That's not faith... Is it so hard to understand that faith is beliveing in the unseen?

Anyway, I made this thread when I was relatively bored, now I'm bored of it. :)

Lol, you just proved that you're immature. It's like: " I'm gonna create a thread insulting religion and put some nonsense videos on it to defend my point of view for no frikin reason!* 3 minutes later... "Bah, I'm bored.. *leaves thread*"

Alright.. why haven't this thread been closed anyway? Don't let it ruin the happy kitty comitee. :locked:

Call me immature if you wish, it won't affect me because it takes a lot to insult me over the internet. Oh, and I mean a lot. So go for it, try your worst. :)

I wasn't insulted by your "small mind" statement by the way, I was just surprised you would say it lol.

Rational thought is something you (christians) will never be able to do because you (christians) are delusional. :)

Lewis, is that spaghetti monster thing a proper religion? (Only need 2,000 people to put it down as their religion in some government thing, or there abouts, to make a religion recognised).

Oh, and thank you for the negative reps people. :) Nothing better than handing out negative reps to people with different views to you. I am not that childish to give the reps back, wouldn't want to hurt your "reputation" now would I. :)

Call me immature if you wish, it won't affect me because it takes a lot to insult me over the internet. Oh, and I mean a lot. So go for it, try your worst. :)

I wasn't insulted by your "small mind" statement by the way, I was just surprised you would say it lol.

Rational thought is something you (christians) will never be able to do because you (christians) are delusional. :)

Lewis, is that spaghetti monster thing a proper religion? (Only need 2,000 people to put it down as their religion in some government thing, or there abouts, to make a religion recognised).

Oh, and thank you for the negative reps people. :) Nothing better than handing out negative reps to people with different views to you. I am not that childish to give the reps back, wouldn't want to hurt your "reputation" now would I. :)

I'm not trying to insult you.. theres no need for it. I just want you to quit. No, not quit your belifs, but quit being an arse in this forum. I thought you were some respected member, I can see that your not. You know that people here are not happy with this thread and - repped you but yet you insist with this crap. Your pride won't let you stop now will it?

Oh, it's just people over the internet anyways right? yeah. But this is a forum, we're a family here, you may not consider that but many people here do. We should post threads that make people laugh, or post interesting things. Not something that makes people mad or unhappy. You can atleast be friendly if you don't really care about members here.

If thats true then all christians suck on math, science, chemistry, physics, history, biology, geometry, geography and so on.. Do you even know what rationalization means?

Never said you were. Something wrong with you? :cheeky:

Oh my God LOL.
Isn't this technically classed as blasphemy? O.O

Never said you were. Something wrong with you? :cheeky:Can I point this out to you:

Ok, I'll cooperate with your small mind.

I'm not getting involved nd not singling you out, I'm taking a back-seat view, just pointing out some incoherence in your arguments :)

Balto, quit it out already. You`re just putting gasoline into the fire and that`s what he wants. You have your beliefs and you`re a proud Christian, what do you have to prove to him...

I don't want anything thank you very much. I was asking if the video should be banned, Balto started with the religion crap. I never said discuss the video, I thought people would answer my thread title and carry on with life. Seems not.:)

I don't want anything thank you very much. I was asking if the video should be banned, Balto started with the religion crap. I never said discuss the video, I thought people would answer my thread title and carry on with life. Seems not.:)

Lol. What a liar. Obviously you knew it was gonna lead to this. You're not innocent.

Isn't this technically classed as blasphemy? O.O

Can I point this out to you:

I'm not getting involved nd not singling you out, I'm taking a back-seat view, just pointing out some incoherence in your arguments :)

I wasen't refering to that Iced, I was refering to the fact that he didn't get insulted. I never said he was insulted by what I said.

Oh my *beep* God, Nippers...GROW SOME BALLS MAN. You posted the God damn video with all those "proofs" that God doesn't exist and then on the next day you claim that we're all wrong cause we got you the wrong way...:eek: Wtf man, I didn't expect that from you, what proofs you want?

- Claimed that God doesn't exist

- Arrguing all the time and insisting on your point

- Starting personal arrguments

- You had the clear view that it'll turn like that

Could please someone that wants the good for this forum, lock this thread?