We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Europe Vs North America

Jacob

Defender. The Wrangler has a bit of an image problem... *koff*queer*koff*

Anyway, to be fair, in the vid CMM posted, we don't know how fair the race actually was. You can see where the Escalade got stuck, who would try to drive up some banking like that when there's a perfectly good trail ahead of you? I'm not disputing that the Rangey is a better off-roader, as well as a better car all around, but that video probably wasn't the most decisive bit of proof. After all, JC is from Europe, and is quite anti-American so obviously he'd give the American cars a tougher time right?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caterham.

Fantastic track car, and it's british! :p Plus, the R500 is faster than a Veyron around the TG track.

And they would never let a cobra with a real 427 on their track, cause it would be much faster than most of the european stuff and Clarkson hasn't bought one.

This is a toughie. I really do like both. I mean, yes the Caterham is supposedly brilliant to drive (and i can somewhat agree, having driven the Caterham-alikes in Live For Speed), but I still can't resist the lure of a 427ci V8 in the Cobra, even if it will spend all its time trying to murder me...

I suppose the ideal solution for me is if Caterham stuffed a V8 into the 7. Oh hang on...

caterham_levante_2008_001.jpg

:drool:

And they would never let a cobra with a real 427 on their track, cause it would be much faster than most of the european stuff and Clarkson hasn't bought one.

The 427 has killed more people than gone round corners... so it would never make it round the TG track in a competitive time.

Whether you think Clarkson likes it or not, he has driven it more times than you.

Cadillac.

Mainly because I want an American style car for absolutely no reason that I can think of and because I watched that Vauxhall/Holden on Top Gear and yes the supercharger whine sounds great to start with, but living with it? I'd rather not, it'd grow to be irritating and I'd end up selling it quite quickly.