We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Add's appearing in the information bar

ShadowGT

Why all of a sudden am i getting add's for Modern warfare 2 in that bar that occasionally appears at the top of the page when the admins have something important to say? please don't tell me TDU-C has sold out to the corporate uhh......add peoples?

Diablo is trying to get up affliates with gaming sites, to get us discounts on games, if we use them TDU-C will benefit also.

If your not interested in buying the game, there is an X to the right of the affliate area so you can close it

I will definitely be ordering my FM3 through the affliate though, thanks diablo!

Precisely as the others have said, this place costs a fair bit to run and activity is ever growing and with the monthly goal not being too good for the last few we decided to look at alternative yet beneficial to the members' means of generating revenue. Affiliating with good efficient and well respected websites was the best option. If you note the ad itself is no way shouting at you or in the way, it's got a small image of the game in question and small text for the link(s).

And in true TDUC style we don't force you to view it all the time like other places, you can simply click the red X and it will go away. Also like the message says itself we want you to suggest to us good places where we can affiliate with, we're not only going after the money, far from it in fact because the place we are currently affiliated with is low paying compared to some but their service and reputation is very high and that's worth more to us than a high paying corporate machine that pays out well despite not providing the best of service.

It's also not everywhere, it's only up for certain games and big releases. When Atari/DP sort themselves out I'll even see about hooking up with them in some way if possible.

Also like the message says itself we want you to suggest to us good places where we can affiliate with.

Well I can think of a few places which may be good to affiliate with. How about Amazon, Play.com, Game.co.uk? I'm sure some others on here go there to buy games etc.. although thats only my suggestions. ;)

You guys are kind of missing the point, Game, Play and Argos are popular but they are not the cream of the crop and the usual hit point for gamers. Play don't always manage to get it to you for release day (majority they do though), Game usually cost more than others and Argos I wouldn't even think would be considered good for gamers.

Amazon are also quite poor in sticking to dates. I'm sure I'm not the only one to get an email from them saying Demand was high so my order won't be in until the following week yadda yadda yadda.

Remember we're looking for those companies who excel in service, respect and after sales plus ease of contact.

This thread seems a good a place as any to put suggestions seeing as I can't find the link anymore to send them in :p

Game is actually my top choice for retail games - IMHO they are the cream of the crop - if I want a game fast they can't be beaten, and getting into trouble for sending out games way before they are officially meant to be released never seems to stop them. In addition they often have exclusive collectors editions, and the reward card scheme is also good. The only thing they are not so good on is cut-down prices, but that's less of a problem for pre-orders which the most dedicated gamers will use. Service and after sales support are excellent.

If price is the main concern, then how about one of the other Game-owned companies like the one people from one of my unis set up: Gamestation.

Amazon is a very popular affiliate choice, simply because they offer so much. Price-wise they are hugely variable, but it's often possible to pick up a real bargain especially on slightly older games. They're not so good for release day stuff, but that's what Game is for.

What I wouldn't advice would be the ones based in other countries that import - you can't avoid that with some of Amazon purchases under £18, sure, but there are whole companies who are based in other countries and they offer a worse service IMHO - not to mention the lack of legal liability they have compared to UK companies.

Shop-to are a pain for me, because you have to have two orders sent to your billing address before they consider delivering elsewhere which makes it unfeasible for me to buy from them unfortunately.

A left-field choice: Good Old Games (CD-projekt's DRM free classics site). I've seen them do some fanastic affiliate deals with other forums.

With amazon you jsut set up and have a link, is it the same for the rest. Can you not just put the links somewhere that we can use whenever we buy somthing from that shop so you get money from it. I use play.com and amazon.co.uk all the time and if i could go through a link that would give you a cut i would and you don't even need any more ad's on here for it.