We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Tehehe.

Today i noticed everybody looks at me when i'm driving. Maybe cause my exhaust is pretty damn loud.. :lol: 93db...

93 is still legal isnt it? Or is the limit at 90? I had a cop come up to me once complaining about that my exhaust was too loud aswell. He told me he'd bust me the next time he saw me if i still had it but i havent changed it yet nor have i seem him since :)

Thats pretty loud, not as loud as the straight pipe Ferrari Enzo owned by some british guy (124 db), I wonder how often he gets pulled over LOL

If I take the exhaust end pipe off, and have it on just straight pipes, it is too loud (even for me) It has to be at least 150db without the silencer. Next time I'm at the dyno, I'll ask for the DBometer again! This time, without the end pipe.

EDIT: On an alternate note, This is the Thundercat in all her wet glory:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g226/metal_man_409e/th_341470_345478922144270_100000464940376_1416685_841695749_o.jpg

^^ Click for Bigness ^^

93 is still legal isnt it? Or is the limit at 90? I had a cop come up to me once complaining about that my exhaust was too loud aswell. He told me he'd bust me the next time he saw me if i still had it but i havent changed it yet nor have i seem him since :)

Maybe not because it's loud, but to much CO now. No catalysator, it's "straight piped". :p

Post a vid of your ride, Mb!

I'll make one sometime. :)

This is a pretty decent sound impression:

Well the cops wont know if you havent got a CAT, as long as it's there for the M.O.T. So who cares about that :) We're not environmentalists here.

My '83 Corolla haven't got a cat either but that's legal cause it's an old car that doesn't require one :D

Nice sound in the 106!

As long as it isn't overly loud, but during/after 1992 the emissions were set lower in the M.O.T. test so the chances of passing the emissions test during an M.O.T. are a lot slimmer without a Catalytic Converter, and if the M.O.T. tester physically looks at the exhaust and sees the part missing then you can get failed for that as well. If you are going to decat here, it's probably handy to know how to quickly change an exhaust over so you've got one with a Catalytic Converter ready for M.O.T. time which you can then swap back to the decat'd unit after the test, or something of similar effect.

There are a lot of dodgy garages around though who won't bat an eyelid to it, but it's up to you whether you want to risk having a note on the VOSA system for the car failing an M.O.T.

It really isn't a big deal. You just have a spare pipe of 40 cm to put where to CAT goes, and then for the MOT you unto 2 bolts and put the CAT back where the pipe is. Simple. And the cops will not in a million years know you drive de-CAT unless they physically look under your car which they won't cause why would they? A car doesn't make significantly more noise with a CAT there or not, and people are too dumb to hear the difference eitherway if you have a non-stock muffler.

And there's always Race-CATs, but they are quite expensive

Yeah sports cat's, always worth a go too. For now I'm just waiting til after xmas, then I'll have saved up enough money to actually go looking for a civic to buy, meanwhile I'm stuck with this:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/DanG323/Focus_2.jpg

Civic-wise I was thinking along the lines of this, or something similar, that's the VTI with the B16 and 160bhp stock :)