We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Idea: Support TDUC and Win?

Eudemon

*\begin

Example: During July and August 2009, those who donate $10 or more will be entered into a draw to win a brand new Logitech G25. It's on it's way to us now and we've checked postage costs to most of the world, but if it came to it we could sell it and send the winner the money or buy it from a store/website in their region, whatever is easier for the lucky winner.

The lucky winner would be randomly drawn at the end of the entry period and their details posted to show they are the prize winner.

*\end

Of course some formalities would have to be worked out but if you guys are for it then so are we.

Opinions are welcome, thanks!

TDU Central Staff

My view is you'd have to cost it well to make sure you didn't end up losing money over it - a G25 is pretty expensive.

If you're being given the G25 for free then great, but check carefully with whoever gave it you, as most freebies can't be used commercially (if you required money be given to take part in the competition for example).

The formalities will not be insignificant either - as soon as you tie donations to something like this you might be entering a world of legal pain because you are now selling something (regardless of how you word it). Of course, you probably know that and would cope with it just fine :cool:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i reckon instead of a G25 you could try getting the bottom end of market fanatec xbox wheel, just because it works on all platforms (Ps3, aswell as xbox, and ofcourse PC) as not everyone here plays PC, and it works with forza (which i'm sure 99% of us are looking forward to)

very cool idea though diab

oh yeah, a bit off topic, but maybe we could have a bar in our profile for lifetime support? (I.e. how much you've donated to T-DUCk

I think everyone is setting there sights alittle high, i think simple giveaways with t-shirts and other TDU-c branded stuff would be better, that way nothing can be said to be unlawful, your selling your own product thats allowed without any leagal work.

people wouldn't you love a TDUck pen? :P

i think one of the main problems has been missed here

a large majority of the members on TDU-C dont have bank accounts and are therefore unable to donate which makes it incredibly unfair on those, also there are those who could donate via their parents but some parents will just say no, end of which makes it impossible for some people to dnate or take part in the competition at all.

Elliott is spot on here, it's not about having great prizes, it's about a sense of community, giving and possibly receiving exclusive items. It's a way for us to give a small thanks and for you members to help us out in running the place you love.

i think one of the main problems has been missed here

a large majority of the members on TDU-C dont have bank accounts and are therefore unable to donate which makes it incredibly unfair on those, also there are those who could donate via their parents but some parents will just say no, end of which makes it impossible for some people to dnate or take part in the competition at all.

While i kind of agree with that a lot has changed and to be honest i would think most people would have a bank account now. I wouldn't say it makes it unfair to be honest, it's just like having a photoshop competition, it's unfair on the people that can't use photoshop, whatever you do there are limitations and will always be people that can't take part.

While i kind of agree with that a lot has changed and to be honest i would think most people would have a bank account now. I wouldn't say it makes it unfair to be honest, it's just like having a photoshop competition, it's unfair on the people that can't use photoshop, whatever you do there are limitations and will always be people that can't take part.

Yea its not unfair more unlucky, basically you win by donating, if you dont donate you cant see it fair that you would get something for free when other people are joining in....

this is a great idea and i think small things will be much better as then we can have a few winners rather than one kid winning a 125quid prise.

and with this site running for so long at some point youll all eventually have an account and can try then.

:thumbsup:

I'm referring to bank accounts which we dont have access to, of course i have a bank account but my parents are letting me have access to it until im 18 so it makes it unfair on those people (and me) in the same situation

I'm referring to bank accounts which we dont have access to, of course i have a bank account but my parents are letting me have access to it until im 18 so it makes it unfair on those people (and me) in the same situation

Say if u get a 5'er give it to your parents and ask them to enter you into this draw? surely thats the easy option, like i said u cant every get something for nothing in this life....

FMR - open your own bank account then? it's not hard, I opened mine -without any parental intrusion- when i was 16

it's simple though, if you don't put money in don't expect anything back, it's like buying a crate of booze, if you dont chip any in you dont have any fun back, and you'll be left out (and given the reputation of a cheapskate, scrounging arse :p)

FMR - open your own bank account then? it's not hard, I opened mine -without any parental intrusion- when i was 16

it's simple though, if you don't put money in don't expect anything back, it's like buying a crate of booze, if you dont chip any in you dont have any fun back, and you'll be left out (and given the reputation of a cheapskate, scrounging arse :p)

Nice example and very true :)

I really think a little prize of some tdu pens or somthing would be best and then a little thing on the forum saying what you have won in the past. I think most people would prefer their donations to go towards running the website and not someones new steering wheel.

One thing is will this increase the amount of donations. I still will probably not be able to donate as I look at my balance in my bank account saying 32p. This may make more people want to donate but many still won't be able to. If you keep the prizes small you shouldn't loose money when trying to get more so I feel its a better idea.

Sux some of us don't have bank accounts and you honestly can't tell how hard it is to say "Dad, can you give me your card so I can donate some money on a forum I'm in?". Paretns are so untrustful these days. :(

So how about "dad can i enter this competiton on this website? i really wanna win a TDUCK!"

I wan on a serious note there but you seem not to understand. :rolleyes:

I understood and i think i gave a great reply, If you ever find yourself with a spare 10'er or 5'er and wanna win a prise im sure you could find someone that would do it for you... just need to ask :thumbsup:

I wan on a serious note there but you seem not to understand. :rolleyes:

Can you not open a bank account. I opened mine when i was 11 i think, but don't knwo what the rules are in your country.

Again here if the prizes are small then they could be given away in other comps aswell to give the people who cannot donate a chance.

Well, I think I have one, my parents opened it a year ago or so where they put some money for my uni education, so I can ask them about it but here if I want to open an account I have to have a parent with me. And honestly, I don't care about the award, I just want to donate to help the forum. ;)

I would donate the 20 leva I have atm, that is 20 divided by 1,39 = 14 dollars, 38 cents, well 15 dollars but I don't have any friends that have a card, it's not that simple. I have to get all the details into the form, which means someone lending me his card.

fair enought but millions of people around the world have paypal accounts, simply ask them to sign in and pay, u never have to see there card or there password, if ur determind enough youll find away, and if u dont will you be that upset?

these competions will be for people that help the site, the site understand that all members cannot donate and value all members at the same level.

missing out on a pen wont hurt you too much surely?

[EDIT] Im am not in anyway saying accounts should be hacked/stolen or otherwise gained without permision.

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking around this week for something special and found these as very likely contenders.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/diecast/detail.html?product_id=104008

OR

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/diecast/detail.html?product_id=102732

Opinions?

I know everyone won't want a Ferrari or a model or something with wheels but it's just an idea seeing as TDU is about cars and we well hopefully love cars so what better prize than ...well a car. :D