We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Where the hell have you been, Ken?! :eek:

Let's see...

- Started living on my own.

- Jot a job since March and worked ever since.

- Fixed my car and got it working.

- Had a relationship, didn't work out too well...

- Hung out with the very few friends I have left.

- Help my parents with their new house.

Other things that I forgot, but that is pretty much it.

With the new whip arriving at the end of next week, I've been doing a lot of research on retrofitting the "static" or adaptive bi-xenon headlights. I've already found all the parts that I need to buy straight from BMW or maybe on Ebay. I have also read like 30 threads just in English about doing the retrofit. There are heaps of threads on BMW forums in both English or German especially, but no one made a big DIY post. You just have to dig, dig and dig through the same questions asked by newbies to find a small piece of info you need, and that is freaking exhausting. What I have also learned is that probably installing the headlights, level sensors, cables and tailights is easier than coding which is very important. Otherwise lights will flickers and you'll get a million of errors in the ECU.

Thankfully, someone uploaded a super helpful PDF from BMW AG with instructions for retrofitting adaptive bixenons. HW parts cost about 1900 € according to BMWfans.info, an OEM parts catalog website. For coding, a €80 cable is needed as well as four BMW coding & diagnostic programs that I'm downloading now. Oh, and did I mention the 200+ page threads on BMW forums?

OEM parts:

- headlight washers (possibly, don't want to get a new bumper unless I make my dad buy the BMW Performance one :cheeky:)

- ECU footwell module 3

- xenon retrofit kit (level sensors, cables etc.)

- headlights (adaptive or not?)

- LED tailights (standard or Blacklines on the left?)

- light switch

SW:

- NCSExpert

- INPA

- WinFkp

- Tool 32

- OBDII INPA USB cable

I might do some coding on our 3 Series before doing any big things on the 1 Series. Digital speed or something. Or we'll find someone to install it for us.

/boringpost

• 2 weeks later...

Lgd77V7.jpg

Snatched this set for €750. Don't know what we will do with the tires as we don't need them, the seller didn't want to sell us just the wheels. Basically the rims look like new, some little scratches here and there on the inside of the rims but these will be used in winter. HOWEVER! We don't know if the fronts fit, LOL. BMW says that staggered summer set does not fit, but they sell a winter set consisting of four front rims... Wish us luck on Monday. :hmmm:

Styling M 207

F: 7x17 ET 47

R: 7.5x17 ET 47

cca. 10.5 kg