We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gaming setups

Beav

Hell yea lol XD

Thing is, a lot of dust, its today 1 month and 3 days i built it, this month going to blow it up with compressed air at my dad's company.

Each week though i wipe the dust off with a small painting brush (soft ones and clean ofc), only from the heat sink and coolers though.

And thanks xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many school-boy error penalties did you get? :p

None, lol. I was very paranoid ide put something on back to front and have to take it all off again. The only thing I couldn't do was nail the backboard on but I didn't want it on really incase my PC over heats in that small cupboard bit. The nails were very short and I hit my finger on every attempt, lol

• 4 weeks later...

Charlie misses his mum who's on holidays (yes he's a big mummy's boy dog).

@Leadfoot I haven't done GT5 yet - was on a TDU1 cruise last night. PC is left of the TV. It sounds like you need a keyboard drawer so the G25 doesn't intefere with your typing.

Since I usually watch TV on my PC in bed at night time, I had to move the X360 into my room, and use it as a media centre extender.

@Leadfoot I haven't done GT5 yet - was on a TDU1 cruise last night. PC is left of the TV. It sounds like you need a keyboard drawer so the G25 doesn't intefere with your typing.

The G25 had been mounted on the keyboard tray (because it can be slid back and underneath the desk, which helped a lot, but didn't solve the keyboard being at strange angles). Here's a pic (from this thread):

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

And I'm sorry I called your dog a cat in the chatbox. :whistle:

-Leadfoot

Wouldn't you be better off having the keyboard on the keyboard drawer, and mount the G25 to the sturdier desk where your keyboard currently resides? I'm surprised you haven't broken the drawer while racing already :)

A bit like:

01042010005.jpg

You'd have to move your chair and shifter closer to the desk, though.

considering how the wheel and pedals don't line up at all I'd say your problem is also horizontal :)

Also it's not particularly a brilliant idea to have a subwoofer that close to your HDDs (affects the magnets in them). When I got my speakers (my sub is a bit bigger) it said I should leave a 2 meter gap between the SW and the PC.

Just ignore the fact that I keep the PS3 right next to the woofer :)

Doesn't concern me quite as much.

hehe yeah it's an elite one. I don't really know the full name I've just gone for the cheapest with a good psu.

@ ryzza : I don't really have any other place to put it unfortunetely, altho it rattles and vibrates the pedals when you rev the engine in the game which is great :P , and yeah I have that problem , the wheel stands pretty low as well , but if I put it above the keyboard place my legs are too long for the pedals and it hurts :P.

Pretty much why I got the Elite aswell, though, it is pretty, methinks.

Here's mine ;D (Click to enlarge)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_197_0123.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_197_0124.jpg

And me looking quite derpy playing TDU2... Wasn't expecting my girlfriend to snap a picture >_<

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/acid44/th_197_0119.jpg