We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Guest TheNamesZac

The A6 only had 12,614km on it. Has bose speakers too. The mileage is good, but not great...

[ATTACH]17731[/ATTACH]

The A6 only had 12,614km on it. Has bose speakers too. The mileage is good, but not great...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17731[/ATTACH]

Why would one spend 90 grand for a USED A6 when they can buy something brand new and equally good or better for let's say $50.000 or $60.000? Seems like a waste of money to me. An A6 can't be $30.000 better than for example an A4 or a BMW or a Mercedes, or any other brand for that matter.

That plus the fact they wouldn't sell many luxury cars so prices go up to accommodate costs of running a dealership.

You can spend over $70g on a new fully specced Golf R. Luxury car tax in Australia applies to cars over ~$58k as well. Then stamp duty costs $8 for every $200 you spend on the car

Guest MrLolololXD

.Plus not to mention the fact that cars are stupidly overpriced in Australia. A new GTR here with a few options will set you back about 200k, a similar spec'd one in the US will float around the 80-90k mark.

Then there's the used import market... Importers bringing in dodgy cars or lower specced ones and selling them for way more than what they're worth. That really hurts honest importers and sellers with genuine cars, which puts the price up even further. Not to mention people that don't know what they're looking at. The Australian government needs to get it's ass into gear about stuff like this. Cars on the auctions in Japan usually only go for what the metal is worth if the car is scrapped, sometimes if a car has been modified a fair bit the price will go up a bit though. If people know what they're doing, you could pick up an FD RX7 or something like that landed in Aus for around the 10k mark

Guest TheNamesZac
Why would one spend 90 grand for a USED A6 when they can buy something brand new and equally good or better for let's say $50.000 or $60.000? Seems like a waste of money to me. An A6 can't be $30.000 better than for example an A4 or a BMW or a Mercedes, or any other brand for that matter.

Excuse me, but a new Audi A6 3.0 (150kW) costs NZD$118,700? My A6 is equivalent to the 180kW version which costs NZD$133,700. Add 2k to the already (pretty) expensive 133k for the bose and you get 135k to pay.

Added something wonderful to my car today. Not sure what you guys from any country other than Australia know about the many faces that the AE92 corolla has. I have a series 2 Seca, I got a series 1 bumper (the front bumpers are the same across hatch, sedan and seca models)- but not only that, its off a GTi (Seca's sporty trim was SX, hatch is GTi, but the bumpers etc are the same, as is the engine, suspension, brakes etc lol), so it is all white, and has a sexy lip.

Ok I lied when I said its all white, you'll notice if you look close enough that theres something missing, the SX/GTi had a red stripe along the width of the bumpers and on the door trims, i've removed it from mine. I do really like the red trim, but its only on the SX model, which mine is not, and I dont want to make out that my car is something its not. I'm painting my trims black, because black trim is nice, and also because it'll keep some semblence to the black trim it had from the factory :)

7446538384_26e66b827f_b.jpg

lol maybe ryzza. Since the day that I got my p's (aprox 11 months and 2 weeks ago) i've checked front and back to see if my plates had been nicked, not once. Til 2 days ago ahah. That grill is the one at matches the bumper Harley (both series 1), and I just generally prefer it anyway :P Yeah i'd like a badge of some sort other than the crappy TRD one I have for the grill, but those slats are just odd sizes, its hard to find a toyota badge to fit. I dont want the logo, i want Toyota lettering.

edit: lol but thanks guys :)

So the front of my car is done, for now. I have plans to put some fog lights in the unused grill space either side of the number plate (i know of a pair of yellow hella ones, used, for about 50 bucks. Its a shame I dont have 50 bucks to throw at fog lights right now...), but apart from that its all done. I have been in 2 minds about getting a JDM (literal, not 'omg thats so jdm y0') Sprinter front bumper and the headlights that go with it (exactly the same, except with built in fog lights, look at an ae92 levin to see what i mean, its hard to see on the sprinter, levin headlights are pretty much the same but bigger), but for all the work this took, and how much that'd cost I think it'll stay like this til I eventually sell it/I die.

The change since the last post is the lip. I added a modified 4th gen accord lip that my friend didnt need anymore (also has a corolla, same bumper as I had before, just fitted a mk3 golf lip. He doesnt like it so much though, hes going to replace that tomorrow lmao...), and I painted the stripe that was missing before and put it on. I love it :)

7459281166_38f81422d5_b.jpg

7459275310_df0823e0e2_b.jpg

7459286416_124ce0e9fd_b.jpg

7459257062_c98b91c521_b.jpg