We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best car you've ever driven?

dredgy

Right, assuming you can drive, what are the best cars you've ever driven?

It of course all depends on what you like about the drive...the comfort, the excitement, so tell us about that too.

My mates and I set up a week or two every six months just for a roadtrip, so I've driven alot of cars and I chose my top 5.

1. Pagani Zonda C12S. Rented one for a roadtrip around Scotland in December/January 2008/09. I still have wet dreams remembering it. The thrill of just starting the engine is better than skydiving. And when you (and you're mate in a Koenigsegg) pull up next to a teenager in a Toyota Yaris at a set of traffic lights, you feel fantastic.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8293&stc=1&d=1243603403

2. Bugatti Veyron. God on wheels. On the same trip to Scotland, one of my mates had rented this and let me drive it for 20 minutes. Unfortunately my other mate wouldn't let me in his Koenigsegg.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8295&stc=1&d=1243603790

3. Lamborghini Gallardo. Rented the Spyder around New York a couple of years back, with my mates in a Saleen and a Corvette. The sound and styling is intoxicating. America proved to be a successful car sales pitch, as when I got home I bought a Gallardo Coupe and my friend bought a Corvette.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8296&stc=1&d=1243604122

4. Audi R8. My current drive, smooth, quiet and comfortable for those long trips around Australia. And it has the advantage my old Gallardo didn't have - you can park it for 5 minutes and not have crowds of teenagers gathered around it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8294&stc=1&d=1243603611

5. 1995 Toyota Tarago (Previa). This car was my parents, it's driven around Australia twice and toured Southern Africa. Sure, it rattles, has a broken air-conditioner, is rather bumpy and the cup holder doesn't slide back into the dash anymore, but I love it dearly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8297&stc=1&d=1243604384

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've driven a KTM X-Bow, a Zonda F Roadster and a CCXR Edition today.

I hope you get my point =)

Nicly put but you never know and dosn't mean anything.

Me, a Suzuki Swift :) Only driven that and a Yaris so far. Aston V8 vantage soon though :)

Wow nice collection and congrats on a Gallardo of your own, I very much admire you for getting to the point where you not only have to rent but can also buy for yourself. Do you have anymore pics of your baby Lambo?

News to me that Scotland has a Veyron! lol

Oh and the best car I've ever driven was my mates Evo VI, fast as hell, handled like it was on rails, nice sound and a joy to look at it with the White exterior and Black with Yellow OZ lettering wheels.

It's not your responsibility to call out other people when you think they are lying. If you do not believe what they say, it's better to simply leave the situation alone.

Hope you get my point =)

Back on topic:

The best car I have ever driven is my 1977 Corvette. Though only down my grandfather's driveway, I could still feel how much power it has :) lol

It's not your responsibility to call out other people when you think they are lying. If you do not believe what they say, it's better to simply leave the situation alone.

Hope you get my point =)

Back on topic:

The best car I have ever driven is my 1977 Corvette. Though only down my grandfather's driveway, I could still feel how much power it has :) lol

Hehe, agreed. The best car I've ever driven, my Camaro Z28.

It's actually in England :p

I very much admire you for getting to the point where you not only have to rent but can also buy for yourself.

The joy of being able to write cars off as a business expense :p

Do you have anymore pics of your baby Lambo?

Not on this computer, I'll be in Perth in around a week and a half, its on that computer. I should also point out the Gallardo picture is just a random one from Google images cause I had none of my old one with me, the Zonda pic is the car I drove, but the picture was not taken by me. I have plenty of pics of the Audi though...

Were they any good :p Make points all you like, its impossible for me to convince anyone over the magical interwebs. And I have a plane to catch in 2 hours anyway.

The best car I have ever driven is my 1977 Corvette. Though only down my grandfather's driveway, I could still feel how much power it has lol

Cars that leave you wanting more like that are brilliant cars :)

Oh and the best car I've ever driven was my mates Evo VI, fast as hell, handled like it was on rails, nice sound and a joy to look at it with the White exterior and Black with Yellow OZ lettering wheels.

Sounds awesome.

Owned a Gallardo, I have the Audi now. And why does it matter what cars I've owned, I still need the community to download mods and post suggestions, which is very nice. Another thing I do to pass the time is reading short car reviews, which I hoped to get more of in this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who owns a car.

Owned a Gallardo, I have the Audi now. And why does it matter what cars I've owned, I still need the community to download mods and post suggestions, which is very nice. Another thing I do to pass the time is reading short car reviews, which I hoped to get more of in this thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who owns a car.

Ya, well done. Your not the only one...

All things considered. A 2009 Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium. The steering is light, but has plenty of feel, as does the clutch. There is plenty of power, but not too much for a learner like me, and it is delivered smoothly and pretty much when I want it. I'll miss it when I pass my test.

The only other car I've driven is my parent's '99 Kangoo. Not much contest there. I just find it really annoying that loads of you are so damn lucky in life (not just the obvious OP :p) - just being able to drive such cars that I probably won't be able to ever drive, before you are anywhere near the age of driving. My dad used to have an '03 A6 1.9d - I would have loved to drive that, even if not on the roads.

Ok I think the only way to settle this is to post up a photo of your Audi R8 with a bit of paper saying TDU-C or something similar then it shows you have done something to make it believable instead of just simple photos. It's been done on other forums and has worked.

I'm dissapointed by the way you are handling this and talking to this guy as if he's a nobody and that post was not at all necessary imo. I don't think it's a good idea to flame someone as soon as they talk about something like this. I mean the guy could be right and could have done all this. It's believable and I know the cars have been rented out to people during that period, although not sure about the Veyron. The only way we will know if he is telling the truth or not is if he provides a photo to show that he owns the Audi R8 and I guess that would make driving the cars he told us about, believable.

Scotland has/had three Veyrons as far as I know.

One belongs to a rich businessman up in Aberdeen (He also had an Enzo but I don't think he could keep both so sold it on to someone), another belonged to someone near Ayr called Tom Hunter (Although I think he has sold it now) and another to Rio Prestige (The owner of the company also owns the silver Zonda C12S and purple Koenigsegg that you see in the first post). Unfortunately I think the firm went bust and he had to sell off the cars and now they belong to various people and are being/have been sold.

Hope that clears that up. ;)

Tom Hunter, lucky but very smart man, I always wondered how he made so much from Sports Division as the shops usually were very tacky and cheap looking compared to JD and Sports Connection.

Rio is still alive is it not or is new management or something as the website is still active and also I still see their adverts at times.

I'm going to make a guess at who owns the Veyron here in Aberdeen. Stuart Milne. Massive property developer up this end of the country. Half the new flats in Aberdeen are built (badly, from what I've heard) by his company.

Best car I've driven? 1975 Land Rover Series 3 SWB Safari door. Yeah, I know, but it was fun. I drove around in it for the whole summer after I got my licence.

Best car in terms of value / power / luxury etc. would be my parents' Land Rover Discovery Series 2 TD5. It handles like a boat though, didn't like it. I'm not insured on it anyway, they're welcome to it, lol.

I'm happy with my rat-rod Fiat Punto right now, even though it's only a 1.2 it sounds sweet when you rev the nuts off it. You also don't see many dark red Puntos running on black steel wheels! :D

Although my parents' other car is in close competition. It's a Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi. The very car I learned to drive in. It's big and comfy, but not too big, and it eats up the miles with the torque of the diesel. It's also got surprisingly lively handling, had it sideways on the lift-off oversteer before!

EDIT: Have the picture of the rat rod.