We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition OMG!

t.

Yea... just watch! ... Trust me.

Madness...!

Posted in 360 until I see proof that the PS3 gets the same treatment, then it can be moved.

Move to General gaming please. :)

EDIT:

For anyone wanting this in the UK it will be sold exclusively via HMV. It is listed on the online store and I imagine it will be available in high street stores but I can't confirm it.

Xbox 360

PS3

In Ireland the Prestige Edition will be exclusive to Gamestop.

That guy says "Badboy" too many times. It's a bit disturbing. I'm very iffy about the Authentic-ness of those night Vision goggles. either they will be a cheap crappy gimmick (not real NVG's) or this game will easily cost $200+. Real NVG's ain't exactly cheap ya know.

*EDIT* Bloody hell! I just did some research & the Prestige edition will retail for $149 (US) or 90 Pounds or for us lucky Aussies $187 BLOODY DOLLARS!!:mad::crying::mad:

Let me just clarify that this in no way means im not gonna get the Prestige edition I'm just pissed about having to Fork $187 out for it. especially in these hard economic times You'd think Activision would think twice about releasing something this expensive.

A quick trip onto COD4 and you'll find all the Infinity Ward arse lickers who cannot see beyond the COD franchise. They'll be saving up their job seekers allowance for months just to net this edition. There is an audience for it so they'll make it.

Yup, you're right :p

And yeah, I was gonna mention the badboy thing, oh, guess I just did :rolleyes:

The guy certainly wasn't the most eloquent of speakers though, that's for sure.

Thanks to lit class 3 years ago, everytime someone uses that word i think of Squealer

On topic: Those NVGs, i'm kinda skeptical about the quality, i mean, 200 is alot, but proper NVGs, cost a fair bit more?

Yes they do cost a lot more, they will be entry class. They won't be great but they should beat your eyesight in the dark.

I actually have no hankering for NVG's at all but when bundled with MW:2 I might as well do it for a laugh.

I'm more excited about the original CoD, I still play it on my PC when I get the time. Best CoD still imo.

Oh my God, how much do I agree with you. It was epic, not big system requirements, nice gameplay, massive online. CoD 2 is epic aswell, maybe the fact that you heal automaticly when you hide takes off the realism a bit but meh, there are more missions and weapons. Completed them both games but still play them over and over again. :)

What about places other then the UK?

Not heard yet. So far it seems like it's business as usual elsewhere as it's only the UK that has so far been locked into one of these retailer specific exclusivity deals.