We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: 2008 BMW M3 E92 V1.1 *2 Versions released*

Tool831

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, calm down, Kurgan. All of your posts I've seen so far have been agressive. I understand that you're defending the modder, but you may just provoke a flame war... If something makes you angry/want to say something that's offtopic, just PM the post's author!

As for the mod...I'm glad you've remade the M3. Seatbelts really don't bother me, as I'm an interior driver. The car looks much smoother now, compared to the older version.

Good job, Tool.

Dude, calm down, Kurgan. All of your posts I've seen so far have been agressive.

How exactly is giving a bug report (a.k.a. the truth) considered "aggressive"???

Answer = It's not.

It's only taken as "aggressive" around here because nobody else steps up and does it, and THAT is a bigger problem than just giving the bug reports. Have the guts to step up and say "hey, I see a problem with this model".

If anything it's more aggressive to jump down someone's throat just for giving a simple suggestion, bug report, constructive criticism, or even when nothing wrong is being done at all, which HAS happened here, and it didn't come from me.....

I'm honestly sick and tired of getting jumped on by people who will never understand the true meaning behind Constructive Criticism and bug reports. It's NOT bashing anybody to do those things, it's done in an effort to help make them better at what they're doing because NOBODY is perfect, we're all human and we all make mistakes and we don't always see those mistakes.

Take a trip over to SMCars (or any other high level 3-D modeling forums), browse their forums, EVERYBODY gives CC and bug reports there and none of it is taken as "aggression" at all.

The moral of the story. Don't use those cars.

All I was doing by listing the cars that I tried was giving people options for car swaps in case they didn't want the BMW in the CLK 55 slot.

You swapped onto a car not designed for the mod in the first place. And regarding passengers, I think the majority don't care about them as who really drives around with a passenger in this game once they've done those missions or test driven the car. Seriously if your lonely in the game phone up a mate or something.

If you want it done your way do it yourself. You know the tools needed and the models used so jump right in and do it better yourself. Seriously 99% of people are happy just to have another good quality car in the game to drive and admire but you seem to want it up to the specs of the guys at rabcat who get paid to do this as their job. Honestly lighten up and enjoy what is given out. Feedback is wanted and appreciated but if you list every single little issue that has no detrimental effect to the car and it's enjoyment itself then why the hell mention it?!

Go and complain to Eden and Atari that the high-level rear light on the Enzo is orange or that the Maserati Grandsport front right (I think) wheel rotates opposite what it should. You seem to want to go on and degrade the work these guys do even if it is a conversion it still requires a fair bit of work to get looking good in this game.

Conversions are like RUF cars, they take the core component and then alter it heavily to make it their own with lots of work inbetween to do so. Don't like it, don't download it.

Simples!

And are you seriously comparing the mods these guys do to the industry standard work people on that site you mentioned are aiming for?

I understand that you're trying to help kurgan, but from my (and pretty much all of the others here) perspective, you're saying it too directly. You're straight to the point, listing the bad things, then forgetting about the good things.

I would suggest YOU try and make a car, release it, then cope with the so-called Constructive Criticism. Give it a try.

And that's the end of the argument from my side, I've gone OT enough.

much more beautiful than the first release... IMO the car is perfect, i drive most time with the third "from behind"-view and put it on the C6 Coupe...

right performance and a good V8 sound, a little bit too low, but nothing special.

all in all a perfect model with nice details and i understand you for putting it on CLK55, but it´s too slow for me and i have 3 Vette´s and "only" 2 CLK ;)

REP!

More swaps tested....and yes I understand that the mod wasn't designed for the swaps, I never claimed otherwise.....

The BMW logo randomly dissappears from steering wheel regardless of which swap is attempted.

Chrylser 300-C (way too low, wheels ghost through body, bad interior cam)

Aston DB7 Zag (too low, driver is reclined:eek: but the interior cam is maintained, very weird)

Holden Effigy (hood view kinda high, best swap option so far)

Ferrari 612 (too low and a wonky interior cam, you can see through the driver's neck)

Ruf Turbo (very low, rear wheels hit body)

Aston Vanquish (too low, hood cam is too far back)

absolutely brilliant work tool i love it :thumbsup:

will upload pics to my thread 2mz :D

exterior is flawless IMO and the interior is improved too!

i hope that helps you ignore any strange fellows who don't understand what body-swapping causes ;)

but yeah thanks for re-making my fav real-life car :D

Kurgan as me & tool have said before body swapping cars causes bugs its simple. Even Diablo understands and he does not have TDU for pc. Tool did not design the car for those cars so it will have bugs no matter what. Some are more noticeable than others. Just put it on the car it was originally put on and then you can not moan. Yes the BMW logo does disapear at points on the steering wheel but its something being looked into.

Just enjoy the mod on what car it is for.

As Soon As You Body Swap More Bugs Will Appear.

Hi yah.. I didnt expect to Much, But i Like the DTM's Power And my Dash Veiw seems Fine.

So i went with that :thumbsup: I bet she Looks Better Orange.. But I Like Blue..heh,

I wished i had 6 Gears tho.. Maybe I'll do somthing about that, Tomorrow after you guys find out whats best ;)

_

[quote name='Reventon']Does anyone know where I can get a good sound mod for this? OR for that fact any sound mod that goes up to 6,500-7,00rpm?[/QUOTE] There is a search button you know...;) [url]http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=8680[/url] (2nd version) It's my sound mod and without any false modesty,it's by far the most realistic E92 M3 sound you'll find.:cool: @TOOL: If you agree with my statement and want to make it easier for people,you can put the link to the sound in the first post.:)

Kurgan as me & tool have said before body swapping cars causes bugs its simple. Even Diablo understands and he does not have TDU for pc. Tool did not design the car for those cars so it will have bugs no matter what. Some are more noticeable than others. Just put it on the car it was originally put on and then you can not moan. Yes the BMW logo does disapear at points on the steering wheel but its something being looked into.

Reaper, look at the original six car list that I posted....

I DID try the mod on the car it was supposed to go on, that was the first thing I did, and the passenger floating on the seat bug (caused by the out of place passenger position dummy), and the seatbelts ending in thin air, those bugs were still there....

I used that car as a reference, then I did the same thing I do with many other mods, I try it out on multiple cars to see what it fits best on, and in some cases, that's not the originally intended car.

There's too many mods out there going onto the exact same cars that it's going to be impossible for some of us to stick to the originally intended car. I've got no less than three different cars that were originally intended to go on the CLK-55, they can't all fit at the same time.

I have a Point ,Better umm,Swap. Heh ;}

Hi I wanted show you if you just Back up your Drivers Body a few clicks inside the

Options,Screen, and you'll Notice the BMW M3 Steering wheel, Logo, Reappears :cheeky: And My Car Door Mirror s,has allways Been there. So i just wanted Point this out to you... Darknesia

Adjust that better... :oook:

_

Also i Like my Newer Swap Now of the 6 Gears i Needed...So.. Im Happyer Now..

I dont Care if the Back Top,Wheels go into the the,top there :}

I need to get the Sound Mod now. But atleast she's still RWD Thx Tool again, where ever you are? np :D Night Yall..

_

Kurgan, try the RUF RK Spyder, similar M3 performance, good ride height, Interior view is okay(Not great, but usable, not neck or seatbelts blocking the way) but in order for that you need to adjust the camera from the options.

Edit: Any chance of fixing the logo bug on the steering wheel, its very annoying.