We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

Guest MrLolololXD

My standard wheels are 17x8 and 17x9.5, I wanted to get another set and put 9.5's on the front and have the rears widened to 17x11 to put 315/35 tyres on, but it's illegal to run widened alloy wheels on the street :(

Would have to get them properly engineered which would cost a kidney, or the better and cheaper way would be to get wheels custom made in that size.

haha no I haven't brought an MX5 (I'm in the UK so it's not a Miata to me) what I do mhave will eventually be told haha, but for now I want a bit of time to make it my own, the biggest hint I'll give is it's mid engined, so that really narrows it down!

I'm really enjoying it, it's a whole lot cheaper than the R33 (which wasn't written off, just incase you meant me, though I assume you meant the fiero?)

It's completely different to drive, feels much smaller!

edit:

Also, I don't think we've had one on this thread yet, they're not too rare but often overlooked! I've always liked them and decided I couldn't afford to run an RX7 yet, so this is my stepping stone to that ;)

There aren't many cheap mid-engined cars that I can think of. :hmmm: Not that would be a lot cheaper than a Skyline. :mhmm:

Lotus Elise, MGF/TF, Clio V6, Vauxhall VX220 or a Porsche Boxter is all I can think off. :phil:

E: Well that's all my ideas out then :lol:

Sticking with japanese cars?

It can be any MR2/MRS, a NSX, A Honda Beat or an AZ-1. Cheaper than Skyline, removes the NSX... AZ-1 is unlikely, so is the Beat. Scott mentioned the MR2 and he didn't deny it.

Edit:

586-392---toymr2.jpg

Because 90's.

nah it didn't, and thanks, it's defiantly a downgrade from the R33 but it's the best step towards owning my dream car so hopefully this time next year that's what I'll be behind the wheel of :)

And I'm not going to modify it much as I'm only planning to have it for 9 months to a year, but the bodywork needs some repairs and I'm going to re do the interior as the leather is ruined!

@Milli: Honda Beat's are rarer than the Cappo over here in the UK...and don't even ask about AZ1's. :lol:

Take care of it! The SW20's are good and seem to be reliable so onto a winner! But if it's been thrashed alot (which, alot of them have been) then look out, and if working on the engine is anything like the AW11 MR2's...then good luck! :lol:

Wish I was able to get my one back on the road, but alas it never happened.

I have always liked the AZ1 but have never seen one for sale! and I'm quite lucky in that mechanically my SW20 runs like a dream, it's just the bodywork that's really taken a hit, the previous owner was a mechanic so I have some faith he knew what he was doing, it's virtually stock bar some alloy wheels and tinted windows, and is a heck of a lot of fun on the country roads that surround my home!

Oh and when I said it's technically a convertible I did mean that it has the T-bar roof, and I was shocked to find it doesn't leak :)

So is this MR2 Turbo'd or NA? If you got yourself a turbo manual T-top MR2 you have a somewhat uncommon to rare car. Well, depending where you live, I live in the US so I don't see too many MR2 with this combo.